Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Lineup

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:28am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's:

Dizzee Rascal
    Mystery Jets
    Mr Hudson
    Uffie
    Digitalism
    Example
    Jape
    Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
    Jesse Rose
    Louis La Roche
    Japanese Popstars
    Fred Falke
    Delorentos
    The Law
    Darwin Deez
    Planet Parade
    Replicators
    Definitely Mightbe
    Adored
    Police Force
    Bitches with Wolves
    War Stage

Which I think is pretty fucking shit.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

andrew wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's:

Dizzee Rascal
    Mystery Jets
    Mr Hudson
    Uffie
    Digitalism
    Example
    Jape
    Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
    Jesse Rose
    Louis La Roche
    Japanese Popstars
    Fred Falke
    Delorentos
    The Law
    Darwin Deez
    Planet Parade
    Replicators
    Definitely Mightbe
    Adored
    Police Force
    Bitches with Wolves
    War Stage

80 quid for some serrious no-names? yeah, no thanks.

You'd think with MCD pulling the strings they could have roped in some better people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It's not that bad.

Dizzee, Jape, Delerentos, Digitalism and Definitely Mighbe are all worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

To be fair, the line up is actually quite good.

It will sell out.

6th ball for me, and it has never really been about the lineup. People always hark back to Jeff Buckley (who hated the gig by the by) and the Clash et al who played the ball. But they played the ball while not being massive stars at the time.

Dizee will be great, the Oasis tribute will be a fun sing along and frankly people will dance to any dj when they are in the usual TBall state of sobriety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

The only act I am genuinely looking foward to in that list is Mr. Hudson for the sole reason of wanting to bottle the cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

andrew wrote: »
    It's:

Dizzee Rascal
    Mystery Jets

Mr Hudson
    Uffie
    Digitalism

Example
    Jape
    Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
    Jesse Rose
    Louis La Roche
    Japanese Popstars

Fred Falke
    Delorentos
    The Law
    Darwin Deez
    Planet Parade
    Replicators
    Definitely Mightbe
    Adored
    Police Force
    Bitches with Wolves
    War Stage

These I'm very happy about, these I'm vaguely happy about, although I've seen most of them before. The rest are more or less white noise in my eyes. Or ears. I've seen Digitalism twice now, and they were great both times, but I amn't really bothered seeing them again. Mystery Jets would probably play for €20 if they did a solo gig, so it's basically paying €60 to see Dizzee Rascal, which I don't really want to do...

Was at Trinity Ball last year when I wasn't in Trinity, because I was playing, and I thought the atmosphere was horrible. Maybe it was because I wasn't bumping into people in my course everywhere, but I defintely felt that people didn't give a sht about the music, and just wanted to get drunk and say they went to Trinity Ball. For that reason, I can't really see myself shelling out €80 for that line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I'll be avoiding the facepaint area that is the War stage, everything else is fine. Better than fine: grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

These I'm very happy about, these I'm vaguely happy about, although I've seen most of them before. The rest are more or less white noise in my eyes. Or ears. I've seen Digitalism twice now, and they were great both times, but I amn't really bothered seeing them again. Mystery Jets would probably play for €20 if they did a solo gig, so it's basically paying €60 to see Dizzee Rascal, which I don't really want to do...

No no, its 80 euro for an often hilariously drama filled evening on campus with seven thousand-ish drunk people in formal wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

gaybitch wrote: »
    I'll be avoiding the facepaint area that is the War stage, everything else is fine. Better than fine: grand.

War stage?? A german is coming with me - I've been trying to explain the concept of War for ages. This will nicely kill two birds with one stone.

Bands, meh, I dont remember much of any of the music apart from a band called the mosquitos - I woke up in one of their tshirts after first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Meh, only band I'd like to see is Digitalism. Is the drunken night really worth that 80 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Is the drunken night really worth that 80 euro?

It can be. I went to all 4 of my undergraduate balls, and went with large enough groups that it was always fun (though some years much less so than others); it is weirdly great to wander around campus in black tie running into people every few yards. Really amn't sure about this year though; that line-up is pretty cack, I honestly don't think I've even heard of more than 2-3 of them. First year ever that I've looked at the list and not had a single act that I'd like to go see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

I think its a hell of a lot better than last year's line up anyway. Still not worth 80quid but its my last ball as an undergrad so I'll go.

Maybe if more people did go for the music it would have a better line up, honestly don't see the point spending that much money just to get pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

War stage?? A german is coming with me - I've been trying to explain the concept of War for ages. This will nicely kill two birds with one stone.

Care to attempt explaining to me? :) No idea what it is!

SherryD wrote: »
    Maybe if more people did go for the music it would have a better line up, honestly don't see the point spending that much money just to get pissed.

That's true, there's not really any demand for a great line-up, seeing as 90% of people will say something like this afterwards:
    Bands, meh, I dont remember much of any of the music apart from a band called the mosquitos - I woke up in one of their tshirts after first year.
    banjopaul wrote: »
    Care to attempt explaining to me? :) No idea what it is!

War is a night in Spy on Fridays, which is characterized by war paint being smeared on everyone, happy pop music like Lady Gaga, and an openness towards the gay community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

80 freakin' euro to see that gimpy Rascal? Ah here.

That line up is absolute RUBBISH tbh.

I like Digitalism, a lot, but they were shockin' bad at Oxegen. So I'm assuming they'll be equally shit, if not more shit at this. I've seen Delorentos about 25 times and tbh they're only meh, Mystery Jets haven't released anything in freakin' ages (and if they have, it must be quite shit as I know nothing about it)- and they're just generally quite shit anyway.
    Shit.

I'll probably still go if my friends are, but just for the experience as opposed to the shit music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

bythewoods wrote: »

I like Digitalism, a lot, but they were shockin' bad at Oxegen. So I'm assuming they'll be equally shit, if not more shit at this. I've seen Delorentos about 25 times and tbh they're only meh, Mystery Jets haven't released anything in freakin' ages (and if they have, it must be quite shit as I know nothing about it)- and they're just generally quite shit anyway.
    Shit.

I'll probably still go if my friends are, but just for the experience as opposed to the shit music.

First year I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

War is a night in Spy on Fridays, which is characterized by war paint being smeared on everyone, happy pop music like Lady Gaga, and an openness towards the gay community.

Cool, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Dizzee Rascal
    Mystery Jets
    Mr Hudson
    Uffie
    Digitalism

Example
    Jape
    Ou Est Le Swimming Pool
    Jesse Rose
    Louis La Roche

Japanese Popstars
    Fred Falke
    Delorentos
    The Law
    Darwin Deez
    Planet Parade
    Replicators
    Definitely Mightbe
    Adored
    Police Force
    Bitches with Wolves
    War Stage

People I'm looking forward to in bold.
    People I haven't heard of in strikeout glory.

Shall be a bit of craic anyways, but like, the lineup generally is a bit meh.
    There's no real headliner there.

Bloody Beetroots would have been ideal.

Mr Hudson - Sings awful songs you'll know from bad clubs like Supernova
    Example - Some rapper guy
    Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Band who cool people like
    Jesse Rose - Glitch-house DJ
    Louis La Roche - Tech-house/electro-house DJ, check out his Thriller remix
    Fred Falke
    The Law
    Darwin Deez
    Planet Parade
    Replicators
    Definitely Mightbe
    - Oasis cover band
    Adored
    Police Force
    Bitches with Wolves
    War Stage
    - Seems to be the DJs from War for some reason

Thought I'd help out as much I could

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Uffie will try her best :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

No no, its 80 euro for an often hilariously drama filled evening on campus with seven thousand-ish drunk people in formal wear.

"Drama" is one word you could call it.

I cant see myself paying 80 for it in fairness. Saying that, who knows what the future holds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cantankerous

I still don't see why they can't just get one or two good bands instead of getting a whole load of ****e ones.

I suppose given his popularity Dizzee rascal isn't a bad catch, and for the unwashed masses i suppose he at least should be more fun to dance to than the script (yeuch). Pity what he does can barely be described as music.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I still don't see why they can't just get one or two good bands instead of getting a whole load of ****e ones.
    This.

Or else drop the price of the tickets and just get in cheap unsigned acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

bythewoods wrote: »

Shit.

Ah Jennie, shut up now love. I agree the lineup is rubbish, but firstly it's not 80 just to see Dizzee Rascal, and anyway, he's decent enough for this sort of thing. Better than Script last year.

I was about to mock you about your love of Delorentos but then you did it yourself. Seen them 25 times and they're only meh? Should probably stop seeing them then.

I still love you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

The only thing I can take issue with from the line-up is the WAR stage. Christ alone knows how much those 3 are getting paid, as well as booking one of their band, James O'Neill's outfit Bitches with Wolves. Also it means that there'll be a high volume of dicks with facepaint around, which I can't really stomach.

Other than that I'm pretty happy and will almost definitely buy a ticket, as will most people I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I'm really not wowed by the line-up at all but I haven't been to the ball yet so I shall be going for the experience anyway. I do think the line-up could be better especially since the DCU Rag Ball have The Magic Numbers, Duke Special, Japanese Popstars, a silent disco plus 10 other acts for €35......

tomissex wrote: »
    I'm really not wowed by the line-up at all but I haven't been to the ball yet so I shall be going for the experience anyway. I do think the line-up could be better especially since the DCU Rag Ball have The Magic Numbers, Duke Special, Japanese Popstars, a silent disco plus 10 other acts for €35......

Amy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Amy?
    :D *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

I completely agree with tomissex, DCU appear to have a much better line-up, don't think i'd waste my time for all those lined up for trinity ball, especially hate that dizzie rascal muppet.

tomissex wrote: »
    :D *waves*

Combination of the sig and never having been to tball. Paramore instead...really?

As for the DCU lineup that seems to be fairly awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Thought last year's line up was better and was only ok at that. Dizzee's fairly big but can't stand his music. I'd like to see Mystery Jets and Japanese Popstars but not paying €78 for that

Would much rather a night out in town where I'd spend less and actually have a choice of more than one beer at the venue. What was it last year?? Coors??:(

Advertisement