Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Heavy Snow this evening especially in eastern/southern areas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

thanks darkman2..sorry thought you were in the north cork area but must be someone else with a similar name.

that event on tueday/wedensday is more likely to the an east event or will it effect more of the country?

Darkman1 ? lol

its a lovely spring day here in Arklow!!! doesnt feel cold at all, just been walkin on the beach, not much of a breeze even, the sea was as calm as i've seen it in a long time!!!!

looks like not much snow for this area:mad: so not fair:( but i'm enjoying the sun:p
    probably not now or this evening.
    However,preciptation has not made it this way yet,it won't if it does untill after dark.
    Also dewpoint despite it being 6c has remained below zero or at zero throughout.
    The Temp will fall away a few degree's after dark and with sub zero dp's and a land breeze bringing the showers,bob will be your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

probably not now or this evening.
    However,preciptation has not made it this way yet,it won't if it does untill after dark.
    Also dewpoint despite it being 6c has remained below zero or at zero throughout.
    The Temp will fall away a few degree's after dark and with sub zero dp's and a land breeze bringing the showers,bob will be your uncle.

hope so black briar;) you live in the same town as me but you take all the snow:p push some my way if you get some, pleeeeeeeeeeese:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Will we in the no snow zone get any snow this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Doesn't look like we're getting any more this weekend, hasnt snowed since yesterday evening but its still all white everywhere, doesnt seem to be melting at all in the shade. Guess we've had our fun for the weekend already so good luck with it down the country later:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Evelyn gave a shocking forecast 15 min ago.

Hail ,sleet and high ground snow showers passing through quickly tonight,i really don't get it. what the hell are they looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

redsunset wrote: »

Hail ,sleet and high ground snow showers passing through quickly tonight,i really don't get it. what the hell are they looking at

And so the downgrade begins.........:mad:

Can you really say you are surprised?

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The radar??
    Looks nothing special to me, favourite for snow looks like being the East midlands and East with South of a line from Limerick to Carlow missing out on most of the ppn.
    Perhaps yet another damp squib,
    Next.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The radar??
    Looks nothing special to me, favourite for snow looks like being the East midlands and East with South of a line from Limerick to Carlow missing out on most of the ppn.
    Perhaps yet another damp squib,
    Next.........

yeah i was looking at that too and seems to be the direction its heading in. is there any more precipitation after that band on the radar or is that it? that will have passed through the country by 6-8pm surely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

derekon wrote: »
    And so the downgrade begins.........:mad:

Can you really say you are surprised?

Derek

I'm not one bit surprised, didn't buy into this from the start, for us here anyway its too mild 6.1c now. Would have loved lots of snow but thankfully didn't get my hopes up too much.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ukprec.png

Make whatever you want of this. Its been fairly constantly forecast for the last 24 hours for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Lol I've gone so mad on snow watch that in the corner of my eye I just caught a glimpse of big white thing falling down past my window... quickly swinging my head around to see if it was the return of the beloved sneachta I saw the black feathered-ar*e of a bloody crow fluttering off into the distance. B*stard!!! :pac:

snow ghost wrote: »
    Lol I've gone so mad on snow watch that in the corner of my eye I just caught a glimpse of big white thing falling down past my window... quickly swinging my head around to see if it was the return of the beloved sneachta I saw the black feathered-ar*e of a bloody crow fluttering off into the distance. B*stard!!! :pac:

Ah man, I can't stop laughing ! :pac::pac:

Its all gone pair shaped on latest GFS,all pushed too far south

Its all gone pair shaped on latest GFS,all pushed too far south

yeah i'm noticing that too...seems to have a lot of precipitation off south coast which is not showing on the met eireann radar.

Latest NAE,im disgusted.others will be happy.

10022100_2012.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Looks like the Waterford is in for snow:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A showery band of hail and rain pushed through around 30mins ago. Moved to the north now and look quite impressive on their back edge; more impressive, that it, than they actually were... 3.5c.

12Z ends the cold spell as early as Tuesday with rain for all away from Mountains.
    Roll on Spring, it's too late in the year now for another freeze up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

For those who feel let down by today's event so far, we always have tuesday and wednesday
    gens-0-2-90.png?6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Hailstones here at the moment.

Dewpoints crap for southern coastline and slightly inland,oh i really do give up on this one.

IT'S A NOWCAST.

Not looking at any more models for tonights so called event,i'll simply happily watch the lampost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It's just gone very dark here again and started raining, hopfully will turn to snow like the last time.

Nacho & Naughto...be on the look out, this will probably be on its way over to you soon, hopefully it will be snow when it gets there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Looks like the Waterford is in for snow:)

Who knows we might get some, will just have to wait and see, not getting my hopes up as i said earlier ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

12Z ends the cold spell as early as Tuesday with rain for all away from Mountains.
    Roll on Spring, it's too late in the year now for another freeze up!!
    It's a close one alright we do stay cold. It does show a clear attempt by the atlantic to reinforce itself from the south but it loses out to cold air as the low system from the south tracks over the SW of England.

Going by the ukmo tonights weather wont hit the Southwest until about 6-7pm, so with a bit of luck the ppn on the radar is not the main course!
    Snow back on for Cork:D:D

Maybe im missing something but the 12Z still looks on target ?

prectypeuktopo.png

uksnowrisk.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dont rule anything out yet. theres another few hours til the heavier band arrives

dont rule anything out yet. theres another few hours til the heavier band arrives

hmm we'll wait and see but my optimism is gone at this stage!

• Advertisement

Looks like a bit of action on the radar now for some, from anyone in that area is snowing falling from that???

Web_radar.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement