Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your least favorite radio presenter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

National - Tony 'Tone on the Fone' Fenton, Phil Cawley and Tom Dunne. Fenton is the worst though, plays the same music daily and sounds undeniably contrived and fake.

Local - half of the djs on Red FM who seem to talk in this concocted Cork-Americano drawl. Also nearly every DJ on Spin Southwest, a supposedly professional station who's djs all sound like transition year work experience students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Tony Fenton for me.. that stupid put on accent, the fact when a listner gets on to talk he does'nt even listen to the person speaking..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

In no particular order:

Ray Foley and crew.

Ray darcy and crew.

Gerry Ryan and fiona looney.

Lenny of KC and lenny, red fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Gerry Ryan, the mans arrogance makes me cringe, i would'nt mind if he had a reason to be as arrogant as he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

I can't listen to Gerry Ryan or Aine Lawlor(off Morning Ireland). Very tedious to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sureone

Gerry ryan. Complete and utter waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Ray Foley : The guy has an ego the size of the planet and totally loves himself.

And them 2 sickeners on 2fm in the morning, can't bring myself to print their names, they're not remotely funny and are an embarrassment to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Tom Dunne :mad:

Cant speak properly, fluffs his words far too frequently, & talks a load of drivel about nothing (while inanely laughing at everything)! > how this guy got his own 'talk-show' is beyond me.

Speech therapy please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BongoJuice

This is such a difficult question given the competition. One man rises above the parapet for me however. It's Mr five personalities himself John 'Biy' Creedon. Look son we can quite clearly tell you are from Cork by that mangled accent, the reminders don't need to flow. The everybodies best friend routine isn't holding any water either I'm afraid. Overly jovial men tend to rise suspicion in me. Your indulgent playlist might be keeping you happy but isolating most I'm afraid. Finally keep those fluffy texts from Gobnait (87) from Bandon out of the show. Martin King has the request thing sown up and no one appreciates him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 hey venus

gerry em eh ok eh ok osuillivan and george hook the vioce is so up and down it makes me dizzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Tony Fenton

Force fed Today FM at work in my last job and his were the worst 2 hours of every day.
    I don't listen to much radio anymore. I just flick channels listening out for tunes. Don't know if it's just because I prefer music or Irish radio presenters are so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

Camelot wrote: »
    Tom Dunne :mad:

Cant speak properly, fluffs his words far too frequently, & talks a load of drivel about nothing (while inanely laughing at everything)! > how this guy got his own 'talk-show' is beyond me.

Speech therapy please.

Why does he constantly tell us step by step the development of his children??? "this one woke at 3am and went to the toilet" or "that one switched channels all on her own" and then when he goes on about his wife it makes me sick. If my best mate went on that much, I'd slap him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Joe Duffy
    Gerry Ryan
    Tony Fenton
    Ryan Tubs

In that order

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandscan

Can`t stand the breakfast Show lads in the morning on LMFM Seamus & Chris their annoying,Eamon Keane On Newstalk i don`t like his interveiw style.Tony Fenton his style of presenting was done in the 80`s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

BongoJuice wrote: »
    This is such a difficult question given the competition. One man rises above the parapet for me however. It's Mr five personalities himself John 'Biy' Creedon. Look son we can quite clearly tell you are from Cork by that mangled accent, the reminders don't need to flow. The everybodies best friend routine isn't holding any water either I'm afraid. Overly jovial men tend to rise suspicion in me. Your indulgent playlist might be keeping you happy but isolating most I'm afraid. Finally keep those fluffy texts from Gobnait (87) from Bandon out of the show. Martin King has the request thing sown up and no one appreciates him for it.

Have to say ..great post...perfectly summed up !

Go the Bongo !

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Patrick Geoghegan on Talking History on Newstalk.

There's no harm in the lad, but if you looked up a dictionary for a definition of "gauche" I suspect you might find his picture there.

Guests on the show appear to be regularly taken aback by the lightweight approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Nikki Hayes, god.

Can't believe she has not been mentioned yet.

You being sarcastic??! :confused:

For me it's Nikki Hayes by a mile.
    Also Larry Gogan. I don't get the "legend" status. I find him dull and annoying.
    And, of course, G Ryan ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Nikki Hayes probably. Her show is aimed at a certain audience so hopefully she is more than just a ditzy blonde who lives for the weekend. Probably not though!

Also Martin King. I have the misfortune of being out on the road early most saturday mornings and his show is just aural abuse. Its just a constant stream of the latest pop fluff, ads, prizes, and requests. And that fúckin truckers tune.
    "We have Mick on the line, Howerya Mick"
    "Howsa goin Martin"
    "Your in the big rig Mick, where are you goin from and where are ya headin"
    "I Left Ballygofúckways at 4am and Im on the N73 to Kilcock"
    "What do ya want to hear Mick"
    "Jaysus Martin sure its 8am, I think some Metalica would be the business"

I must have heard that same conversation 100 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sweet Jaysus!!!

How come you didn't shoot yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

dont listen to radio anymore, but it used to be george hook, g.ryan, fenton, r.darcy, nikki hayes and yer man from stadium rock on phantom, i mean they could at least give the job to an irish man....

anyway, i gave up on radio when i subscribed to last fm, no ads, no djs and i've been introduced to so much new music that i'll never turn on the wireless again......oh and joe duffy too, he's a proper clown

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

and yer man from stadium rock on phantom, i mean they could at least give the job to an irish man....

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Also Larry Gogan. I don't get the "legend" status. I find him dull and annoying.
    And, of course, G Ryan ♥

She was mentioned in my opening post.

Baaaah! Awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

And, of course, G Ryan ♥

larry gogan never uttered a spontaneous line in his 50 year career yet hes still miles better than most on radio

Phil Cawley

he does my head in

dont listen to radio anymore, but it used to be george hook, g.ryan, fenton, r.darcy, nikki hayes and yer man from stadium rock on phantom, i mean they could at least give the job to an irish man....

anyway, i gave up on radio when i subscribed to last fm, no ads, no djs and i've been introduced to so much new music that i'll never turn on the wireless again......oh and joe duffy too, he's a proper clown

Gee, I wonder why you gave up listening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

A poll would be nice....

A poll would be nice....

Concurred. What a splendid idea.

But with so many choices, its gonna be tough. I'll have to weigh up the pros (zero, zilch, none) and cons of Ray Foley, D'arcy and G.Ryan and consider my decision carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bandscan

O No Tim Kelly was back on Today Fm This Morning,every time he spoke he said something about Ghosts and Haunted Houses or mentioned Phil Cawley.Please come Back Alison Curtis.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Suzie G on Q102 and every other presenter with a lisp on there!!

At least I think that's her name and station...

I wonder if someone in Q102 was afraid NOT to hire them in case it was deemed discriminatory?

Is it too much to ask that radio presenters are able to speak without lisps?

I've nothing against anyone with a lisp but when I hear it on the radio I'm forced to change before my head explodes! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Jim Sweeney on LMFM

How did I forget about him.

Advertisement