Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya meant Saturday, so used to the Fridays. Super Cider Saturday it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

^^^ how the feck do you do small writing ???

Use these tags:

[noparse] [/noparse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

I would advise no-one to park their cars outside jackman Park as there are cars been broken into by a gang of thugs there that the guards know about but choose to do fuc all about, there were 7 cars broken ito the other night while a jumior soccor game was been played in jackman park and 1 car the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

COME ON ATHLONE TOWN !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

C'mon the blues!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Limerick leading 1-0 at h/t but Monaghan are up 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick win 3-0 but monaghan win 5-0 and they finish in 3rd and get the playoff spot. Another year in the First division for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

osarusan wrote: »
    Limerick win 3-0 but monaghan win 5-0 and they finish in 3rd and get the playoff spot. Another year in the First division for Limerick.

Not necessarily...Those points awarded to Monaghan over the harps debacle may be taken back...

Rumour has it that limerick have enough evidence to force the FAI to reinstate the original 1-1 scoreline and then Monaghan will finish on 2 less points...

In relation to our previous appeal being found against us, that was kind of mis-reported, the judge just didn't pass judgement as he felt that he couldn't and left it up to us to appeal to a higher court

If the FAI refuse to listen, the club will then apparently get an injunction and hold up the promotion/relegation playoff while UEFA sort it out, and apparently if it goes that far, UEFA will have no option but to find in our favour...

what exactly was the issue surrounding monaghan and those 2 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

In a 0-0 draw with Monaghan, Finn Harps fielded a player who was under suspension from bookings picked up in A Championship (kind of 3rd tier / reserve league) matches. Harps argued that he should have been suspended only for the same competition as the games in which he picked up the bookings (ie, suspended for A Champ. games but free to play Div. 1 games). FAI disagreed and Mons were awarded a 3-0 win. Limerick appealed that decision, but it was rejected. I think it was because Limerick were not considered 'an affected team' and therefore didn't have a right to appeal, but I might be wrong about that.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    In a 0-0 draw with Monaghan, Finn Harps fielded a player who was under suspension from bookings picked up in A Championship (kind of 3rd tier / reserve league) matches. Harps argued that he should have been suspended only for the same competition as the games in which he picked up the bookings (ie, suspended for A Champ. games but free to play Div. 1 games). FAI disagreed and Mons were awarded a 3-0 win. Limerick appealed that decision, but it was rejected. I think it was because Limerick were not considered 'an affected team' and therefore didn't have a right to appeal, but I might be wrong about that.

From what I've been told, the appeal wasn't rejected...the judge said that he didn't have the authority to make a ruling...

This is something that I've been told by someone from within the club...

The club also has evidence that proves the player was only suspended for A championship games...

If the FAI wish to screw the club, the club can bring it to UEFA who will find in the clubs favour with the evidence they have

do they plan on taking it to UEFA?

kilburn wrote: »
    do they plan on taking it to UEFA?

All I've heard, is that they are genuinely considering it...

We'll know for sure on Monday, if Limerick slap an injunction against the FAI and prevent the playoff game going ahead, it would certainly suggest them going to UEFA

But I do reckon we'll be in the premier next year...

Boh's won't be there next year(will go bust in the next few weeks) and Galway won't get premier licenses so we'll be next in line

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Bohs will be bailed out by some deep-pocketed Dublin millionaire, don't fool yourself that they will be allowed to fold. As for Galway, they probably won't get a premier licence but neither may Limerick unless they get out of Jackman and Market's Field plans look to have stalled - at least there's nothing but lip service being paid to the fans about it, just 'oh we're meeting with some people and we're doing some things'.

From talking to people at the club, the suspension rule is such that if you're sent off in a game, A Championship, u19, Senior, then the suspension will be applied to the next game you play with the level you've played the most number of times that season.

eg. Paddy McGillycuddyreeks plays 3xU19 games, 5x A Championship games and 10x Div.1 games and is sent off in the u19 game. Suspension reverts to the next Div.1 game he is due to play. But I'm sure Limerick FC have verified this and are pursuing it in a proper manner, not just grasping at straws. Let it go lads, I've followed this club in its many guises for 20years but let's beat the tar out of this division next year and go up on the pitch, not in the courtroom.

Bohs will be bailed out by some deep-pocketed Dublin millionaire, don't fool yourself that they will be allowed to fold. As for Galway, they probably won't get a premier licence but neither may Limerick unless they get out of Jackman and Market's Field plans look to have stalled - at least there's nothing but lip service being paid to the fans about it, just 'oh we're meeting with some people and we're doing some things'.

From talking to people at the club, the suspension rule is such that if you're sent off in a game, A Championship, u19, Senior, then the suspension will be applied to the next game you play with the level you've played the most number of times that season.

eg. Paddy McGillycuddyreeks plays 3xU19 games, 5x A Championship games and 10x Div.1 games and is sent off in the u19 game. Suspension reverts to the next Div.1 game he is due to play. But I'm sure Limerick FC have verified this and are pursuing it in a proper manner, not just grasping at straws. Let it go lads, I've followed this club in its many guises for 20years but let's beat the tar out of this division next year and go up on the pitch, not in the courtroom.

Club has applied for a premier licence already...stadium listed is certainly good enough for premier football, but I really can't disclose the name of the stadium for fear of getting in trouble...

Also markets field will be ready by June next year, that is phase 1 will be complete...

Also in relation to Boh's, they have debts of 4 million and have nothing to sell or mortgage to raise money(nobody is stupid enough to invest with them)...they don't own Dalymount any more, when they fold, you'll have a new club called "FC Boh's of Dublin" in all likelihood, and will lease dalymount off the developers because the developers can't do much with it in the current climate

I agree I would prefer if we went up in the pitch.

The complication with the Finn Harps Monaghan game is that the FAI sent the suspension list to Finn Harps saying the player was suspended for the next A Championship game. Limerick and harps are basically saying they should have been told by the FAI that it was the players next competitive match and there wouldn't have been a problem and the Fai don't want to take responsibility for the error and are claiming that harps should just have known he was suspended for the next first division game because the A championshiP is gone.

Harps where also fined €2,500 and the funny thing about it is harps pointed out the mistake to FAI thinking with it being an error on both behalfs nothing more would really come of it or certainly a less fine.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I agree I would prefer if we went up in the pitch.

The complication with the Finn Harps Monaghan game is that the FAI sent the suspension list to Finn Harps saying the player was suspended for the next A Championship game. Limerick and harps are basically saying they should have been told by the FAI that it was the players next competitive match and there wouldn't have been a problem and the Fai don't want to take responsibility for the error and are claiming that harps should just have known he was suspended for the next first division game because the A championshiP is gone.

Harps where also fined €2,500 and the funny thing about it is harps pointed out the mistake to FAI thinking with it being an error on both behalfs nothing more would really come of it or certainly a less fine.

You have been talking to some of the right people I see...

That piece of paper the club has that states the player was only suspended for A Championship game is enough to show that the FAI fcuked up and if it goes to UEFA its very hard to believe that they agree with the FAI's ruling

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Due to demand over the last year or so the club is setting up an Official Supporters Club in time for the 2012 season. This will be great news for a lot of people who wish to support the club and travel to away games in some bit of 'comfort'

Facebook page has just been set up and more info to follow. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Limerick-FC-Official-Supporters-Club/178325755598926

Please see the clubs academy page for details on the xmas soccer camp and a big well done to our very talented u19's who top their league by 5 pts going into xmas.

Im thinking of joining the Limerick fc Lotto, can someone tell me has it ever been won

Never been won. Jackpot now up to €10,400 though. It's only been running about 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

skyguy19 wrote: »
    Im thinking of joining the Limerick fc Lotto, can someone tell me has it ever been won

Jackpot not yet but theirs a lot of spotprize winners out there. Think the draws are held in O'Dwyers.

First new signing of the season.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/home/news/111222squad.html

New Home jersey also.

384873_161310903971113_155856881183182_183632_1787137486_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Any word on the Market's Field?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I had Shane Guthrie playing for my Limerick team on FM - great player :D

Any word on the Market's Field?

It won't be till the following season. If we where in the premier next year I think they could put a rush on for the move in there but as it stands there is no immediate rush. This could all be lip service though. I know there are going through planning process' etc… at the moment.

is it true Limerick Fc are leaving Jackman Park and are going back to Hogan park for the 2012 season

skyguy19 wrote: »
    is it true Limerick Fc are leaving Jackman Park and are going back to Hogan park for the 2012 season

I've heard it may be a possibility as they await for the first phase of Markets Field to be completed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

busyliving wrote: »
    I've heard it may be a possibility as they await for the first phase of Markets Field to be completed

Very disappointing if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VirginMary

It's not true in the slightest. Jackman will be the home next season. The ground referred to above for the Premier License is Thomond Park, but we won't get into that now. Bohs will be safe, and Bray have sorted out their finances, so it's the First Division for Limerick.

Expect a few more signings soon, including a TOP class left back. A central midfielder also is on the cards, but Shelbourne now looks his likely destination.

The league this year should be won by about 20 points in all honesty.

• Advertisement

VirginMary wrote: »
    It's not true in the slightest. Jackman will be the home next season. The ground referred to above for the Premier License is Thomond Park, but we won't get into that now. Bohs will be safe, and Bray have sorted out their finances, so it's the First Division for Limerick.

Expect a few more signings soon, including a TOP class left back. A central midfielder also is on the cards, but Shelbourne now looks his likely destination.

The league this year should be won by about 20 points in all honesty.

Hope your right about the top class left full and centre nidfielder. Need to replace judge and frost.

All signings so far are confirmed on www.extratime.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement