Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your least favorite radio presenter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ray Foley. Garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandscan

Mark Noble On Fm104 mumbles his words and he`s to laid back for morning radio (boring).Got a good laugh at the overnight dj on Q102 Robbie Kane he can`t speak properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

Ryan Tubridy - champion of the mediocre and annoying.
    Joe Duff - the mediocre and annoying.

I like Claire Byrne btw so that probably invalidates anything else I say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

ok here''s my list:

Gerry Ryan.
    Fiona Looney(can never stay off anything these days)
    Ray Foley
    Ian Dempsey
    Tom Dunne
    Eamon Keane
    Dave Fanning
    Colm and Jim Jim
    Tony Fention
    John Clarke

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

surely derek mooney deserves a menntion. the greatest drivel of all time
    him and his tits (blue)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Gerry Ryan-sleazy slob!! (i know this for a fact-sleazy is not the word!!!)
    Ruth Scott-just cant listen to her-the girl just isnt funny but she tries soo hard its cringeworthy!!!

And Matt Cooper-i can listen to him fine up to the point where he says "Sahurday" and its like nails on a blackboard-i just change the channel!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

dixierip wrote: »
    Ray Foley is the one 'dj' who make me reach for the dial every time.

+1; Gerry o Sullivan has a similar effect on me also; in both cases I have been known to almost crash the car in my efforts to switch station; such is the extent of my irk when they come on air.

Also, (And I say this as a Kerry person) Gerry O Sullivan is just *so* badly spoken; how he ended up on radio(despite his vast sporting knowledge) is beyond me:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

I think Gerry Ryan is superb on the radio particularly when he has a good guest on. I hate it though when he is chatting away to housewife's about housewife drivel - apologies to housewife's everywhere. He is certainly far better on the radio than on TV. One guest that really annoys me is Fiona Looney- very annoying person and is on his show every Friday. Have to switch off when she is on. Was a big shock when he broke up with his missus as he always spoke about her in adoring terms - what happened there by the way? I heard he was carrying away but I think thats just an unfounded rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Chriskavo wrote: »
    I think Gerry Ryan is superb on the radio particularly when he has a good guest on. I hate it though when he is chatting away to housewife's about housewife drivel - apologies to housewife's everywhere. He is certainly far better on the radio than on TV. One guest that really annoys me is Fiona Looney- very annoying person and is on his show every Friday. Have to switch off when she is on. Was a big shock when he broke up with his missus as he always spoke about her in adoring terms - what happened there by the way? I heard he was carrying away but I think thats just an unfounded rumour.

It is my understanding that it was the wife that was playing away from home...allegedly.

But God yeah...Fiona Looney has to be the most annoying person on radio..she just droons on...her newspaper features are the same. She reminds me of Joan Burton the Labour TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ray Foley. His show was on there in the house for a bit and I begged the others to to turn it off...i CAN'T BEAR another synthesised voice or those stupid tunes from cartoons they play..it's everyday without fail..makes me die a little inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Eamon Dunphy, why he left Newstalk 2 years ago we'll never know and now he's back. He'll be banging on how he loves sunday mornings and loves getting up early but 6 months later when he has poor listernership figures he'll leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

Bandscan wrote: »
    Got a good laugh at the overnight dj on Q102 Robbie Kane he can`t speak properly.

Well obviously he can and that is why he has the gig. You can tell that Robbie has alot of ambition, drive and passion towards the overnight show, yet you still knock that!!! Hmmmmmm..... Yet another classic case of bashing those who try quite hard to succeed in the industry.

In my opinion, Robbie has no pretentious grace's about him and gives alot to his show, yet you still mock anothers hard work and ambition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Has to be Ray Foley, followed closely by his Today FM colleagues Ray D'Arcy and Tony Fenton.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Badabing wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy, why he left Newstalk 2 years ago we'll never know and now he's back. He'll be banging on how he loves sunday mornings and loves getting up early but 6 months later when he has poor listernership figures he'll leave.

You wouldnt have next Saturdays lotto numbers by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 seanan37

cooler - 1 week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Jim Carroll on Phantom, man that dude is so far up his own jacksie he can tongue his molars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

*bump*
    Did anybody hear Tubridy interviewing those two from the chippers this morning? Really terrible stuff. Entire interview screamed, "You wouldn't catch me dead in one of these places"... Rattled through texts from listeners on autopilot, repeating one; patronised them ("so, growing up in a chipper - what was that like?... and do your clothes smell of frying when you get home?"), got the name of the organisation wrong... really, really terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trevor Stuckey

I completely agree with you about 'popster' Tom Dunne and the ratings charts are showing it so,I can not understand Newstalk pushing him so much. I now turn off Newstalk and switch to RTE whenever he comes on. Tom Dunne seems to be oly interested in 'Pop music, why is he on Newstalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Least Favourite radio presenters...

Eamon Keane
    Lucy Kennedy
    Mary Drivetime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

fergal darcy - i102-104

hell the whole station while im at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Aine Lawlor:mad::mad::mad:
    CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    Aine Lawlor(off Morning Ireland). Very tedious to listen to.

The voice, thinks she's funny but not, irrelevant comments.
    As soon as the papers are done and I know she'll be on I'm gone from M I.
    Wish she would take a really long holiday or retire to the other side of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Nikki Hayes makes my blood BOIL...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Has to be Tom Dunne!!
    My God that guy can waffle on about absolutely nothing all day.
    The day I find the 'hole in his coat' or that his children didn't eat their dinner the previous night, interesting, is the day I know dementia has arrived :)
    Agree totally...... and he hates Chelsea!! Big Newstalk fan - but this guy's the weakest link imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woshimeinv

Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Condi wrote: »

From the time stamp on your post that sounds more like it was Barbara Níc Donnacha presenting her own show 'Ar Éileamh' which by it's nature is a bilingual music show.
    I notice a trend in this forum that people seem to relate more to those radio presenters who tend to turn up to work in a suit and tie rather then those who turn up in hoodies and street gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Tom Dunne loves himself and female listeners,it seems love him too.The master of trite ***te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Tom Dunne.... the accent is awful, and getting worse, why does he have to speak in that way.... its not faaaaaantaaaaaastic :confused:

• Advertisement

Advertisement