Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**2010 Trade Rumours/Speculation/Confirmations**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Chargers must be getting more for Cromartie surely?
    Where will Thomas Jones land?
    Who is going to pick up DelHomme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Tristram wrote: »
    Chargers must be getting more for Cromartie surely?

It's a 3rd rounder for next year minimum, with escalators depending on performance it can rise to more. But why should they have gotten more? Cormartie has been very poor the last two years and with his tweeting and speaking out about the organisation its not surprising that the Chargers viewed him as dispensable-when you are playing well teams will accept nearly anything but Cromartie hasn't been an elite corner for two years with only 5 ints and lots of sloppy mistakes. Production determines value when a player reaches a certain point and he is at that point. The Jets have taken him because they saw the peaks of his ability three years ago and think they can get him back to that level.

I said earlier that I thought the Jets would be a great fit because Rex Ryan will get Cromartie back to playing to his potential and the Jets will then have him and Revis shutting down the outside. There's two ways of getting pressure on the QB-pass rush and great coverage. The Jets have great coverage now so their defence is well set against the pass and they can look to pick up a DE at some point in the draft/free agency and then concentrate on offence for the remainder of their efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Revis and Cromartie...nice!

Brock finished with Colts?
    Raheem Brock says Super Bowl XLIV was his last game with the Indianapolis Colts -- or at least, someone with access to Brock's Twitter account says that.

"The superbowl was the last time ull see me in a colts uniform!" Brock tweeted, according to the Indianapolis Star. "Its been real indy."

It should be noted, however, that last month Brock blamed an insensitive tweet about Hurricane Katrina on a Twitter hacker, so anything we see on his Twitter account needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Brock has one more year, with a salary of $3.79 million, on his contract with the Colts. His agent, Kevin Pompey, told the Indianapolis Star that he hadn't spoken with Brock but knew Brock was meeting with Colts President Bill Polian.

The 31-year-old Brock played in all 16 games for the Colts last year, starting eight, and recording 3.5 sacks.

Bears bag Brandon Manumaleuna
    Even before he became a free agent, the Chicago Bears never tried to hide their interest in tight end Brandon Manumaleuna. So it's no surprise that just hours after he became a free agent, Manumaleuna agreed to a deal with the Bears.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Manumaleuna will sign a five-year contract with the Bears today, pending a physical.

Manumaleuna arrived at O'Hare airport Friday morning and confirmed that he has joined the Bears and is excited about playing for coaches he already knows from his days with the St. Louis Rams.

"I played for Mike Martz and Lovie Smith was the defensive coordinator. It was a great situation," Manumaleuna said. "This team has a chance to be real successful."

Although the signing will raise more questions about tight end Greg Olsen's role in Martz's offense, the Tribune reports that the more immediate question is about tight end Desmond Clark, who has a $475,000 roster bonus due today.

• Advertisement

Osgood could be a Jaguar
    Chargers special-teams ace and frustrated receiver Kassim Osgood said Thursday via Twitter that he'd prefer a three-percent chance of playing wideout in Siberia to his zero-percent chance of taking offensive snaps in San Diego.

More recently, he has said he is flying east for a meeting with a possible new team that would give him a "legit shot" at playing receiver.

We've now learned he's not flying all the way to Siberia.

Per a league source, Osgood is meeting with the Jaguars, a team that's always on the lockout for a few good men with a couple of good hands -- and one or two who couldn't catch chlamydia in a cathouse.

And though Siberia isn't Jacksonville, from Osgood's perspective it might as well be. The Salinas, California native played college football at San Diego State and has been with the Chargers for his entire career, since 2003.

Redskins, Lorenzo Alexander reach three-year deal
    Just hours after the Washington Redskins applied a right-of-first-refusal tender to linebacker Lorenzo Alexander, the team and the player agreed to a new contract.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com that Alexander has agreed to a three-year contract. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

Alexander played in all 16 games for the Redskins in 2009 and recorded two sacks. He initially played on the offensive line with the Redskins in 2007 and has played on the defensive line for the last two years but is expected to move to outside linebacker as the Redskins switch to a 3-4 defense in 2010.

Vanden Bosch expected to sign with Lions
    Jim Schwartz should be seeing plenty more of Kyle Vanden Bosch after leaving his house this morning.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! says the Lions are expected to sign the defensive end as early as Friday.

The Jaguars, Bears and Eagles also showed interest after midnight, according to the Nashville Tennessean. Even though those teams have a better chance to win games, it looks like Schwartz's personal touch (and the Ford family's money) will win the day.

Bucs show interest in Willie Parker
    Just as news was starting to slow to a trickle on this first night of free agency, word comes from our friends at Pewter Report that the Bucs have shown interest in the formerly Fast Willie Parker.

We can't think of many free agents Tampa Bay could use less than Parker. Sure, the Bucs could use a young running back. Parker is no longer young, though.

Tampa already has two solid veterans in Derrick Ward and Cadillac Williams that are set to make good money. Parker is a downgrade from those two and doesn't help at all on passing downs.

There is one positive to the story, though. It lets me show Florio I'm still awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Peppers, Bears finalize deal
    Julius Peppers and the Chicago Bears agreed on a six-year deal to bring the top free agent to Chicago.

The contract is worth $91.5 million with $42 million guaranteed. Peppers will make $40.5 million over the first three years. The number could increase if he makes the Pro Bowl, records a certain number of sacks or is defensive player of the year.

"It's one thing to play football in this league and make a living, but it's a totally different thing to come to a place with a rich tradition like the Bears," Peppers said.

Peppers and his representatives believe his contract compares favorably with the seven-year, $100 million contract Albert Haynesworth received last year from the Washington Redskins.

Peppers received $18.2 million from the Carolina Panthers last season. He turned down a four-year, $54 million contract offer from the Panthers last year.

Peppers has the potential to make close to $110 million in the seven-year period between 2009 and 2016.

"The guy's a monster, he's an animal," Bears defensive end Alex Brown said Thursday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's the biggest guy and fastest guy I think I've ever seen.

"He's as gifted as [linebacker Brian] Urlacher, I think. He's just about 30 pounds heavier. He's unbelievable."

The 6-foot-7 Peppers brings uncanny athletic ability but questionable consistency, along with the 81 sacks he collected in eight seasons with Carolina -- 10½ last year. In Chicago, he'll get to play alongside Lance Briggs, Urlacher and Tommie Harris and give a much-needed boost to a defense that ranked 17th overall and tied for 13th in sacks with 35. And maybe, he'll shoot down a reputation for taking plays off, one that he feels is unwarranted.

"Sometimes, you're on the field, you get tired," he said. "If I'm not playing as hard on play 66 as I was on play No. 1, then ... come on."

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Advertisement

Rolle gets five years, $37 million from Giants
    Safety Antrel Rolle has a new home.

Barely a day after being cut by the Cardinals, Rolle has agreed to terms with the Giants.

Per a league source, it's a five-year deal worth $37 million, an NFL record for a safety. Rolle gets $15 million guaranteed and $22.5 million over the first three years.

He reportedly wanted $8 million per year, but the top of the market had been only $7 million. Rolle now pushes the high-water market even higher, thanks to the final year of a rookie deal that forced the Cardinals to pay him $12 million or set him free.

The Bears and Dolphins were in on the deal early, but both dropped out after plunking down big money on other big-name defensive free agents.

Dansby will be a Dolphin
    The Dolphins shed salary Friday for a reason. They were ready to spend.

Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald reports that Karlos Dansby has agreed to terms with the Dolphins, and will finalize a deal Saturday. He's expected to get $43 million over five seasons. $22 million is guaranteed and he'll make $27 million in his first three years.

The guaranteed money is a little less than Dansby hoped for, but it's still a massive contract and makes him one of the highest paid linebackers in football. He's the highest paid linebacker that isn't a true pass-rusher.

(That's like being "#1 family action movie in the country" when you are really the number three movie overall.)

We're not sure there ever was a strong second competitor for Dansby and he was clearly Miami's top priority.

The Giants were believed to have mild interest, and will surely turn up the heat in their efforts to sign Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle. The Dolphins are also interested in Rolle.

Boldin dealt to Ravens
    Six years and one day after the Ravens believed they acquired Terrell Owens via trade, Baltimore has finally found a number one receiver. (At least they hope he's a number one.)

Baltimore acquired Anquan Boldin and a fifth-round pick in 2010 in exchange for 2010 third- and fourth-round picks.

The trade compensation is more than reasonable, but a contract came with it. Boldin signed a three-year, $25 million extension on his current deal, including $10 million in guaranteed new money. He's due $28 million over the next four years.

Boldin is a superlative locker room leader, but there was some concern in Arizona that his body has taken a pounding over the years and that he would remain injury-prone.

Derrick Mason's future with the Ravens now looks more up in the air.

Between these three moves and Warner retiring the Cards are going to be in a bad way IMO!

Patriots make Vince Wilfork NFL's highest-paid nose tackle
    Vince Wilfork announced on Twitter this evening that he'll be staying in New England for years to come.

"Thanks to everyone who supported us during our time here in New England it has ment a great deal to us," Wilfork tweeted. "With that being said we are pleased to say we will be here for MANY more years to come."

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that Wilfork and the Patriots have agreed to a five-year, $40 million deal that includes an $18 million signing bonus and $25 million guaranteed.

Mike Reiss of ESPN reports that Wilfork will be the highest-paid nose tackle in the NFL.

Colts cut Jim Sorgi
    The man best known for holding a clipboard on the sideline and chatting with Peyton Manning on the bench will be holding a clipboard on the sideline and chatting with some other quarterback on the bench in 2010, because the Indianapolis Colts have cut Jim Sorgi.

"The Colts informed us today that they will be releasing Jim Sorgi at 4 p.m.," Sorgi's agent, Matt Brei, told the Indianapolis Star. "They gave us no reason at this point."

Sorgi was owed a $275,000 roster bonus on the fifth day of the league year and was due to earn $1.08 million in 2010.

Sorgi was placed on injured reserve in December with a shoulder injury. The Colts now have two quarterbacks behind Manning on the depth chart, Curtis Painter and Drew Willy.

LenDale tired of being a backup
    Chris Johnson is the best running back in the NFL, which means any other running back on the Tennessee Titans will be a backup. LenDale White understands that, but that doesn't mean he has to like it.

In fact, White dislikes it so much that he wants the Titans to trade him.

"I backed up greatness, a guy who ran for 2,000 yards," White told the Tennessean Friday. "But now that that's over I feel like . . . it is time for me to start somewhere. And that is what I want to do. I want to be a starter in the NFL, not a backup."

White knows he's not going to be a starter as long as Johnson is his teammate, and that's why he wants out.

"I would definitely be interested in a trade," White said. "I don't know where, or how [the Titans] might view that, but that is what I am hoping for. I can't see me sitting in Tennessee as a backup any more. And that goes as no disrespect to the Titans or C.J., but I feel like it is time for me to get out of there. . . . Sometimes it is just best to part ways."

Realistically, if White only wants to be traded to a team that's going to guarantee him a starting job, the Titans aren't going to have many takers. White had 64 carries for 222 yards in 2009, and guys who can't manage 3.5 yards a carry can't exactly demand to be starters.

And Titans coach Jeff Fisher hinted that White's real problem is that he doesn't work hard enough, saying, "I don't blame any player for wanting to play and wanting more play-time. But in his case actions speak louder than words. And I have no further comment."

Finally, Browns and Cribbs strike a new deal
    After weeks and months of stress and strain and accusations and frustrations, Browns receiver, running back, quarterback, kickoff returner, punt returner, and all-around warrior Josh Cribbs is finally a man.

A man who has been paid.

A league source tells us that the three remaining years on Cribbs' contract have been replaced with a new deal that includes $7 million in guaranteed money. (Some of that money isn't guaranteed in the traditional sense, but as a practical matter it will be earned.)

The full value, we're told, of the three years exceeds $18 million, if Cribbs continues to play like he has. And that's more than Bears overrated returner/underperforming receiver Devin Hester will make over the next three seasons.

The negotiation was a challenge, we're told, because of the 30-percent rule. Still, both sides worked through the issues and worked out a new deal.

The problem arose because Cribbs signed a long-term deal too early in his career, before he became a star player. Once he did, he hired a new agent and tried in earnest to get a new contract.

So rejoice, Cleveland. The best player on your team will be present and happy for the next three years.

Rams finalize deal for A.J. Feeley
    Marc Bulger visited the Rams facility Thursday. After Friday's two-year deal with A.J. Feeley, first reported by Aaron Wilson, it's fair to wonder if Bulger will ever be back again.

The deal is for $6 million according to Adam Schefter. It's a solid contract for a guy that has started two games since 2004. It's a contract that indicates Feeley is a solid backup, with a chance to possibly get playing time.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur coached Feeley in Philadelphia. A lot of Eagles quarterbacks have been tied to the Rams, but it's an ex-Eagle that has landed in St. Louis first.

Feeley gives the Rams options. They can still add another veteran and they are almost certain to add a rookie quarterback somewhere in the draft. It's hard to imagine Bulger fitting into the group.

Talks between Saints, Darren Sharper described as "positive"
    Free agent safety Darren Sharper was preparing to say farewell to the Saints last month. But that doesn't mean he's definitely gone.

Mike Triplett of the Times-Picayune reports that the Saints are "still very much in contention" to sign Sharper, and that sources have described their contract talks as "positive."

At least one other team has invited Sharper for a visit, but so far he hasn't scheduled it. Sharper was drawing interest from the Giants, but only as a backup plan before they signed Antrel Rolle. Sharper is also being discussed as an option for the Dolphins.

As a good player coming off a very good 2009 season, Sharper will surely have options. But at 34 years old, those options may not be quite as lucrative as he'd hoped.

Tully Banta Cain returns to New England
    Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston first reported that New England reached a contract extension that will keep Banta-Cain in New England for the next three seasons.

The situational pass rusher had only half a sack less than Peppers last season.

Somehow, we doubt his contract totals are nearly as comparable.

UPDATE: Banta-Cain did pretty well. He will average $4.5 million-per-season. The deal could reach $6 million per season if he hits certain escalators. He got $6 million to sign.

• Advertisement

Gary Brackett reaches five-year deal with Colts
    The Indianapolis Colts will not be losing their defensive captain. And they also won't be signing any unrestricted free agents.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that the Colts and linebacker Gary Brackett have reached an agreement on a five-year deal. Brackett is a team captain and a good fit for the Colts on the field and in the locker room, and the Colts made clear that they wanted to keep him. That they've reached a deal is, for the Colts, good news.

But the bad news is that if the Colts had their eyes on any unrestricted free agents, they won't be able to sign them. As one of the final four teams (along with the Saints, Vikings and Jets), the Colts can only sign an unrestricted free agent after they lose one. And Brackett was the only unrestricted free agent they had a chance of losing; their other unrestricted free agent, kicker Matt Stover, is expected to retire.

The Colts, however, have long believed in building through the draft and keeping their home-grown players, rather than building through free agency. So their inability to sign a free agent isn't a big problem, and their ability to keep their defensive captain is a big relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I dont like this thread. It's like an announcement. 8 posts at once and new room for discussion on any trade.

I dont like this thread. It's like an announcement. 8 posts at once and newno room for discussion on any trade.

FYP!

No room for discussion?! Are you not able to quote a specific post or at least make reference to it if you want to say something?!

Posts were made over the course of nearly 30 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I dont like this thread. It's like an announcement. 8 posts at once and new room for discussion on any trade.

What is this post if it isn't discussion? :rolleyes: you could have jus as easily posted about Peppers move to Chicago rather than have a pop at someone tying up all the confirmed deals...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hazys wrote: »
    Yes, the pats player's celebrations and rubbing salt in the wounds were extravagant, so extravagant in fact, that no camera bothered to capture it.

Even if you agreed or didnt argree with the 'outragous' celebrations on the field, you cant defend LT's childish, sore loser behaviour on the field after the game and in the press conference.

BB's attitude of "running up the scores" (which occured 3 years later) permeated down to the players that day? :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say Pats players did not dance on the Bolt?. I personally know people who were there to witness it. Ellis Hobbs being the main culprit. 'Sore loser behaviour'?, LT does not like to lose period. He hates it, and to lose in the fashion we did was a complete sickener. He had been wound up by what happened on the field after. For me he was totally justified in his words and actions afterwards.

BB has been acting the bollix for yrs. It's not like he only started being a bold boy in 2009, F me. He's a tosser and the sooner he is out of the NFL the better. He is nothing but bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Leslie91 wrote: »
    BB has been acting the bollix for yrs. It's not like he only started being a bold boy in 2009, F me. He's a tosser and the sooner he is out of the NFL the better. He is nothing but bad news.

Are you for real? :rolleyes: You think he is the only NFL coach that acts the b0llocks as you so nicely put it? Or he is the only coach who has ever acted the b0llocks? Come get a grip already. Regardless of his attitude he is and always will be one of the best coaches in the NFL whether you like it or not. Oh and roll on the clowns who are about to tell me all 3 Super Bowls were won by cheating :rolleyes:

Just to add he is a highly respected coach among the NFL and NCAA coaches. Sure there are many that don't like him but only a small few have ever come out and publicly said anything bad against him. And ask yourself why only a small few have done it. I will tell you why is a little thing called respect.

You are daft if you think the NFL would be any better without a coach like BB. Such a ridiculous comment to make.

Without BB a lot of teams wouldn't be where they are now after all the assistants turned head coaches he's churned out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lovie Smith is king. BB bows down to Lovie.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Hazys wrote: »
    Yes, the pats player's celebrations and rubbing salt in the wounds were extravagant, so extravagant in fact, that no camera bothered to capture it.

What are you talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug17-hRH5e8
    Oh and roll on the clowns who are about to tell me all 3 Super Bowls were won by cheating

He did cheat, just be happy that he got away with it and stop bringing it up. Nobody but you seems to mention it on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Are you for real? :rolleyes: You think he is the only NFL coach that acts the b0llocks as you so nicely put it? Or he is the only coach who has ever acted the b0llocks? Come get a grip already. Regardless of his attitude he is and always will be one of the best coaches in the NFL whether you like it or not. Oh and roll on the clowns who are about to tell me all 3 Super Bowls were won by cheating :rolleyes:

Just to add he is a highly respected coach among the NFL and NCAA coaches. Sure there are many that don't like him but only a small few have ever come out and publicly said anything bad against him. And ask yourself why only a small few have done it. I will tell you why is a little thing called respect.

You are daft if you think the NFL would be any better without a coach like BB. Such a ridiculous comment to make.

BB is a bollix is what I said. As for other coaches there may be a few, name them for us. Jeff Fisher is the one that comes to mind off the top of my head, Tom Cable anyone?. Most if not all head coaches are respectable people imho. Belichick brings a whole other dimension. He may have won you your Superbowls with the able assistance of a great QB but as u mentioned yourself with some illicit goings on in the background.

As for coming out and saying it about him publicly, respect my arse. Possible litigation from the snake is what prevents.

Advertisement