Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2010 Trade Rumours/Speculation/Confirmations**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Aye I heard that too but I think the eagles will come to their senses and realise that McNabb's age doesn't matter. He's the best Qb they've ever had and they will miss him big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Aye I heard that too but I think the eagles will come to their senses and realise that McNabb's age doesn't matter. He's the best Qb they've ever had and they will miss him big time.

I'm an Eagles fan and love McNabb but if the right deal comes in for him the team should take it. We took Kolb to the QB for our future and he will be one way or another, he looked pretty special when he was starting last year so I don't think there would be a big drop off in performance. The risk factor of trading away McNabb isn't as big as it was prior to now.

Donavon is the best QB we've ever had but the NFL is an unsentimental league and with a quality QB in place to step up should a trade occur I think the front office will jump at it

Would you be happy with the 33rd overall pick? I'm just curious cause I rate McNabb highly and I think with him you can be assured of 10 wins at least.

Would you be happy with the 33rd overall pick? I'm just curious cause I rate McNabb highly and I think with him you can be assured of 10 wins at least.

If it was a second round pick I'd only take it if we could get a safety in the deal or a linebacker. If its solely a draft pick I think McNabb is worth a first rounder because as you say he is still a very good QB and can win games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

The 33rd pick is worth an absolute fortune this year as the 2nd round is on a different day so not only do you have the option of spending all night choosing a player but you can also auction the pick off to a team who has witnessed a player they love slip out of the first round. Andy Reid is obviously fully aware of this and has a great history of dealing picks during the draft so if I were an Eagle I'd be all for it.

BTW from what I gather it's the Rams that are reluctant, not the Eagles.

• Advertisement

From the rams point of view, do you risk passing up on a potential franchise Qb that will possibly lead your team for the next 15 years. I suppose getting Suh would soften the blow:P

Aparently it's the raiders and the bills who are looking for McNabb not the rams.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81726754/The-latest-on-McNabb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/11100174344
    ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Oakland is willing to part with CB Nnamdi Asomugha in exchange for Donovan McNabb - but Eagles reluctant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/asomughas-representatives-deny-that-hes-part-of-mcnabb-trade-talks/
    With the rumors and the reports whizzing around Philly and other NFL cities regarding possible destinations for Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, the tip we received last night gained some traction when ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported that the Raiders are willing to include cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha in a deal for Donovan.

So while discussing that specific wrinkle with our buddy (and WVU alum) Mike Gill of 97.3 ESPN in Atlantic City, Gill mentioned that Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports had been on the show earlier in the day, and that Robinson said Asomugha's representatives claim that the Pro Bowl corner would not be part of the deal.

But here's the thing. If he's going to be traded to Philly, Asomugha will be the last to know, finding out only after the deal is done. Any other approach easily could prompt the usually quiet Asomugha to come unglued, realizing that there's a door leading out of the Black Hole, and that it's slightly ajar. So the Raiders have no choice but to tell Asomugha and/or his people that Asomugha will not be traded, up until the moment that it's time to bid him adieu.

Otherwise, the Raiders would have the same problem that the Eagles currently have with McNabb.

If the Asomugha rumours turn out to be true and he is traded this sums up the Raiders as an Organisation. Trading off one of the best DBs in the league for McNabb would be redonculous.

That has to be pure rumour. The eagles would jump at that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

If the Asomugha rumours turn out to be true and he is traded this sums up the Raiders as an Organisation. Trading off one of the best DBs in the league for McNabb would be redonculous.

Clearly missing the point, the Raiders want to keep Asomugha, unfortunately the contract they gave him was rediculous, and they now pritty much want out. Listening to NFL network they said something along the lines of he has clauses in his contract that make it very difficult to franchise tag him. Ideal world for raiders would be to Keep Asomugha but on a different contract, and get McNabb.

• Advertisement

Clearly missing the point, the Raiders want to keep Asomugha, unfortunately the contract they gave him was rediculous, and they now pritty much want out. Listening to NFL network they said something along the lines of he has clauses in his contract that make it very difficult to franchise tag him. Ideal world for raiders would be to Keep Asomugha but on a different contract, and get McNabb.

Missing what point? The point of the article I presented? Asomugha is on on a 3 year contract which will become void in 2011 if dont Raiders pay him $16.8 million for 2011 or the franchise tag for a quarterback, whichever is higher. In other words his clauses are asking for a pay increase. But that is after 2 years on his current contract which was signed in Feb 2009. So in the 2011 season those clauses will kick in.

Now McNabb is on a 1 year deal currently with Philly so the Raiders would have to guarantee McNabb increases his current length before the trade or the Raiders will only have him for 2010.

To sum up the Raiders could be the losers either way. Trade for McNabb to move the ridiculous wage of Asomugha elsewhere and take McNabb for a considerable lower contract but only for 1 season.

I never said the Raiders don't want to keep Asomugha now did I? But trading him for a 1 year deal for an aging QB in my eyes will sum up the Raiders as an Organisation. I would prefer to keep Asoumugha for one more year and then worry about the money situation with him in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Good trade for the Browns... Hall(ie nobody), a 4th and a 5th... Will be tough to replace Sheldon. I expect the Eagles to try to trade up for Haden if he slips now..

Didn't see the sticky... move as aprop mods...

Done! Cheers, BL

The Chargers have signed Darren Sproles to a one year tender paying him 7.28 million. I have to say that I think it is crazy from the Bolts. They won't get the value out of Sproles who is not a feature back in the NFL and to pay a situational back and-not elite-returner that sort of money seems to be foolish to me.

Apart from that Willie Parker signed to the Redskins who will not have a running back stable of Clinton Portis, Larry Johnston and fast Willie. They clearly aren't afraid of having running backs over 30!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Clinton Portis only turns 29 in September & Parker only turns 30 during the season, have to say I was surprised to find out Portis was only 28, seems to be around forever

McNabb to Redskins. Took this from Schefter's Twitter.

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Donovan McNabb has been traded to the Washington Redskins. Compensation still unknown. But McNabb's a Redskin.

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Mcnabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions. 5 minutes ago via web

Adam_Schefter

The Kevin Kolb Era is now underway in Philadelphia. 16 minutes ago via web

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Glad to see Kolb getting his chance now. Quick-fix for Redskins at QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If Jeff Garcia can lead a worse offense to the playoffs i see no reason Kolb can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Seattle sends G Sims to Detroit for DE Henderson

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have traded guard Rob Sims to the Detroit Lions for defensive end Robert Henderson.

The deal was announced by the Seahawks on Monday. The teams also swapped draft picks with Seattle getting Detroit's fifth-round pick in this month's draft, and the Lions getting the first of Seattle's two seventh-round picks.

Sims was Seattle's fourth-round pick in the 2006 draft and started 34 of 45 games played in his four seasons with the Seahawks. Sims started all 14 games he played in last season at left guard.

Henderson was a sixth-round pick of the New York Giants in 2008 and signed with Detroit as a free agent. He spent the season on the Lions practice squad.

LINK

Some are saying the deal was actually Sims for the 5th rounder and Henderson for the 7th rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Neil3030 wrote: »
    LINK

Some are saying the deal was actually Sims for the 5th rounder and Henderson for the 7th rounder.

Good deal for the Lions, Sims should help there line immediately and getting any kind of help for Stafford for so cheap is great with massive defensive needs that can be addressed early on in the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Moot point now obv. but the Raiders wouldn't have traded Nnamdi for McNabb as a straight swap. I'd say the deal would have been McNabb and pick #24 for Nnamdi.

• Advertisement

Moot point now obv. but the Raiders wouldn't have traded Nnamdi for McNabb as a straight swap. I'd say the deal would have been McNabb and pick #24 for Nnamdi.

The Eagles wouldnt have traded their starting QB and a first for a corner, no matter how good Asomugha is. If their first rounder was involved in it the only way it would make sense from the Eagles would be to trade first and McNabb for Asomugha and the Raiders second and fourth rounders or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

frostie500 wrote: »
    The Eagles wouldnt have traded their starting QB and a first for a corner, no matter how good Asomugha is. If their first rounder was involved in it the only way it would make sense from the Eagles would be to trade first and McNabb for Asomugha and the Raiders second and fourth rounders or something like that

A 4th round pick would have been okay but if we added a second rounder it would have been a horrible trade for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

A 4th round pick would have been okay but if we added a second rounder it would have been a horrible trade for us.

It is Al Davis though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Brandon Marshall has signed his tender from the Broncos, so the way is now open for a trade

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Brandon Marshall traded to the Dolphins for a 2nd this year & an undisclosed pick next year rumoured to be a 2nd (I'd expect that to be conditional)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

reports on nfl.com that the steelers have been looking to trade big ben. big mistake if you ask me. as much of a fool as he has been off the field he is the franchise QB. i could see the raiders or chiefs going for him if he hits the trade market

I read on nfl.com that this is only scare tactics to make Big Ben change his ways. It's the Rooney's pretty much giving him his last warning.

From my understanding the only way they will trade him is if the deal lets them land the overall first pick because apparently Rooney loves bradford and see's him as a "sure thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

evil_seed wrote: »
    reports on nfl.com that the steelers have been looking to trade big ben. big mistake if you ask me. as much of a fool as he has been off the field he is the franchise QB. i could see the raiders or chiefs going for him if he hits the trade market

Raiders maybe but the Chiefs? They just gave Matt Cassle a huge contract, I think there going to give him more than 1 year as their QB.

The Rams would probably be interested, Big Ben is the type of player would could really help a weaker team as they start to rebuild their O-Line because he is so tough to sack. Will make up slightly for a less than perfect O-Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

49ers pick up Ted Ginn Jr. from the Dolphins for a 5th rounder. He needed a change of scenery and should improve the niners return game and maybe compete for the second WR slot opposite Crabtree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I can never think of Ted Ginn Jr. and not think of this compilation.

He's a fantastic athlete, but he has absolutely terrible hands.

Advertisement