Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nothing less than promotion will be acceptable after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

got sorted today ta!!!

Grand job, a few people rang the club asking, I presume you were one.

Scullys extension is an absolute joke, the style of football at home is the worst iv seen since a certain NOC was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Hey lads, my lift to Dublin fell through a little earlier, so i won't be at the game...

Is there any chance anyone is doing a twitter feed, or if anyone could put a few updates up on this thread maybe...

Long shot i know:(

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

busyliving wrote: »
    Hey lads, my lift to Dublin fell through a little earlier, so i won't be at the game...

Is there any chance anyone is doing a twitter feed, or if anyone could put a few updates up on this thread maybe...

Long shot i know:(

Cheers

Will be updated through the game.

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12848/1/

Shels 1 limerick 0

• Advertisement

Limerick 2 shels 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

great result! Where does that put us on the table, are we in 3rd place now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

banjobongo wrote: »
    great result! Where does that put us on the table, are we in 3rd place now?

4th in the table - level with Cork on points, but worse goal difference. They have a game in hand though.

osarusan wrote: »
    4th in the table - level with Cork on points, but worse goal difference. They have a game in hand though.

They will be playing Waterford during the week in their game in hand so hopefully Waterford can pick something up there.

If things keep going like this it could go down to the final day of the season, Limerick vs Waterford and Shels vs Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 luimneach abu

where is the cork vs waterford game on lads,if it were'nt for behan where would we be

• Advertisement

where is the cork vs waterford game on lads,if it were'nt for behan where would we be

Our season would have been long over by now without Behan...He has like 9 goals in 10 games for us

In the last two, his got us the winners late into stoppage time

The match is in Waterford.

Hynes actually got the late winner. Behan and Hynes both said it was Hynes who got it.

http://vimeo.com/29191501

Lads looking for tables just check out aertel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cathal O Grada

Great to see Scully getting 2 more years.This club is getting more stable every week.I've a feeling cork or monaghan are going to slip up somewhere.Gotta keep things tight now from here on in.What a result against Shels.Saw them at Jackman in the Summer.They have a super team but we have a great recent record at Tolka.Come on the blues.

Limerick 6 - 0 Wexford

Judge x2
    Quinn x2
    Behan x2

Easy peezy lemon squeezy :)

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Limerick 6 - 0 Wexford

Judge x2
    Quinn
    Own Goal
    Behan x2

Easy peezy lemon squeezy :)

Just corrected it there;)

One of the goals was an own goal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I see Monaghan got a 94th minute winner. That Salthill result is gonna come back to haunt Limerick the way results are going.

Anyone looking to travel to Galway next Friday PM me.

Limerick/Shels v St Pats

Quarter final v Shels on Monday next week in Dublin, 2 teams probably gonna rest a few due to it being a critical stage in the league run in.

Mervue 0 - 1 Limerick

Hynes 85

Even first half with both teams having shots on goal, all Limerick in the 2nd with a pile of chances.

• Advertisement

Looks like our season is over now, with that Cork win:(

...lets pray that the FAI decide to go ahead with a 16 team premier next year:)

busyliving wrote: »
    Looks like our season is over now, with that Cork win:(

...lets pray that the FAI decide to go ahead with a 16 team premier next year:)

There are two things we are holding out for. 1 is that Mons had two of their best players sent off tonight which could cost them points in their remaining games and secondly there is an appeal in from Limerick about the 2 extra points they where given.

Jofspring wrote: »
    There are two things we are holding out for. 1 is that Mons had two of their best players sent off tonight which could cost them points in their remaining games and secondly there is an appeal in from Limerick about the 2 extra points they where given.

That appeal will in all likelihood go nowhere mate, but the sending off could be a massive boost.

But they have, Wexford and Mervue in their next two, should get 6 points from those games...

I couldnt make the match tonight, how did we do, cant see any results yet online...hope we won!

I see now online we won: Limerick FC 3 Athlone Town. yipee, hopes still alive for promotion! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Not really.

Monaghan's last gasp winner at Mervue puts paid to any realistic hopes we may harbour of finishing in the top three.

Gutting. Mervue missed a sitter and had a corner cleared off the line in injury time too.

Season as good as over now...unless Athlone want to do us a favour

Finn Harps can bring it to the last day of the season too if we keep winning. Shels pay harps next then have to play Cork last day of the season which could turn out to be a huge game.

Clutching at straws but still in it for another week.

The 3 pts Monaghan were awarded after the Harps match is still being contested and could run beyond the end of season. However we need to beat them next week for it to mean anything.

The club is running a bus/buses up to Monaghan and are running them nice and cheap if anyone is interested in a day away. Adults e10, Kids e5.
    Here is a copy of a txt I got today.

Hi all. Limerick football club are running buses to our vital game versus monaghan next friday. You and all your friends are invited to come along and enjoy the day out. If we win it might be two days :) text back,call or mail me beacomt@limerickfc.ie with your names.more info at the gate bar 8pm this thurs. Cost €10 adult €5 child. Trev

Club no 061-324563

• Advertisement

As expected, limerick lost the appeal for the two extra points that Monaghan were awarded. If we win all our remaining fixtures we will miss out on promotion by one point most likely which will be hard to take.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement