Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Lineup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭15Pete

Looking to buy a ticket. PM if you are selling one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

for anyone that doesn't know - TRINITY BALL APPLICATIONS ARE BACK OPEN - get in now so no more complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Wow @ Mountain_Surfer's first ball line-up. Bring those guys back!

It seems like you just have to be lucky with the line-up (who's touring, who's about to hit it big etc.)

Doesn't take away from the fact that Mick has been useless. Apparently the SU had some sort of meeting where they review the past years officers' performance. The comparison between Mick's manifesto and what he actually did was comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

His manifesto was on Facebook, here it is (I took about the bits about why he's great and let what he said he was going to do:
    10 reasons to vote Mick for Ents
    3.An ENTS Spring-Break trip abroad
    Next year he will organise an affordable Spring Break sun holiday
    4.Bigger Trinity Ball
    More Tickets sold means extra money for acts like MGMT, Soulwax, Vampire Weekend and Justice. Also more of you get to go to the ball!
    6. Nite Links
    As Ents Officer Mick will set up minibuses after nights out to replace canceled night links so you can get home with some cash in their pocket
    7. Ents Online
    Ents Website so you can find info on upcoming events, buy tickets, see photos from nights out and listen to music from bands and DJs before they play.
    8. Local Talent
    Mick promises to give support slots to Trinity bands and DJs to give them a chance to play to a bigger audience
    9. Sports Club fundraisers.
    Mick understands the financial duress that trinity’s sports clubs are under and pledges to hold fund raising events for all of them next year.
    10. Class Bondage
    As Ents officer Mick will negotiate deals for nights out, trips away, and novel events such as paint-ball and mystery-tours so you have better class parties.

MGMT, Soulwax, Vampire Weekend and Justice, serious lol at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

^^^

Holy crap... the discrepancy between that manifesto and reality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 celestialteapot

According to Mick's facebook page "last 100 tickets will be on sale in the SU shop tomorrow mornig". Looks like I wont be going to sleep tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Delighted with my decision not to get a ticket. Mystery Jets (one of the only acts I wabted to see) are playing The Academy for €18.50 the next night.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jedward confirmed for the UCD ball >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Fad wrote: »
    Jedward confirmed for the UCD ball >_<

Sounds like lies to me since they're playing Castlebar at 19.30 that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

MGMT, Soulwax, Vampire Weekend and Justice, serious lol at that.

To be honest haven't heard of any of these people - and I'm pretty sure my friends haven't either.

People are going for the experience and not the music I daresay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

tomissex wrote: »

Busted_-_a_present_for_everyone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It's been confirmed by UCD ents........

Most honest and upright organisation evur......what with them selling my email to people.

Mixhell are playing the UCD ball, this (For me) > Than all of the TCD ball so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Probably possible to do both given that the UCD Ball starts at like, 2 or something and Jedward have like, one song..... :)

MGMT, Soulwax, Vampire Weekend and Justice
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    To be honest haven't heard of any of these people - and I'm pretty sure my friends haven't either.

Does the sunlight hurt your eyes when you come out of your cave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

devinejay wrote: »
    Doesn't take away from the fact that Mick has been useless. Apparently the SU had some sort of meeting where they review the past years officers' performance. The comparison between Mick's manifesto and what he actually did was comical.

Yeah, it was at SU Council last week.. Mick was *ahem* conveniently not there (at some Ents thing apparently), but Rob (Communications guy) went through Mick's manifesto after his own and completely ripped the piss. "Nightbus? HAH!" Oh, it was beautiful to behold.. :pac:

As regards the line-up, I was seriously disappointed, previous years have had better standards by far. There were a few bands I was interested in seeing, and sure I like getting new dresses, but I'll leave it for a year when I actually feel it's worthwhile!

Does the sunlight hurt your eyes when you come out of your cave?

Classical and pop would be my thing - but to each their own - your music might sound like noise to me for all I know (just as mine might sound like manufactured junk/archaic instrumentals to you). As a matter of interest - what are the bands - punk, rock, metal etc. ?

And yes, it gets pretty dark up there in the law library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

As a matter of interest - what are the bands - punk, rock, metal etc. ?
    MGMT have been called psychedelic pop, Soulwax and Justice are electro with a hint of alternative rock and Vampire Weekend are indie rock. (all taken from wiki, not my own classifications!)

MGMT are definitely worth a listen if you haven't heard them before; just adding that in there.

Classical and pop would be my thing - but to each their own - your music might sound like noise to me for all I know (just as mine might sound like manufactured junk/archaic instrumentals to you). As a matter of interest - what are the bands - punk, rock, metal etc. ?

It might interest you to know I teach classical guitar and play with the NYSOI, so classical is also my thing :p I'd say you'd definitely recognise MGMT if you heard them, the song Kids at least. Vampire Weekend did the themetune to Inbetweeners so you might recognise that, you might know D.A.N.C.E by Justice, it was everywhere a few years ago, and the video won some big award. I dunno if you'd know Soulwax, but you might have heard of 2manyDJs, 2 of the guys from Soulwax are 2manyDJs. Lesson over.

MGMT got serious radio play last year, what kind of Pop music do you listen to?? Unpopular pop?! Surely Not!

but you might have heard of 2manyDJs,

They had that huge hit a few years back,

"Hey Boy, Hey Girl, *robot voice* 2ManyDJs, Heeeere We Go!!!!!"
    :D:pac:

• Advertisement

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Heh heh. Reminds me of the time when Baza told me he thought this was the original. :)

Now I'm all sad thinking how awesome the Ball would be if the Dewaele Bros. could do it. Seriously if I was Ents officer, I would blow the whole budget on them.

Edit; Only Baza!!^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It's still better.

MGMT got serious radio play last year, what kind of Pop music do you listen to?? Unpopular pop?! Surely Not!

Was in the States last year - MGMT big over there too? Well the place I was at country westerns and hip hop would be the "big" thing I'd imagine.

And at risk of revealing my musical ignorance even further - 2 boy 2 girl thing...isn't that by chemical brothers? Or you mean they got mentioned in that song?

Edit: Yeah - of all places, I heard Kids by MGMT while backpacking through Eastern Europe (pub/club in Bratislava). Back to the law books...

Honestly don't know how big they would've been over there, so you're off the hook! ;)

Also, you got the chemical brothers thing spot on, the song was originally theirs. The Soulwax/2 Many DJs cover is just really well known amongst electro fans since they've opened most of their live sets with it for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I cannot believe that there's anyone alive who hasn't heard this song:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acceptablename

People are going for the experience and not the music I daresay.

Thats pretty shameful....where have you been? People most certainly ARE going for the music.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

. People always hark back to Jeff Buckley (who hated the gig by the by) and the Clash et al who played the ball. But they played the ball while not being massive stars at the time.

On a very pedantic note, the Clash never played the ball. The exam hall yes, but not the ball.

• Advertisement

Thats pretty shameful....where have you been? People most certainly ARE going for the music.....

And you know this how?

Of the people I know - they are going to have fun with friends, get drunk and move to any sort of pumping beat while within the hallowed walls of Trinity. Whether this is worth 78 euro or not is a different issue.

People (I know) are most certainly NOT going for the music. Are you going for the music? If so - you must be happy with the lineup then? Otherwise, why would you go to the ball? ;)

...Oh I see, you are going to UCD ball...which will feature the musical talents of Jedward :rolleyes: ... How can you even comment on people's motivations for Trinity Ball then?

Advertisement