Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Lineup

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, people are NOT going for the (shockingly bad) lineup.

I know I'm not anyway. And all of my friends who got tickets, likewise, are going for various other reasons such as the craiccccccc and the experience and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'm not really going for the music. If there was no line-up, and just Ents DJs or whatever, I wouldn't pay €78, the line-up kind of justifies that kind of money, even if it's not the best line-up ever. I'd say everyone 20% goes for the music, and mostly just for the night. That said, if there were no acts I'd like to see, I probably wouldn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Thirdfox wrote: »

...Oh I see, you are going to UCD ball...which will feature the musical talents of Jedward :rolleyes: ... How can you even comment on people's motivations for Trinity Ball then?

UCD ball is < half the price, and is very very different from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The UCD Ball is on in a carpark during the day. I'm pretty sure you can't compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

was at the UCD ball last year. fairly pathetic. The bands there were shi.te. its an insult to call it a ball. My favorite part of Trin ball is going into town around 5 or so tuxed up going to about 10 different bars(good bars/hotels) , get some food with mates , then hit TB last minute around 1230. its a great day. hasnt been about the music for a long time (since U2). trouble is getting one decent band instead of a few crap ones is that the main tent is small and not everyone will get into it. even for dizzee not everyone who wants to see him will this year. also they need to get rid of Budweiser. that was the beer of choice the last TB i was at when i was a student there.

• Advertisement

chave wrote: »
    was at the UCD ball last year. fairly pathetic. The bands there were shi.te.

Steps? Shíte? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's promoted as cheese & electro, they dont have any attempts at grandeur :)

As much as I like obscure indie (I dont >_>) I still think the UCD ball lineup is already better.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Fad wrote: »
    Steps? Shíte? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's promoted as cheese & electro, they dont have any attempts at grandeur :)

As much as I like obscure indie (I dont >_>) I still think the UCD ball lineup is already better.....

Why do you feel obliged to post on the Trinity Boards about how much you prefer the UCD ball line-up?
    Not trying to fuel the flames of College rivalries, I'm jus' sayin' like..

phlegms wrote: »
    Why do you feel obliged to post on the Trinity Boards about how much you prefer the UCD ball line-up?

popcorn_scoop_boxes.jpg

I'm part of the furniture at this stage.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I'm part of the furniture at this stage.........

Part of the stale, out of date, mahogany furniture from the 50's that needs to leave?

• Advertisement

Part of the stale, out of date, mahogany furniture from the 50's that needs to leave?

Sometimes words can hurt Phlegms.

_words_can_hurt_or_heal_small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

super-cool-story-bro.png?1244744947

Meh.........I'll never move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Meh.........I'll never move on!

You're not here.

tumblr_kumdm8Xfgw1qa35kg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Anyone see the University Times mention boards in their piece on the Trinity Ball. They seem to think there's a lot of giving out on here about stuff, whatever gave them that impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

bythewoods wrote: »
    The UCD Ball is on in a carpark during the day. I'm pretty sure you can't compare them.

Not this year. It's on in a big field, and it's gonna have more people than the trinity ball. I dare say it will be a lot more fun as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Aldito wrote: »
    Not this year. It's on in a big field, and it's gonna have more people than the trinity ball. I dare say it will be a lot more fun as well...

Big Field Vs Campus

I know which I prefer as a unique experience.(well as unique as an annual ball can be)

Advertisement