Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hi everyone. Looking to find details on that new Singapore/Malaysian restaurant in henrietta street, can't find any details on Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

er1983 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Looking to find details on that new Singapore/Malaysian restaurant in henrietta street, can't find any details on Internet

Couldn't say better things about Morzio.. Tried it when it opened a few months back after getting a leaflet through the door and wasn't disappointed.
    It's really fresh take away (which is hard to imagine) :p but there's no grease or oil in sight, as you'd find with most places...
    Definitely worth a try if you're used to Chinese takeaways this would be a step up!

Couldn't say better things about Morzio.. Tried it when it opened a few months back after getting a leaflet through the door and wasn't disappointed.
    It's really fresh take away (which is hard to imagine) :p but there's no grease or oil in sight, as you'd find with most places...
    Definitely worth a try if you're used to Chinese takeaways this would be a step up!

Great thanks a mill :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

They really need to get themselves onto the internet though.

Spent a good while trying to find their opening times and menus but to no avail last week.

In this day and age, I'm very surprised that a new restaurant doesn't get a website up and running straight away.

iseegirls wrote: »
    They really need to get themselves onto the internet though.

Spent a good while trying to find their opening times and menus but to no avail last week.

In this day and age, I'm very surprised that a new restaurant doesn't get a website up and running straight away.

Them seem to do well from word of mouth atm... they are handing things though doors, thats why I tried them and they do deliver..

They wouldnt be the only place not to be online, yes the majority are but if they want to try something different then al the best to them! every place thats been in there (flame, limeleaf) followed the same strategy and went nowhere with it.

Hopefully whatever plans Morzio has will enable them to stay open in the future and keep people employed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hey lads,
    Looking for some info, I have a potential booking of 15-20 ppl and trying to suss out the best quality for value, European restaurants only.

All opinions are welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Looking for some info, I have a potential booking of 15-20 ppl and trying to suss out the best quality for value, European restaurants only.

All opinions are welcome

Contact www.facebook.com/espressowaterford It's an Italian and I'm pretty sure they'd get back to you quick enough with a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Karyn27

I went to Harlequin Cafe for dinner for the first time last week. I've been there a few times over the years for lunch, which I thought was pretty good. But I'm blown away by their evening meals.

I had the Funghi Tortelloni, and it was the best dish I've eaten in any Italian restaurant in Ireland.

The service was not fast, only one waiter for the restaurant, but I didn't mind at all and used the time to relax and enjoy my wine.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Karyn27 wrote: »
    I went to Harlequin Cafe for dinner for the first time last week. I've been there a few times over the years for lunch, which I thought was pretty good. But I'm blown away by their evening meals.

I had the Funghi Tortelloni, and it was the best dish I've eaten in any Italian restaurant in Ireland.

The service was not fast, only one waiter for the restaurant, but I didn't mind at all and used the time to relax and enjoy my wine.

The lads who run that are absolute gents too. I must go in there sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ThePinkCage

I must go back. It's been too long.

• Advertisement

Hey everyone looking for a phone number for morzio Singapore restaurant could anyone help me, nothing online!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beanieb

Hi er1983 if you contact howay restaurant in passage east 051-380749 they should be able to help as they own the new morizo place in town.

Hey everyone looking for a phone number for morzio Singapore restaurant could anyone help me, nothing online!

Only way is on the window I think :/
    really disappointed to hear they're only open Thursday-sat/sun ... not a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Only way is on the window I think :/
    really disappointed to hear they're only open Thursday-sat/sun ... not a good sign

How is it not a good sign? Maybe they have done their research and found out that it isn't cost effective to open Monday - Wednesday. It's tough enough to make money in the restaurant trade during the busy times let alone during the quieter nights.

How is it not a good sign? Maybe they have done their research and found out that it isn't cost effective to open Monday - Wednesday. It's tough enough to make money in the restaurant trade during the busy times let alone during the quieter nights.

Id imagine the rent on a prime central location such as this one would need more than three nights taking to cover it plus other expenses and still be profitable

just found it! mods if I cant post it here edit and Ill pm er1983...

Its 852821

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

that's an exception so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Lovely meal in Latmosphere last weekend, beautiful food, great wine, great service and very reasonable prices. Will definetly be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

I see Waterford Castle Hotel's Restaurant ( The Munster Room ) received the
    'Best Hotel Restaurant in Munster' award last night. All thanks to it's manager
    Fiona and her team, in my humblest opinion.
    Not that you'd see me there too often.
    Bodega also won an award.

• Advertisement

Despot Dan wrote: »
    I see Waterford Castle Hotel's Restaurant ( The Munster Room ) received the
    'Best Hotel Restaurant in Munster' award last night. All thanks to it's manager
    Fiona and her team, in my humblest opinion.
    Not that you'd see me there too often.
    Bodega also won an award.

Mick Quinn might have something to say about that.

Think Copper Hen in Fenor won an award for best 'Best Casual Dining Restaurant' too. Have never eaten out there, might give it a go in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ThePinkCage

Mixed reports on The Copper Hen. Some people love it. We found it disappointing. Husband's pork belly was mostly fat. When he pointed this out to them, they were dismissive. Early bird menu quite limited, felt like they were skimping on ingredients to make it cheaper. It is good value, but when you consider that you can go to L'Atmosphere and eat top foot, with wine, for a similar price, you see that delivering value and taste can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had a lovely meal in L'Atmosphere last week and I also had a lovely meal in The Copper Hen last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Getting married in Waterford Castle in August and having a bit of food in The Munster Room afterwards so very happy to see that :D

Also, absolutely love Bodega, favourite restaurant in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Getting married in Waterford Castle in August and having a bit of food in The Munster Room afterwards so very happy to see that :D

I got married there in 2010. My friends still talk about the meal we got. Amazing venue.

Mixed reports on The Copper Hen. Some people love it. We found it disappointing. Husband's pork belly was mostly fat. When he pointed this out to them, they were dismissive. Early bird menu quite limited, felt like they were skimping on ingredients to make it cheaper. It is good value, but when you consider that you can go to L'Atmosphere and eat top foot, with wine, for a similar price, you see that delivering value and taste can be done.

Yeah, the early bird deal in L'Atmosphere is top notch. Not a big selection but something to suit everyone and they don't skimp on the portions. You can't go wrong with €20 for 3 courses, glass of wine and tea/coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Has anyone tried the Little India restraurant on Parnell street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Yes, best curry in town. Without any shadow of a doubt.

Finnbar01 wrote: »

I've got 3 takeaways there in the past month and I can't praise it enough - none of us had a bad word to say about it. Really fresh food and decent portions. Good service too - I don't want to set false expectations but they have given us a free bottle of Cobra, 2 x free rice and a free starter with our order each time. Bear in mind we are a group of 6 so it's a big order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Love Little India :) recommend it highly, especially if you like hot curries. They are very pleasant in there too.

Advertisement