Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Is Wongsons Chinese Seafood Restaurant in High St still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RumMonkey

iseegirls wrote: »
    I'm always sucked in to Trip Advisor - so anytime i'm going somewhere my first port of call is to check out the site. At the moment Harlequin is number one restaurant in Waterford - so it must be doing something right.

The owner/manager is very friendly, but i just feel that it needs a better place for it - always seems very squashed if there's more than a few people in there.

I ate there Friday night. Lovely meal but the chef needs to get his timing right. My friend had his main course 15 minutes before I had mine. And when mine finally arrived so did his veg. Chef must have one burner for the whole restaurant. Asked for the bill when my dinner arrived because I knew it would take ages for the young waiter to bring it. He never brought it so had to finally go up to the chef and ask for the bill because we were heading to a film.

Meal was tasty but don't go there is you have any plans after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Is Wongsons Chinese Seafood Restaurant in High St still open?

Its closed a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

south wrote: »
    Its closed a while now.
    was a nice place en all :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

was a nice place en all :-(

They are the same people who have the new Singapore restaurant where Flame used to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 kilkennyuser

will be visiting waterford in 2 weeks time wondering has waterford got a really good italian restaurant?i;m lookin for 1 that has real italian chefs in there kitchen..

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

will be visiting waterford in 2 weeks time wondering has waterford got a really good italian restaurant?i;m lookin for 1 that has real italian chefs in there kitchen..

thanks

Emiliano's

Jenny1 wrote: »
    Emiliano's

have u an address for it?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anyone else feel La Palm has gone off a little in the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhy_dee

I was about to recommend La Palma actually - I can't stand Emiliano's. I find the staff overbearing and last time I ate there (October) it was awful. I've eaten in La Palma twice in the past month and thought it was great, even though I had heard people say it had gone off the boil a bit. I didn't think so at all, I find it very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i Find La Palma excellent. Never had a bad meal or experience there. Great food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

jennygirl wrote: »
    i Find La Palma excellent. Never had a bad meal or experience there. Great food.

Never had a bad experience there myself, just think it has dropped a little

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the Tower Hotel like for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

We went to McCLearys for dinner tonight, all I can say is wow! Nicest meal out in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

We went to McCLearys for dinner tonight, all I can say is wow! Nicest meal out in a long time.
    Its good ok but a bit ordinary menu I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Its good ok but a bit ordinary menu I thought.

There's still people like me who likes ordinary :D

I'm very boring as in I don't try anything new :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its been so long since I've been to a restaurant, I need recommendations.

Myself and 4 friends want to go out for an early bird next Sat night. Being Jan were looking for a bargain. Any ideas? Def less than €20 per head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its been so long since I've been to a restaurant, I need recommendations.

Myself and 4 friends want to go out for an early bird next Sat night. Being Jan were looking for a bargain. Any ideas? Def less than €20 per head.

What kind of cuisine would you be talking? Lots of choice around even at that price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

JV's food is terrible in my opinion. The "person" who wrote the menu is most definitely not the one cooking it.

Id go here http://restaurant-latmosphere.com/

20euro early bird with a glass of wine. Had it last week and it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

JV's food is terrible in my opinion. The "person" who wrote the menu is most definitely not the one cooking it.

Never had bad food in JV's. The food and service has always been top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Actually it might be very good, iv only been there once. Maybe I got them on a very off night, chefs night off maybe!!!

We ended up going with JV's even though its a bit above our budget, theres an offer on so it will be €20 a head.

I didnt even know there was a restaurant in the Forum.... I never had a chance to get to the Hairy Pig.

DP

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

south wrote: »

Never had bad food in JV's. The food and service has always been top notch.
    +1 for jv,s was there about 6 times and food was to die for and staff were brilliant too i even left nice tips over how good service was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

+1 for L'Atmospheres early bird special. Went in over Christmas and it was delicious. Brilliant value for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Had a fantastic meal with family in Emilianos tonight. The place was buzzing with a really busy atmosphere. Plenty of staff flying around doing their thing without disturbing anyone. Food was really excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement