Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2010 Trade Rumours/Speculation/Confirmations**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

He did cheat, just be happy that he got away with it and stop bringing it up. Nobody but you seems to mention it on here.

:rolleyes: Good to see your reading comprehension is up to scratch.
    Oh and roll on the clowns who are about

As for mentioning it previously if that is what you actually meant I think you will find you are still wrong I am pretty sure myself and eagle eye and hazy fought with other fans about it consistently for the last few years more them bringing up than us.

So next time you want to make me look stupid try a little harder please.

Leslie91 wrote: »

As for coming out and saying it about him publicly, respect my arse. Possible litigation from the snake is what prevents.

A fair few coaches came out in light of spygate and bad mouth BB and they didn't get sued now did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

kmart6 wrote: »
    Without BB a lot of teams wouldn't be where they are now after all the assistants turned head coaches he's churned out!

Who do u mean perchance?. Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Erc Mangini. Gimme a break.

Even though I have little or no time for him, Marty Schittenheimer has been great at bringing coaches on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

A fair few coaches came out in light of spygate and bad mouth BB and they didn't get sued now did they?

No.

Why?, because they spoke the freakin truth, the lad would not have had a leg to stand on when it comes to the spygate stuff.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    No.

Why?, because they spoke the freakin truth, the lad would not have had a leg to stand on when it comes to the spygate stuff.

I said "In light" of the spygate stuff. A fair few coaches have been quoted implying BB cheated for all his seasons with the Pats not just the Spygate. But obviously it was a lot easier for them to make the accusations after the spy gate.

But this for Arm Candy Baby while I'm here. If you search for my posts on here I always said that yes BB did cheat during the Spygate how could anyone deny it. But to say without proof he did for all 3 Superbowl wins is just ridiculous. But that is another threads story unless you want to debate it with me again outside of the spygate issue just push that PM button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

But this for Arm Candy Baby while I'm here. If you search for my posts on here I always said that yes BB did cheat during the Spygate how could anyone deny it. But to say without proof he did for all 3 Superbowl wins is just ridiculous. But that is another threads story unless you want to debate it with me again outside of the spygate issue just push that PM button.

That's all well and good and tbh I'd have a similar opinon but my point was firstly, if you're defending the value that BB gives the league, you can't just dismiss out of hand the cheating he did in the past and call anyone who would use it as a strike against him a clown. It's one of the most important things to consider. It's not the "Is it cheating/how serious was it" discussion again, rather his overall contribution to the league that Leslie1 was questioning. And secondly, it just seems like any time the topic of BB and cheating comes up you are the one who's the instigator or at least in the middle of the discussion.

Anyway personally, as much as I dislike him, drafting, free agency, coaching and strategy are all top notch... :o Keep him around I say. It's good for rivalries and pats are a fascinating team as a result.

That's all well and good and tbh I'd have a similar opinon but my point was firstly, if you're defending the value that BB gives the league, you can't just dismiss out of hand the cheating he did in the past and call anyone who would use it as a strike against him a clown. It's one of the most important things to consider. It's not the "Is it cheating/how serious was it" discussion again, rather his overall contribution to the league that Leslie1 was questioning. And secondly, it just seems like any time the topic of BB and cheating comes up you are the one who's the instigator or at least in the middle of the discussion.

Anyway personally, as much as I dislike him, drafting, free agency, coaching and strategy are all top notch... :o Keep him around I say. It's good for rivalries and pats are a fascinating team as a result.

Firstly I have never started arguments about the cheating and secondly I am Pats fan. Of course im going to bloody defend them in some degree why wouldn't I be in the middle of the conversation. So your argument on that point is ridiculous.

The reason I say people are clowns because I am a firm believer that he is not the only Coach using methods that are outside the NFL boundaries. He was just unlucky to be caught. He wasn't the first to be questioned about his handling of situations and he wont be the last. One would be naive to think he is the ONLY ONE in the league cheating in some way or other. The Raiders under John Madden were well know for bending the rules and no one ever made a big deal about their shenanigans. Anyways Im done on this as i have said all of this before and I was told that I was wrong and BB is the only cheat in the NFL blah blah blah :rolleyes:

And one last point you touched on. His contribution to the league? Where did leslie mention this in any of his arguments? If he had of I would have responded to it. Besides What has that got to do with anything anyway? What do you measure as contributing to the League? Wins? Losses? Players he groomed? Tell on what level of contribution you want to discuss.

tbh I've really no interest in discussing the merits of BB any more than has already been done...
    The reason I say people are clowns because I am a firm believer that he is not the only Coach using methods that are outside the NFL boundaries. He was just unlucky to be caught. He wasn't the first to be questioned about his handling of situations and he wont be the last. One would be naive to think he is the ONLY ONE in the league cheating in some way or other. The Raiders under John Madden were well know for bending the rules and no one ever made a big deal about their shenanigans. Anyways Im done on this as i have said all of this before and I was told that I was wrong and BB is the only cheat in the NFL blah blah blah :rolleyes:

If you'd just included some of this to explain your point in the original reply to Leslie1 and left out the obnoxious tone then it would've been all good to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Can this be unstickied? I keep missing it at the very top of the forum, and I reckon there'll be enough traffic to ensure it stays near the top anyway.

tbh I've really no interest in discussing the merits of BB any more than has already been done...

If you'd just included some of this to explain your point in the original reply to Leslie1 and left out the obnoxious tone then it would've been all good to me.

Obnoxious tone? :rolleyes: If you find my tone very annoying you might want to hit the ignore button if there is one. I wrote those posts the way i write every post. Some like my posts some dont but fooked if I give a damn to be honest. What i do find amusing though is that you nit pick my posts and then back out of the discussion. Why bother in the first place.

rather his overall contribution to the league that Leslie1 was questioning

And besides you brought up something Leslie didnt even mention and seemed to base that around your nitpicking of my posts but yet when I question you about it you say you have no interest or ignore the fact i put it back to you. If you are not willing to discuss why bring it up in the first place.

• Advertisement

I've had the discussion I wanted to have, there's nothing more to say as far as I'm concerned. Arguing the finer point of BB holds no interest with me personally, especially since the Pats already get their fair share of air time around here.

My problem was with the way you made your post defending BB. Praising him as being one of the best and most respected coaches but then going on to dismiss out of hand his most glaring flaw as if it's irrelevent and saying anyone who brings it up is a clown seemed like ridiculously biased and boorish way of making your point. We've been through all that now so this is where it finishes with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Why is there practicly a bag between two of ye talking about BB?! If ye both feel so strongly about it would you not start a new thread or take it to PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,201 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Why is there practicly a bag between two of ye talking about BB?! If ye both feel so strongly about it would you not start a new thread or take it to PM?

Spot on. Plenty of Bellicheck threads about. No need to ruin this one too

Bag wtf are you talking about. If you read my posts I actually mentioned other threads and offered if he wanted to discuss it PM me. He persistently brought up a point leslie didn't and twice I asked him about it. But I am sorry Mr. thread police I will keep my thoughts to myself on the issue in future just for you.

And you ain't a mod so report my posts if you don't like them.
    But that is another threads story unless you want to debate it with me again outside of the spygate issue just push that PM button.

It was after this he took it down the road of saying Leslie said something else when he didn't by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jets Trade Kerry Rhodes To Cardinals

Hey look, there's a player going TO Arizona!

Cardinals get Kerry Rhodes, a free safety who has not missed a game in his five-year career (though he did come off the bench in two games at the end of last season).

Jets get Arizona's fourth-round pick this year (that's Arizona's fourth-round pick, not the fourth-rounder the Cardinals got from the Ravens in the Anquan Boldin deal) and a seventh-rounder in 2011.

If Rhodes offers any kind of production in the desert, even for one season, this seems like a bargain.

Def needed after losing Rolle!

Bag wtf are you talking about.

Meant to say page!
    But I am sorry Mr. thread police I will keep my thoughts to myself on the issue in future just for you.

:rolleyes:
    And you ain't a mod so report my posts if you don't like them.

Oh yeah I forgot I clearly stated I was a mod there....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

According to Cincinnati.com Terell Owens mat be going to the Bengals:eek:
    The chances of Terrell Owens coming to the Bengals increase as the free-agent market for wide receivers shrinks, especially after what Owens' agent said on Friday night.
    Drew Rosenhaus told Sirius NFL Radio that the Bengals have spoken with him and Owens, but what happens next depends on the Bengals.

”Where we go from here I’m not sure but I think it’s at least a positive dialogue,” Rosenhaus said. “And we represent another great receiver on Cincinnati in Chad Ochocinco who would love to have No. 81 as his teammate. And we’ll just see how that plays out. But certainly that’s something that is a possibility. I guess that’s about the most I can say right now.”
    Daugherty: One big question about Owens
    Besides Owens, the only other receivers left on the market of note are Chris Chambers and Antonio Bryant. The Bengals have inquired about Bryant, but the favorite to land him remains Miami. Chanbers is a solid receiver, but he doesn’t have the deep threat capabilities of Owens.
    Three receivers came off the market Friday, with Baltimore acquiring Anquan Boldin in a trade from Arizona, Nate Burleson off to Detroit and Kevin Walter re-signing with Houston.

Yeah saw an article about that tomorroe, but what i was reading was just speculation from a Bengals writer!

Ony thing I can see against it is age, not ideal having T.O. and Ochocinco as your main guys when both are 32 and 36 respectively!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

And they might just be at each others throats constantly. Ocho is enough ego for 2 teams and so is T.O. I can't see it working at all. They'd be wiser investing a draft pick at receiver than doing that, but I guess they have bigger problems elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

And they might just be at each others throats constantly. Ocho is enough ego for 2 teams and so is T.O. I can't see it working at all. They'd be wiser investing a draft pick at receiver than doing that, but I guess they have bigger problems elsewhere.

This is the Bengals we are talking about, when did common sense come into the equation!:p

The two of them are good friends though, and both have said they be happy to play together!

Chad's quietened down a bit recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guys, if you want to discuss Bill Belichick, the spying scandal, dancing on thunderbolts, East V West coast rivalries etc. etc., find the relevant threads or start new ones.

This is a thread for 2010 off-season trade chit chat.

As for the back-seat modding issue, I think kmart6 is putting a fair bit of effort into this thread and has legitimate cause for discontent that a completely unrelated row broke out. However, I would ask people to report any future incidents and we will deal with them.

Bans will be handed out if this thread is taken off topic again.

Bodden will meet with Texans
    The second-best cornerback on the free agent market is ready to take a visit.

After some back-and-forth on the issue, Leigh Bodden's first free agent visit will be with the Texans, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. It looked previously that Bodden's price tag may be too high for the Texans' taste.

Perhaps Bodden's financial demands are going down. After speaking with Bodden's agent Alvin Keels, the Texans decided to bring him in. The Patriots are pushing to bring Bodden back, while the Steelers and Seahawks have reportedly shown some interest.

ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss writes Bodden could command money in the $4-$5 million per season range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Chad's quietened down a bit recently!

Child Please!

:p

Ah he has though, this year wass quiet fine wise compared to previous ones,haha!

He kept saying he was going to do stuff but never followed through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvLR6RwHFj8spHtXJ3Npd205nYcB?slug=ap-jaguars-kampman&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jaguars sign Aaron Kampman :) thank god we got some help on the D-Line :D
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—The Jacksonville Jaguars used veterans, rookies, former first-round draft picks and a few undrafted guys in hopes of generating consistent pass rush last season. Even with different schemes, various blitzes and some new faces, nothing really worked.

The Jaguars finished with a franchise-low 14 sacks in 2009, the fifth-lowest total in NFL history.

Owner Wayne Weaver, general manager Gene Smith and coach Jack Del Rio all vowed to revamp the defensive line, knowing the team stood little chance of making the playoffs without more quarterback pressure.

They may have found a solution with two-time Pro Bowler Aaron Kampman(notes). The 30-year-old defensive end signed with the Jaguars on Sunday, giving the small-market franchise a big-time boost to their pass-rush woes.

Jacksonville, which also elevated its special teams with the signing of Kassim Osgood(notes) this weekend, targeted Kampman before free agency began Friday. The Jaguars hoped to land Kampman or former Tennessee defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch(notes), who signed a four-year contract worth $26 million with Detroit.

Kampman’s deal could be similar. Although he is coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, Kampman is a year younger than Vanden Bosch, and despite playing in just nine games in 2009, finished with half a sack more than his counterpart.

The signing of Kampman also sent a strong message to former first-round draft pick Derrick Harvey(notes) and second-rounder Quentin Groves(notes), who both struggled in their two seasons.

Kampman, who has 54 sacks, emerged as one of the NFL’s elite pass rushers in recent years, recording a total of 37 sacks from 2006-08, but struggled in 2009.

Under new defensive coordinator Dom Capers last season, Kampman was asked to switch from a 4-3 defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker—a significant change that would require him to learn the nuances of rushing the quarterback from a standup position instead of as a down lineman, and occasionally drop into pass coverage.

While Kampman never publicly complained about changing positions and coaches said his work ethic never wavered, it was clear that he wasn’t particularly enthusiastic about making the switch.

Kampman gradually became more comfortable with his new position but wasn’t nearly as productive as a pass rusher, tallying only 3.5 sacks before his injury.

Kampman sat out Green Bay’s Nov. 15 win over Dallas because of a concussion — the first game he missed because of an injury since 2003. He returned to face San Francisco the following week, but sustained a season-ending knee injury.

Packers coaches said they hoped to re-sign Kampman in the offseason, and expressed optimism that he would continue to progress as an outside linebacker. But Kampman was widely expected to field free agent offers from 4-3 teams.

“Obviously I’ve gotten used to this 3-4,” Kampman said in January. “I didn’t get a chance to get a full year to critique and say, ‘Hey, this is great.’ But I was starting to get more comfortable with it. Having said that, I have a lot of experience in the 4-3. I think that I can do both.”

Kampman had surgery Dec. 4, and said in January he was “very encouraged” by his progress in rehabilitation and expects to be ready to hit the field in training camp.

“Things have gone very, very well,” Kampman said. “I’m very thankful.”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

SeneCat traded to Browns for undisclosed 2011 draft pick:
    Seahawks Trade Seneca Wallace to Cleveland

QB Seneca Wallace has been traded to the Cleveland Browns for undisclosed 2011 draft picks.

Renton, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have traded quarterback Seneca Wallace to the Cleveland Browns for a 2011 undisclosed draft choice, the team announced this evening.

"This will give Seneca a chance for a fresh start," said General Manager John Schneider. "The Browns front office's familiarity with his abilities will give him an opportunity to compete for playing time. We wish him nothing but the best."

Wallace was drafted by Seattle in the fourth round (110th overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft. He played in 46 career games with 14 starts, throwing for 3,530 yards on 332 for 555 passing, with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions for an 83.2 passer rating. He also caught four passes for 76 yards and rushed 54 times for 214 yards.

here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Neil3030 wrote: »
    SeneCat traded to Browns for undisclosed 2011 draft pick]

And within hours Derek Anderson has been released. Someone will pick Anderson up, his 2007 Pro Bowl season is too good for a team to turn down. If I was the Cardinals I'd take him off waivers and get him learning their system. If Matt Leinhert fails they would have a pretty good option and with the WRs he'd have there he could be very effective

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    And within hours Derek Anderson has been released. Someone will pick Anderson up, his 2007 Pro Bowl season is too good for a team to turn down. If I was the Cardinals I'd take him off waivers and get him learning their system. If Matt Leinhert fails they would have a pretty good option and with the WRs he'd have there he could be very effective

Leinart hasn't been guaranteed the starting spot and was told to earn it. Anderson would be a good fit in Arizona and would definitely raise the bar.

Advertisement