Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

yeah i am signed up.. am signed up for over a year now, just logged in and its same price. only reasonable priced ssd there is
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-128gb-octane-series-sata-3gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-848C.html?q=ssd&src=16

but ofc if the samsung one is pretty much the same price id prefer it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nice, that is coming up at 22.45 for me!!!

Just kidding!!

:P
    wouldnt be surprised. haha
    gah, wanna get 2 ssd's. one for the laptop and one for the pc :/

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

kenyard wrote: »
    yeah i am signed up.. am signed up for over a year now, just logged in and its same price. only reasonable priced ssd there is
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-128gb-octane-series-sata-3gb-s-2-5--solid-state-drive-848C.html?q=ssd&src=16

Kenyard, check your email account for 'VIP Sale'. It looks like you have to click through the email link you were sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

kenyard wrote: »

No, go to your emails where you've signed up. They sent a newsletter during the week. That's assuming it's not deleted or filtered.

• Advertisement

nah i have it deleted so. and i perma delete when i delete ;)
    no biggie. something else will come up soon im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

i just payed 200eu for 256gb. at 160eu i am tempted to get one more to swap my 60gb OS corsair one...

€200 for which brand?

Monotype wrote: »
    No, go to your emails where you've signed up. They sent a newsletter during the week. That's assuming it's not deleted or filtered.

i am signed up to dabs and i have never received a single email from them, not even confirming that i registered. my communication preferences are correctly set as far as i can see.

Your or your email provider's spam filters might be blocking them. Check spam folders. Double-check email address spelling.

This is something sent a few days ago so signing up a new account wouldn't do it.

Shadow got an M4.

Your or your email provider's spam filters might be blocking them. Check spam folders. Double-check email address spelling.

This is something sent a few days ago so signing up a new account wouldn't do it.

Shadow got an M4.

thanks for the quick reply m8. i just checked the spam folder and nothing from dabs ever either, spelling is correct. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

I'm the exact same here.....never received any news letter from dabs (ever) even though have it set in my account preferences and nothing in spam. Looking to pick up a SSD at the moment and that price would have been nice.:(

I never got any email but I can see both deals when I search for the product (Crucial M4 or Samsung 830). Not even signed in. And the price is sticking all the way through checkout (yesterday it wasn't)

30j1fgw.png

It says 'VIP Deal' so maybe it's only for people who have made purchases from Dabs recently?:confused:

oh nice thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

It says 'VIP Deal' so maybe it's only for people who have made purchases from Dabs recently?:confused:

Could be possible I haven't used them in nearly 2 years.

EDIT: Then how can you see the deal when you're not signed? Think this BA is just going to elude me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pcadvice wrote: »
    €200 for which brand?

Crucial m4 ofc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Looks like a great value 7870 on hardwareversand:

Sapphire 7870 for €222

A good bit cheaper than most other 7870s, but if I'm missing something, reply in the BA discussion and I'll delete this.
    Seems quite generous even with the recent price cuts.
    Discuss.
    Would I be wrong to go for this?
    I need to upgrade pretty quickly. I'll accept the first answer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

are you getting more things from HWVS to make up the €12 delivery?

even if not, its a great price. I built a rig a few weeks ago with the same card (x2) and if the guy saw what the price its going for now compared to what he paid he'll **** his pants :o

It's a good price. Not sure why it's such a good price, I was half suspecting that it was an "SE" card or something that I didn't here about. It must be because it's "lite retail" and has less stuff in the box or a very plain box even. OEM maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Super, thanks. :p
    I might get a hard drive too, just to make delivery cost less (in my head).

baw, it went up a few euro, and for 2 euro more I can get a gigabyte one with a custom cooler.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=57546&agid=1165
    Going with that one instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is this 2GB HD7850 worth sticking in the BA thread?

TBH I haven't been paying much attention to component prices in the last few months, but €169.90 + €10.99 shipping seems fairlty reasonable from a quick glance around other sites.

• Advertisement

I think that's the one that N64 had a load of horror stories about trying to get refunds from pixmania for his bad card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Amazon have the Samsung 830 120GB for €100 atm with free postage.

C14N wrote: »
    Amazon have the Samsung 830 120GB for €100 atm with free postage.
    Has been that price since July so I would say it is the 'normal' price for a 830 rather than a bargain. When the 840 launches we might see a price drop:
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-128GB-SATA-6GBPS-Basic/product/B007BBQPUA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Has been that price since July so I would say it is the 'normal' price for a 830 rather than a bargain. When the 840 launches we might see a price drop:
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-128GB-SATA-6GBPS-Basic/product/B007BBQPUA

I just saw it for the same price on Dabs in the post above so thought I would mention it. Any word on how much the 840 will cost on release date?

£165.95 ÷ 1.2 × 1.23 = 170.09875 ≈ £170.10

Then there's credit card conversions of about 1.75%. If you choose amazon's conversion, you should end up with much the same.

Edit: Just calculating it there with 1.75% and amazon are a bit more expensive. That's no surprise though as they're guaranteeing a rate rather than the credit cards which will be slightly more unstable. Just check your credit card terms if you want to know for certain what your rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I think that's the one that N64 had a load of horror stories about trying to get refunds from pixmania for his bad card.

Yeah, that is the card I had and while the performance was great, the build quality on the cooler was bad. Apart from my experience, a fair few reviews also do mention it. Sapphire have since updated the cooler on it but with ordering that generic card won't guarantee you will get it.

Pixmania are the worst of the worst when it comes to customer service as you mentioned. I was fighting with them for what seemed like a week to even send me the UPS shipping label they promised for me from the start but as soon as I mentioned the small claims court, I had a shipping label printout in my inbox the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am really tempted to buy one more 2312hm and finish off my setup. even if i will go for 1440p monitor later on 2312hm wont be a loss anyway. ill hook one of them to my old pc in dining room.

@Ed E

M4 or 830.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Cmon 830 prices! Go down more. Wanna get one in this laptop asap. It's the only SSD that fits in the Lenovo X131e because it's 7mm depth.

• Advertisement

Don't Crucial have a 7mm version of the M4? Wouldn't be much cheaper than the Samsung 830 though as their prices are fairly intertwined.

Advertisement