Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Emiliano's is very nice. Good selection of food. Lovely atmosphere. (The Montepulciano D'Abruzzo red wine is lovely too ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Espresso have a €50 couples menu including wine for valentines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

And if you don't like wine you can two beers instead (or two of any drink really). That's pretty good tbh. (Menu was posted on their facebook page yesterday). Espresso has gone a bit quiet on facebook lately...used to be giving away stuff and offering promos like special wednesdays etc regularly. Might be down to the refurbishments and new menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    We ended up going with JV's even though its a bit above our budget, theres an offer on so it will be €20 a head.

I didnt even know there was a restaurant in the Forum.... I never had a chance to get to the Hairy Pig.

It was gorgeous, well worth €20 a head.

I had garlic mushrooms, goats cheese tart and deep fried ice cream.
    The accompanying veg was lovely, we asked for more and got it.

I wouldn't order deep fried ice cream again but I'm glad I tried it.

It's a very sparse room, there was 2 feet between each table which was nice. Lovely venue, it will probably be another 12 months before I go out for dinner but when I do it would be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It was gorgeous, well worth €20 a head.

I had garlic mushrooms, goats cheese tart and deep fried ice cream.
    The accompanying veg was lovely, we asked for more and got it.

I wouldn't order deep fried ice cream again but I'm glad I tried it.

It's a very sparse room, there was 2 feet between each table which was nice. Lovely venue, it will probably be another 12 months before I go out for dinner but when I do it would be there.

Just noticed on their facebook page

Right Guy's the Valentines giveaway is going nicely we are going to do a special offer for this Friday night something to say goodbye to January with and if it's successful we will run it the last Friday of every month we will put together a 3 course menu for only €15pp book through our facebook page or by phone 051-871122 quoting the Facebook Friday offer. Menu will be posted tommorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

Its hard t beat the value menu in Mclearys the steaks are top notch, i usually get mash or veg instead of chips because they give quite alot of chips which is not a bad complaint but id keep ateing like lads n i leaves full as an egg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

dzilla wrote: »
    .... id keep ateing like lads n i leaves full as an egg

Eh?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

iseegirls wrote: »

Eh?? :confused:

Well boy whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Brendan Mason

Has Mizzoni's pizzeria on Patrick Street closed down? I live near them and they haven't been open the last two nights..

Has Mizzoni's pizzeria on Patrick Street closed down? I live near them and they haven't been open the last two nights..
    I tried ringing them last night a few times for make an order, and there was no answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Brendan Mason

A shame if they have closed down. Really great (and cheap) pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fantastic meal tonight in Emiliano's, bruschetta for starters and a perfectly cooked 10oz Angus for main, service was excellent and the place was packed! Upstairs and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Myself and my girlfriend went for a meal last night in An Cistin Anam- Over the ground, Under the waves (Steak and seafood) and it was absolutly smashing. I couldnt fault the place. Great food, Great service and Great price. The staff are friendly and relaxed and cant do enough for ya. The chef Ger came out and had a chat with us, Nice bloke...

I would highly recomend going there if you havent already, One of the best steaks iv ever had in my life and believe me iv had quiet a few lol

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

moose3844 wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend went for a meal last night in An Cistin Anam- Over the ground, Under the waves (Steak and seafood) and it was absolutly smashing. I couldnt fault the place. Great food, Great service and Great price. The staff are friendly and relaxed and cant do enough for ya. The chef Ger came out and had a chat with us, Nice bloke...

I would highly recomend going there if you havent already, One of the best steaks iv ever had in my life and believe me iv had quiet a few lol

Is that a new place? Where is it?

Upstairs over the Exchange in Ballybricken. Where the Hairy Pig used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Its been open for a couple of months now and iv eaten there twice. I really recomend it. Its seriously tasty food thats full of sole..

Yeah upstairs in the exchange on ballybricken. Its compleatly seperate from the exchange. You can get drink downstairs and bring it up with you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Went to JVs for lunch today. I had the salmon fishcakes and my boyfriend has the steak and guinness stew. The stew was okay but the fishcakes were awful and tasted like they had just been heated up in the microwave. We had to ask 4 times for the same cup of tea and twice for cutlery, while our food sat in front of us. Won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

+1000 I could not agree more - That lady does not seem to understand that the customer comes first, I and others have previously commented on that lady's negative vibes and manners both there and in the Crystal Cafe, I think she still thinks she is dealing with drunks at 3 am from her days running the New York Pie Company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

She is very rude, I have never been in her cafe for that reason. I had the misfortune of dealing with her through my line of work a few years back and it was enough to put me off giving her my custom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was very taken by Moose3844's description of An Cistin Anam restaurant. But I could not remember where in Ballybricken the Exchange is, so I did a bit of googling - without much success.

However I ended up on Trip advisor, where I found Moose3844's review, word for word under the same name, and lots more 'first and only' reviews within a couple of weeks all praising An Cistin Anam to the skies. That kind of enthusiasm and coincidence just makes me a wee bit suspicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

My friends and I went to Caseys Steakhouse last night and were impressed with it. The food and service was top notch and it was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Jason Todd wrote: »
    She is very rude, I have never been in her cafe for that reason. I had the misfortune of dealing with her through my line of work a few years back and it was enough to put me off giving her my custom.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

deisemum wrote: »
    My friends and I went to Caseys Steakhouse last night and were impressed with it. The food and service was top notch and it was good value.

i love Caseys, great pasta & steak, good value. used to love lazy lunches there --- but unfortunately closed for lunch these days - so gotta be a night time visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi guys, looking for a restaurant recommendation for someplace in waterford city to bring my dad. I'm not sure how to describe the type of place he likes.... I suppose the best way is some place with white tableclothes. Not too casual.
    Ideas?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

pwurple wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for a restaurant recommendation for someplace in waterford city to bring my dad. I'm not sure how to describe the type of place he likes.... I suppose the best way is some place with white tableclothes. Not too casual.
    Ideas?

Waterford Castle is about 40 a head for a 3 course with I think the ideal atmosphere of what your looking for.

If That's a little pricey Casey's/Mc Leary's are both stakehouses that everyone on this forum seems to recommend. Probably get a 3 course for under 30 or have al la carte options too. Again, both have really good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I went to McLearys the other night and wasn't overly impressed, actually I was disappointed as I had a lovely meal there last summer. I asked for my steak medium rare and it came overcooked and was bordering on medium to well done. The very least thing I'd expect from a self-described steakhouse is to be able to cook a steak. My chips were obviously cooked in oil that needed to be changed too. The other half had the salmon and I have to say that was tasty and well cooked but did come out slightly cold. Maybe it was just an off night or the head chef had a night off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I should have said, he is actually staying in Waterford castle for 3 nights, so i am really looking for somewhere in the city, as he will be eating in there already. He is exceptionally fussy about steak. It has to be cooked exactly right or it will be repeatedly going back to the kitchen. We never go to steak places because of this. Fish is his favourite. Any good fish places around?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I should have said, he is actually staying in Waterford castle for 3 nights, so i am really looking for somewhere in the city, as he will be eating in there already. He is exceptionally fussy about steak. It has to be cooked exactly right or it will be repeatedly going back to the kitchen. We never go to steak places because of this. Fish is his favourite. Any good fish places around?

caseys steakhouse is a must so.. its also great for fish, think theyre mainly all the specials they have so make sure to look at the boards if you do go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Ideas?

I would definitely take him to La Boheme, they do a very good early bird for €29. It's a lovely atmosphere for white tableclothes/waiter sweeping up your crumbs kind of place. Plus, the food is good.

Advertisement