Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Just get a result in monaghan!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Just get a result in monaghan!!!!!

And then we need Athlone to get a result against Monaghen on the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The other chance we have is Finn Harps Beating Shels then it could go to the last day also with Shels playing Cork.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    The other chance we have is Finn Harps Beating Shels then it could go to the last day also with Shels playing Cork.

What's the latest about the number of teams in the Premier next year? Do you know if there are still plans to expand the league?

What's the latest about the number of teams in the Premier next year? Do you know if there are still plans to expand the league?

It is currently being expanded by 2 to 12 team...but there are rumours doing the rounds that it may be expanded to 16 teams

• Advertisement

Since the confirmation of the playoff scheduele a lot of the rumours about 16 teams have been quashed. Teams where notified to be ready just incase though so who knows.

Since the confirmation of the playoff scheduele a lot of the rumours about 16 teams have been quashed. Teams where notified to be ready just incase though so who knows.

Its the FAI so they could change there mind 10 times between now and the end of the current season...they are a bit of a joke...

Also there could be a situation where there won't be enough teams for two divisions...

Boh's could be gone by next season
    Salthill may not be a senor team next year
    Galway...who really knows how fcuked they really are
    Bray, rumours have it that their owners are pulling out, so again who really knows

So potentially 4 teams gone, leaving 17 teams left, I know you've Tralee and maybe Cobh coming into the league system next year. I know its very unlikely, but still possibly...

busyliving wrote: »
    And then we need Athlone to get a result against Monaghen on the last day

I'm been selfish, you lot get a result against mons and we'll take care of the sheliban on the last day !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Monaghan 0 - 1 Limerick

(Paudie Quinn)

Woke up to find this result waiting for me! We keep our hopes alive until the last day. Unfortunately Cork also got three points against Longford, so they're still 3 points ahead of us with a much superior goal difference with only 1 game left.

We still need one of Shels or Monaghan to slip up - Mons have 1 game left, away to Athlone, who are useless.

Shels have 3, away to Salthill tonight (Saturday), home to Finn Harps on Tuesday, and their last game is against Cork.

It's still unlikely for us to go up, looking at those fixtures. But we can still hope.

Next home game (last game of season): versus Waterford United, Saturday October 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Think Athlone getting something against Mons' is our only hope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Think Athlone getting something against Mons' is our only hope!

And a forlorn hope at that. Town are woefully inconsistent and have flattered to decieve for years. Maybe Monaghan will freeze on the night, and Athlone with nothing to play for except pride might get something. Straw clutching. I'd hate to see Lims miss out yet again, how many years trying to get back to the big time?

(I remember going to see Southampton and the famous Spurs friendly in the 80's when Eoin Hand was in charge- )

The best thing going for us is the amount of limerick lads playing and involved with Athlone. If they get a result they will be heroes down here if we pick up 3 points next week also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 luimneach abu

lads,is there any pictures of the limerick support up in monaghan last friday,would love to see it,couldnt make it because of work commitments.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Should be a bumper crowd next Sat. night.
    wonder if the rugby bandwagon will be on board?? they live for occasions like this. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 luimneach abu

your dead right,the last thing that limerick needs is a bunch of tossers turning up at jackman park saturday night with there big golf umbrellas and women in toe.........C,MON ATHLONE!!!!!

your dead right,the last thing that limerick needs is a bunch of tossers turning up at jackman park saturday night with there big golf umbrellas and women in toe.........C,MON ATHLONE!!!!!

And dont forget the sunglasses on the head.........:)

C'MOM the BLUES...!!!

Shels promoted tonight. Athlone taking points off Monaghan and us winning is our only chance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Hard to see the town pulling that one off. It's been a while since I was at a game. What sort of gates are they getting? Would be great to see premier division football in the city

Hard to see the town pulling that one off. It's been a while since I was at a game. What sort of gates are they getting? Would be great to see premier division football in the city

Average this season has been 500ish...

Reckon we'll get 1500 for the Waterford game Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

A lot of credit must go out to these clubs tho the way they stay going. Must be hard on gates 500. Guess its the lotto's and stuff like that. Anyways best of luck to them

• Advertisement

A lot of credit must go out to these clubs tho the way they stay going. Must be hard on gates 500. Guess its the lotto's and stuff like that. Anyways best of luck to them

Sponsorship, Match program sales all help as well....

Also having a fairly well off owner helps Limerick quite a bit, he has invested quite a lot of money I'd imagine

Nice if we could send another 1500 to Athlone to cheer them on and do us a favour V Monagan.

washman3 wrote: »
    Nice if we could send another 1500 to Athlone to cheer them on and do us a favour V Monagan.

Yeah I know, well at least we'll have a handful of former players on the Athlone side of the pitch, including fans favourite Tommy Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

whats the actual capacity of jackman park?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Yeah I know, well at least we'll have a handful of former players on the Athlone side of the pitch, including fans favourite Tommy Barrett

And I know Jason Hughes is well up for this match another Limerick man playing for Athlone

dave 27 wrote: »
    whats the actual capacity of jackman park?

2,000 is the max capacity as far as I know or pretty close to that anyway.

Jason Hughes
    Paul Danaghar
    Tommy Barrett
    Dave Ryan
    Brian Collopy
    Gary Higgins (lives in Limerick and was signed from Janesboro and formely of Weston Villa)
    Mike Kerley (manager)
    Darren Young (player/coach)
    Bobby Tier (is he still with them?)

All of them are Limerick men or ex-Limerick players barr Gary Higgins. They will be heroes in Limerick if they can take anything from the game.

We still have to do our job too of course.

I'd be expecting about 1,200 at the game Friday.

All those lads are

a win by 22 goals against waterford would also help the casue....

but unfortuantely we are going to beat shelbourne off the park

The sheer sight of Roddy Collins on the sideline should spur Athlone on.!!!

^^^ how the feck do you do small writing ???

Get rid of one of the smalls from either end should do it.

• Advertisement

2,000 is the max capacity as far as I know or pretty close to that anyway.

Jason Hughes
    Paul Danaghar
    Tommy Barrett
    Dave Ryan
    Brian Collopy
    Gary Higgins (lives in Limerick and was signed from Janesboro and formely of Weston Villa)
    Mike Kerley (manager)
    Darren Young (player/coach)
    Bobby Tier (is he still with them?)

All of them are Limerick men or ex-Limerick players barr Gary Higgins. They will be heroes in Limerick if they can take anything from the game.

We still have to do our job too of course.

I'd be expecting about 1,200 at the game Friday.

All those lads are

Game is on Saturday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement