Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

What's the story with Casey's, are they closed down? I have a table booked for tonight and have just been told they weren't open last weekend. No answer when I ring either.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

What's the story with Casey's, are they closed down? I have a table booked for tonight and have just been told they weren't open last weekend. No answer when I ring either.:(

Yep, another one bites the dust. You could possibly say it is poor form on their part for not cancelling bookings but it must be heart breaking enough having to close your business without having to explain it to strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Yep, another one bites the dust. You could possibly say it is poor form on their part for not cancelling bookings but it must be heart breaking enough having to close your business without having to explain it to strangers.

I didn't realise they were closed. I had heard they were suposed to be opening in Tramore, opposite the Seahorse :confused:

Very poor form of them not to contact people who had bookings with them, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

RubyK wrote: »
    I didn't realise they were closed. I had heard they were suposed to be opening in Tramore, opposite the Seahorse :confused:

Very poor form of them not to contact people who had bookings with them, imo.

If they are only moving they should have had the courtesy to contact people. It would also be strange if they didn't port their old telephone number to the new premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Agree. If it is just a premises move it's very bad form but if it's a bank forced closure or something similar then the last thing on the owners mind is to be ringing people.

• Advertisement

Well it seems I'll have to look around for somewhere else now. As a matter of courtesy I would've expected at least a phonecall. At least I have some time to ring around though. I've just heard from someone working close to the premises, that a party of about ten people had booked there for a 60th birthday last Saturday night. Turned up to locked doors and nobody answering the phone. Completely left in the lurch and had to go off to see if they could get in somewhere else. That was totally unnessesary and really bad management practice if they hope to stay on in the business. I'm shocked really. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Well it seems I'll have to look around for somewhere else now. As a matter of courtesy I would've expected at least a phonecall. At least I have some time to ring around though. I've just heard from someone working close to the premises, that a party of about ten people had booked there for a 60th birthday last Saturday night. Turned up to locked doors and nobody answering the phone. Completely left in the lurch and had to go off to see if they could get in somewhere else. That was totally unnessesary and really bad management practice if they hope to stay on in the business. I'm shocked really. :(

Looks like a similar comment was left on trip advisor about a 21st birthday party:
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186638-d2435940-Reviews-Casey_s_Steakhouse-Waterford_County_Waterford.html

Wow it absolutely beggers belief! Two big birthdays on the same night,
    I couldn't even begin to imagine how let down they must've felt. I only hope
    the other party were as lucky and found somewhere to accommodate them in the end. Not easy on a Saturday night either. A bit of decency and consideration doesn't cost much.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 junglejim1

Are they deffo closed down?
    If so what were they doing wrong, seemed busy and reviews were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

junglejim1 wrote: »
    Are they deffo closed down?
    If so what were they doing wrong, seemed busy and reviews were very good.

Deffo closed down.

Not even a sign in the door saying they've closed or thanks to their customers. Bad form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

It seemed to do really well when they first opened so I'm surprised and I liked it in there.

Thing is though Casey's (rightly or wrongly) will be peoples first choice for a steak and seafood night in the majority of cases. I didnt think there was much in the two places but Caseys probably was that bit nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Indeed I do :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Not a restaurant as such but Sweet Port is a damn fine pancakery (not sure if that's a word) on O'Connell St.

Ate out of there twice and am craving a return.
    Then again anything with cream and strawberries in it gets my vote.

Waffles look class too but only had the pancakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

We were in a gorgeous new restaurant (I think its new anyway!) in Tramore on Monday called Brooklyn. (I know its county but city folk should really give this place a go!)

Its a little bit of a throwback to the feel of NY Burger.. sort of casual but with a lot extra on the menu. Prices were reasonable and the food was really great. The only problem was we liked it so much we went back again the next day but it was closed at 2pm!

I'm hoping I just missed a sign that says closed on Tuesdays or something like that. I'd happily drive out from the city to give it another go regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Where in Tramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

It's where azzurro was across from the lifeguard hut

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He's going teaching in the college I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

kaef wrote: »

Quinn & Larkin Catering is a new catering movement in Waterford, founded by Michael Quinn a multi award winning chef and his Sous chef Dave Larkin, we are aiming to provide for a wide range of catering needs , from fine dinning to outdoor . If you have any queries please contact us through our email or feel free to give us a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

New place opening up called No.9 Cafe Barronstrand St. where Brunch/Loughmans was. Think they are launching at 1.00 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Jason Todd wrote: »
    New place opening up called No.9 Cafe Barronstrand St. where Brunch/Loughmans was. Think they are launching at 1.00 tomorrow.

They seem to have gone rightly in for the oul' publicity - I saw it more than once in my Twitter feed. Anyone been in there? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Not been in there yet, but my mother has. I tried to get in there one of the first days it opened, but was told I'd have a 20/30 minute wait on a table:( But I presume this was as it was just newly opened. It's table service now, and there's a play are for kids, yay! Also, nice to hear they have some of the old Brunch staff:). Hear it's a little more expensive than Brunch, but the food is really good....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does anyone know is Le Blaa down on the Viking Triange is closed down?? I passed there yesterday about 3pm and the place was closed up and just again there today and there is no activity in or outside of it, I really hope not as the place was a great little cafe..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Does anyone know is Le Blaa down on the Viking Triange is closed down?? I passed there yesterday about 3pm and the place was closed up and just again there today and there is no activity in or outside of it, I really hope not as the place was a great little cafe..

Yeah a friend of mine was running it for the last little while but they closed up at the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah im sorry to hear that, another sign of the times I guess. Shame, I really thought it was a great cafe. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiseryMary

Poppys Restaurant is nice! It change abit colour wise it went under new management but its a great place to eat out or enjoy coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

What is poppys New opening hours. I have past it a few times during the week and it's been shut.

Advertisement