Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Lineup

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

There are far too many idiots in Trinity who'll choose to listen to this kind of crap. I'd rather spend that money on some good **** and a niteclub that plays good music. No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

Only acts I want to see are Mystery Jets, Jape, Delorentos and Planet Parade, I'd almost be willing to bet there will be clashes with all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Denerick wrote: »
    There are far too many idiots in Trinity who'll choose to listen to this kind of crap. I'd rather spend that money on quality hookers and a niteclub that plays good music. No thanks.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Just for the fact that I won't be here in Dublin next year and this is probably my last year in college (and I'm only 21!) I think I might go for the craic! Sure, there's shit music on anyway and chances are I'll be buckled before I even get to the gate so it doesn't matter to me. Dizzee might be a laugh, I would have like to have seen maybe the Courteeners or Hockey play, I know they're not going to get the big names but these bands are pretty decent and could have been gotten. Just a question, where do I get my hands on a ticket and when do they go on sale?

El Siglo wrote: »
    Just for the fact that I won't be here in Dublin next year and this is probably my last year in college (and I'm only 21!) I think I might go for the craic! Sure, there's shit music on anyway and chances are I'll be buckled before I even get to the gate so it doesn't matter to me. Dizzee might be a laugh, I would have like to have seen maybe the Courteeners or Hockey play, I know they're not going to get the big names but these bands are pretty decent and could have been gotten. Just a question, where do I get my hands on a ticket and when do they go on sale?

Register on Wednesday morning, then go into the SU shop with your number and your monies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

There are far too many idiots in Trinity who'll choose to listen to this kind of crap. I'd rather spend that money on some good **** and a niteclub that plays good music. No thanks.

For once, I agree with you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Fringe wrote: »
    For once, I agree with you.

See? I'm a nice guy underneath all of the bitter personality and anger complexes.

I'm a nice guy underneath all of the bitter personality and anger complexes.

Denerick's new sig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

I still don't see why they can't just get one or two good bands instead of getting a whole load of ****e ones.

I suppose given his popularity Dizzee rascal isn't a bad catch, and for the unwashed masses i suppose he at least should be more fun to dance to than the script (yeuch). Pity what he does can barely be described as music.
    i generally despise rap, and like to think i have decent taste in music (everything from blues to metal to jazz), but i love dizzee rascal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Combination of the sig and never having been to tball. Paramore instead...really?
    Paramore would be pretty epic in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

These I'm very happy about, these I'm vaguely happy about, although I've seen most of them before. The rest are more or less white noise in my eyes. Or ears. I've seen Digitalism twice now, and they were great both times, but I amn't really bothered seeing them again. Mystery Jets would probably play for €20 if they did a solo gig, so it's basically paying €60 to see Dizzee Rascal, which I don't really want to do...

Was at Trinity Ball last year when I wasn't in Trinity, because I was playing, and I thought the atmosphere was horrible. Maybe it was because I wasn't bumping into people in my course everywhere, but I defintely felt that people didn't give a sht about the music, and just wanted to get drunk and say they went to Trinity Ball. For that reason, I can't really see myself shelling out €80 for that line-up.

That's the way it is though for a lot of people so..

I thought the line up was bad at first (when I saw dizzee and Hudson) but the dance acts are bringing it up for me..don't know if im going to fork out 80euro for them though..are japanese popstars actually playing they're not on the poster?I'd love to see them..missed them at last years ball and oxegen..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

tomissex wrote: »

Other than the years I'd then spend in prison, yes it would.

Bajingo wrote: »
    That's the way it is though for a lot of people so..

I thought the line up was bad at first (when I saw dizzee and Hudson) but the dance acts are bringing it up for me..don't know if im going to fork out 80euro for them though..are japanese popstars actually playing they're not on the poster?I'd love to see them..missed them at last years ball and oxegen..

If it's like last year, they'll be stuck in a tiny tent, starting really early, so it wouldn't be the best place to see them.

If Digitalism are playing live, it'll be a good gig, although I can't see a tent at Trinity Ball being full of people chanting FIREINCAIRO, so it might not as good as it could be.

I assume Louis La Roche and Jessie Rose'll be on before them in the dance tent, Jessie Rose'll presumably pump out the likes of Major Lazer and Bloody Beetroots, so there might be a decent atmosphere at that.

Dance wise, I think it pales in comparison to last years Vitalic, Brodinksi, Popof etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

tomissex wrote: »

I meant more, didnt you got to Paramore instead one of the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I meant more, didnt you got to Paramore instead one of the years?
    I don't think so. I wasn't really bothered in first year and I didn't get through on the credit card hotline last year. I probably would have though!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

From what I gathered last year, people don't dance in tuxes, so the pretty reasonable dance acts that turn up (this year and last) tend to fall flat.

The tribute bands are a good choice though, people want to hear stuff they know and sing along drunkenly. (Which pretty much sums up what's wrong with the Trinity ball tbh.)

For that reason, I probably won't be going, unless I wrangle a cheap ticket somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

devinejay wrote: »
    From what I gathered last year, people don't dance in tuxes,

Eh, what?

Well I was all pumped up to see Vitalic last year, only to enter a tent full of guys standing around nodding their heads in tuxes. For Christ's sake, Vitalic is a gig you want to sweat-it-out to, not mind-you-don't-scuff-your-shoes to!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Well I was all pumped up to see Vitalic last year, only to enter a tent full of guys standing around nodding their heads in tuxes. For Christ's sake, Vitalic is a gig you want to sweat-it-out to, not mind-you-don't-scuff-your-shoes to!!!!

Disgraceful!:D

Yeah, the front row was a line of girls texting to see where there friends were. That's just bizarre for Vitalic playing at 4am...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Yeah, the front row was a line of girls texting to see where there friends were. That's just bizarre for Vitalic playing at 4am...

Well let's mess it up this year..it only takes one crazy raver to get it started..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA8z7f7a2Pk

+1

Even if you can find just one other crazy raver you're in business. I remember pegging it back from Interpol to catch QOTSA at Oxegen a couple of years back and only making it into the back with loads of "spectators". Dunno how but I got talking to this Limerick nutter and we just gave it socks for the whole gig. Weekend highlight!

"Sick sick sick boyo, champyun song that, champyun!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The line up is woeful as far as im concerned, doesnt warrant 80e either, i thought with MCD running it and their big cheque book they culd get anyone they wanted.
    Since its my first and maybe only year in trinity i kinda want to go, but it would only be for the sake of being able to see what the craic with it is.
    Line up and cost is seriously throwing me and my class off, half of us reckon drunk enough and together we will make our own craic other half reckon we could find much better ways to spend our money!
    and also anyone else feel it was kinda sprung on us? No warning! Just bam! Its early oh and wel have your money now thanks!

I wonder is it too late to stage a coup to change the line up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Boyzone are rumoured to be headlining the UCD ball, count yourselves lucky......:mad:

Fad wrote: »
    Boyzone are rumoured to be headlining the UCD ball, count yourselves lucky......:mad:

Well at least they are an act i fúcking recognise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Fad wrote: »

That's going to be more enjoyable than Bitches With Wolves or Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. At least you'll know who they are and it'll be fun. For example, Sugababes at Oxegen were surprisingly good when they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Steps headlines last year, dunno what I was expecting really.

Still Steps>Boyzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Which is worse, Trinity Ball line up or Oxegen...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

The line up is woeful as far as im concerned, doesnt warrant 80e either, i thought with MCD running it and their big cheque book they culd get anyone they wanted.
    Since its my first and maybe only year in trinity i kinda want to go, but it would only be for the sake of being able to see what the craic with it is.
    Line up and cost is seriously throwing me and my class off, half of us reckon drunk enough and together we will make our own craic other half reckon we could find much better ways to spend our money!
    and also anyone else feel it was kinda sprung on us? No warning! Just bam! Its early oh and wel have your money now thanks!

I wonder is it too late to stage a coup to change the line up! :D

I'd recommend going, for the experience if nothing else. Not that it's a madly awesome experience, but if you've got the chance then you may as well use it.

• Advertisement

Baza210 wrote: »
    Which is worse, Trinity Ball line up or Oxegen...

Ohhh! I likes this game! Can i play?!

Hmmm well....lemme see.....

Oxegen lineup=total knack fest.....

the Music is rubbish for both (thanks MCD!)

so umm yeah, methinks its a tie!

Advertisement