Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your least favorite radio presenter?

Options
  • 25-02-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Mine would be Nikki Hayes. Not gunna say why, I just hate her on t'radio. And Jim & Niamh off of FM104. Aural diarrhea!

What about you?

Note: Don't be a sap and make personal jabs against them, just why you dislike then on the radio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Ian Dempsey when he does that American accent thingy when announcing a song.

Keep Phil Cawley there instead, you can feel the tension between him and Paul Collins, its great.

Oh and Ray Foley, his show got old quick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tom Dunne - just can't listen to the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Tim Kelly. Phil Cawley. The Fent.

it's not the 80's anymore guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Fenton. Hands down, no contest.

His phony 'OH MY GAWD' carry on drives me to drink. The alternative on 2fm at that time is just as brutal.

Everytime I hear him I die a little inside

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzy8

colin an jimjim too happy too early
    an ray foley show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Ray Darcy. After all these years never progressed beyond the stage of thinking it was cool and rebellious to swear on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Ryan, G. Ryan and Ryan T.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ryan Tubridy or Gerry Ryan, can't decide who is more irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Has to be G Ryan, too smug and too over paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm not much of a fan of either Ryan but they're both better on the radio than the tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Jenny Kelly on the ray Darcy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Everyone on 2FM except Larry. Tony Fenton, Phil Cawley Both Fake as phuck!! Hate them. My god, this country is really lacking in any good dj's!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

98fms dermot dave and siobhan.

all she does is fake laughs at their stupid jokes.

as bad as others are these clowns have to be the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Ruth Scott...way too mid-atlantic.
    Ray D'arcy...as many others have said the show is just a whingefest in my opinion. The tone of the show is as if the world was going to end tomorrow:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Ruth Scott probably. I also can't stand when Will Leahy cuts into a song to say "tuuuune", indicating that he thinks it is a great song. "Twaaaat", indicating i think he is a twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

Ray Foley. Sweet jesus I dont know how anyone over the age of 14 can listen to him.

Oh and his disciples who mindlessly quote his sh1tty catchphrases 'hey ray....LOVE the show':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Ruth Scott...way too mid-atlantic.
    Ray D'arcy...as many others have said the show is just a whingefest in my opinion. The tone of the show is as if the world was going to end tomorrow:rolleyes:

you must be confusing ruth scott with someone else , ruth scott isnt mid atlantic , her role is that of chirpy culchie chick

as for my least favourite radio presenter , hands down , rick o shea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

I hate Gerry Ryan with a passion! Everything he talks about always leads back to sex. oh he's soooo annoying, I hate the sound of his voice, it grosses me out ahhhhhhh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

For sheer awfulness it has to be Newtalk's Jerry O' Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,867 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Chris Greene on i105107, the guy is so obnoxiously up himself. In general I love iRadio on both sides but this guy....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Interesting that the same names tend to be repeated so I won't buck the trend.

Ray D'Arcy, Tim Kelly, Andy Preston and Chris Green are my nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ray D'Arcy and Gerry Ryan because both shows are pure drivel.

Ryan Tubridy because I really can't stand the guy.

There are loads more from 2fm and the odd one or two on Today FM but they wouldn't make me want to bang my head repeatedly against the steering wheel like the above would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Ray Foley is painfully bad and the whole programme is like a tired joke that just isn't funny, even an adolescent would find it a sad effort. Its woefully lacking in talent and overwhelming comprised of ego, silly stale gags and a ha ha aren't we mad vibe. On good days its just irritating.

Gerry Ryan is immediate jump for the radio and change channels alert. I have no idea how that kind of show with his presenting has lasted so long. I honestly don't think he is an intelligent individual and therefore he appeals to a lower common denominator.

Recently, I have been finding Alison Curtis more and more annoying. I sometimes like the music she plays but cannot stand when she starts on with her chummy in with the girls "yeah I just looovve this too,... had such a great time at this,... was telling my husband..."Oh just shut up and play some tunes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Gerry Ryan purely for the fact he eats and slurps his tea while on the air. It's so rude.

There's a FM104 DJ on the grave yard shift and she has such a put on accent it's very irritating. I couldn't tell you her name as I don't care to find it out. Channel switch immediately when I hear her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Gerry Ryan, Ryan Tubridy. Joe Duffy, Ray D'arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I can't stand Gerry Ryan. So smug and self-satisfied. The Ray Foley show is horribly annoying too.

The one presenter that I absolutely can't stand is Miochael McMullan who does the sport on Today FM. Sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth or something. His voice drives me up the wall :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

greendom wrote: »
    Tom Dunne - just can't listen to the guy

Tom Dunne is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Deedsie wrote: »
    Jenny Kelly on the ray Darcy show.

And her side kick Darcy, pair of smug gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Des "Down with the lads" Cahill.
    Joe Duffy.
    Mary Wilson.

I once had the misfortune of hearing the Ray Foley show, truly fúcking awful. What age is the man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

all of them. lastfm is god and cuts out the jock

Advertisement