Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "WWE NXT" thread ***Contains SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Icky Thump wrote: »
    Carlito has been released.......................................................

he refused to go to rehab. anyway thats not why im bringing it up.

i am trying to think has carlito even been on NXT lately??? i cant remember seeing him

So that explains why he wasnt on Nxt this week but what about R Truth he was also a no show :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was it not their guys who were eliminated, which would explain their absence?

The Miz was obviously (kayfabe) there to put down Danielson some more.

R Truth is Otunga's pro and he is still in

Regal's rookie was eliminated and Regal was still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i agree
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    R Truth is Otunga's pro and he is still in

Regal's rookie was eliminated and Regal was still there

i agree

A lot of people don't realize that recently eliminated NXT Rookie Skip Sheffield also appeared on the same Tough Enough 4 season that The Miz was on back in 2004. Sheffield was then known as Ryan Reeves and made it to the finals.
    Slater eliminated this week

• Advertisement

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE has trademarked three NXT names which might suggest those names will have a definite future in WWE on the main roster after NXT is over. The names are Wade Barrett, David Otunga and Daniel Bryan. It should be noted, however, that David Otunga is the real names of that performer, so technically WWE does not have the right to "own" the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Season 2

Jesus wept at
    Low Ki's
    pros for next season.

Ah here, that is a f*ckin joke!! think this is another dig at the IWC like this seasons danielson/miz pairing!

Hopefully he just makes a show of them every week. :(

Who the hell picked the pros for next season :eek:

Barrett winning was inevitable at this stage he topped the pros poll for the last few weeks

• Advertisement

Couldn't give a flying fcuk about Barrett, don't see him reaching lofty heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Low Ki is one very lucky man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Low Ki's pros literally had me hitting my head off a table. Reckon they will actually go through with MVP as a pro though? :P

Why couldnt they keep the pros from the first season (bar Carlito since he is fired replace with Morrison)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

i don't find nxt very interesting too watch. but i do tape it in case i miss anything. I just normaly fast forward through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

Daniel Bryan with the record of 0 Win and 10 Losses....this can't be real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I was laughing so hard when they revealed who Low Ki's pros would be. The poor guys who had heart failure with Bryan/Miz must be dead by now, or at least will be when McCool beats him clean. I'm more baffled by changing Joe Hennig's name to Michael McGillicutty. Horrible name.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just finished NXT. The pros bickering at the end of the show was hilarious. I was hoping one of the fired NXT rookies would try something (Sheffield in particular)

pretty meh finale honestly. what do ya expect tho...

How bad is next season gonna be! it's hard getting over these clown names and the mid-carders masquerading as pros. Just because you're not in your rookie year anymore doesn't make you a pro! By that logic DH Smith is a pro!

If WWE don't want this to fail they'll have to bring in actually seasoned talent (i.e. raid TNA, ROH etc) and also have name power on the show. Why isn't any of Cena, Orton, Tripper, Batista, Rey, Edge on the show?! Show up an hour earlier for work, that's all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FHTHEVOB

0-4 for Daniel Bryan. I mean, seriously? :confused: Why sign up one of the best guys outside of TNA and WWE if you're just going to make him look unbelievably ****? Whoever thought that not only a losing streak, but also a bad portrayal of the guy was a good idea needs to be fired.

Really? How naive can you be? This Danielson push is so deliberate and planned out that it has come off fantastically well. The IWC is now behind Danielson and the crowd are reacting to the stuff that he is doing. Michael Cole deserves a pat on the back for his outstanding heel character. WWE have some really big plans for Danielson. They aren't looking to make him look weak by a long shot. It's called character development.

Yep, although i'd also mention that anyone from another company gets buried, usually.....(think of CM Punk) but talent shines through in the end. Vince hates the idea of anyone getting over that he didn't create, and so smashes them down, and then thinks about building them back up. And if they're useless, then so be it. And if they make it, Vince made it happen.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yep, although i'd also mention that anyone from another company gets buried, usually.....(think of CM Punk) but talent shines through in the end. Vince hates the idea of anyone getting over that he didn't create, and so smashes them down, and then thinks about building them back up. And if they're useless, then so be it. And if they make it, Vince made it happen.

I wouldn't say Vince tears anyone down. There is a ton of support for Danielson in the back his losing streak and putting him with the Miz was a way to harvest a reaction from the fans who followed Danielson all through his career through ROH and Japan and so on. Instant fodder for his feud with Cole and rise to the top. As for Punk Smackdown is the perfect place for him right now and working with Mysterio has brought him good will as far as considering him as a good worker.

FHTHEVOB wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Vince tears anyone down

I'd agree that Danielson's booking in NXT has been really productive; especially since he's been voted off, not held down with the NXT stigma (no-one's ever benefitted from the Tough Enough stigma!) is a good thing.

You've seen how over Punk was in 2006, right? When he first came in he was over massive (my favourite example is the 2006 Survivor Series). WWE buried him so badly over the next 2 years that he wasn't popular at all...even his world title reigns were botches, being kayfabe injured and losing the title while not even defending the title (Unforgiven 08), or having a match with Orton on a PPV by way of recompense? Punk has only been booked right since his heel run in 2009, when WWE desperately needed someone new to push. So after three years of breaking Punk down, talent has shone through, and he's rightfully at his spot, a WWE-made man, because he sure isn't riding on his indie momentum.

On a side note, MVP has never recovered from that losing streak. If that's not tearing someone down, I don't know what is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Even with Low Ki, I have no interest in watching the second season of NXT. The first one got old fast, and their names are ridiculous in the second series.

I'm still wondering why he's being called Daniel Bryan after the promo he did a few weeks ago calling himself Bryan Danielson. No logic to it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really? How naive can you be? This Danielson push is so deliberate and planned out that it has come off fantastically well. The IWC is now behind Danielson and the crowd are reacting to the stuff that he is doing. Michael Cole deserves a pat on the back for his outstanding heel character. WWE have some really big plans for Danielson. They aren't looking to make him look weak by a long shot. It's called character development.

Huh? You actually think the WWE gears its audience towards the IWC? They likely make up 5% of their audience in the States and that's being generous. Deliberate and planned I don't think so. I think the plan was to piss off the IWC certainly and when the ratings for the show began to tank they decided to try and take some risks to get it up.

I don't know how you can say what happened to Danielson was character development when he has had a losing streak. It would have been character development to give him a winning streak. The majority of the WWE audience probably agrees with Cole's view as they have no idea who the guys is and if they have watched, they have just seen him get made look like a nobody week after week. What has happened the last few weeks has been great but it is a salvage operation.

In regards to NXT, I'm fine with
    Barrett winning as I think he has the potential to be decent. He's good on the mic. Otunga looked promising but is too green. Gabriel is good but comes across to me a bit too similar to Evan Bourne's style.
    Jolt2007 wrote:
    I'm more baffled by changing Joe Hennig's name to Michael McGillicutty. Horrible name.

I know. Awful name. No idea what that's about. As for Percy Watson he reminds me of Bowfinger.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Huh? You actually think the WWE gears its audience towards the IWC? They likely make up 5% of their audience in the States and that's being generous. Deliberate and planned I don't think so. I think the plan was to piss off the IWC certainly and when the ratings for the show began to tank they decided to try and take some risks to get it up.

I don't know how you can say what happened to Danielson was character development when he has had a losing streak. It would have been character development to give him a winning streak. The majority of the WWE audience probably agrees with Cole's view as they have no idea who the guys is and if they have watched, they have just seen him get made look like a nobody week after week. What has happened the last few weeks has been great but it is a salvage operation.

In regards to NXT, I'm fine with
    Barrett winning as I think he has the potential to be decent. He's good on the mic. Otunga looked promising but is too green. Gabriel is good but comes across to me a bit too similar to Evan Bourne's style.

I know. Awful name. No idea what that's about. As for Percy Watson he reminds me of Bowfinger.

The IWC isn't their target audience but the Danielson storyline gets them talking. The WWE have let their audience vaguely know who Bryan Danielson is. What they really want is for people to find out information for themselves. A way of doing that is having him retweet videos of himself, have him drop the name Bryan Danielson in a shoot promo etc. Putting him with the Miz and having him do a losing streak was to piss the IWC off but that wasn't it's primary aim. It's primary aim was for Danielson to become sympathetic to the audience so the crowd could get behind him when he finally took a stand against the Miz and Cole. At the beginning his losing streak was beneficial because it did a lot more for him to push established stars to have good matches rather than have him lose to his fellow NXT rookies. Now when he was losing to rookies that was detrimental. Ratings really don't matter for the show. It's on the SciFi network on a Tuesday night it's going to draw what it's going to draw. Yes they canned ECW but that was because it had run it's course and was pretty much an on screen developmental territory. Most people watching are decent human beings and if they see a guy like Michael Cole who they find irritating ripping on a guy they will instantly get behind him. Have a nice day :)

The IWC means **** in regards to ratings, in fact I'd say most of the IWC would tend to catch it online rather than live. I stand by what I said (which by the way, you took weeks out of context), there's no excuse for not giving the guy one win on NXT.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd agree that Danielson's booking in NXT has been really productive; especially since he's been voted off, not held down with the NXT stigma (no-one's ever benefitted from the Tough Enough stigma!) is a good thing.

You've seen how over Punk was in 2006, right? When he first came in he was over massive (my favourite example is the 2006 Survivor Series). WWE buried him so badly over the next 2 years that he wasn't popular at all...even his world title reigns were botches, being kayfabe injured and losing the title while not even defending the title (Unforgiven 08), or having a match with Orton on a PPV by way of recompense? Punk has only been booked right since his heel run in 2009, when WWE desperately needed someone new to push. So after three years of breaking Punk down, talent has shone through, and he's rightfully at his spot, a WWE-made man, because he sure isn't riding on his indie momentum.

On a side note, MVP has never recovered from that losing streak. If that's not tearing someone down, I don't know what is.

I think they've never really known what to do with Punk and have been experimenting with him ever since he won the ECW Championship. Jeff Hardy was more than likely going to win the Money in the Bank briefcase at WM 24 but he got suspended. They gave the briefcase to Punk when he wasn't quite ready for a title run they overestimated his ability to carry a belt gauging his ECW title run so it was lackluster in reaction at the time and that was partially their fault. Jericho was hot as a heel at the time and that could draw them more money so they get the belt off him without inflicting more damage to Punk. His run last year was slightly more successful due to heel character he brought out from ROH. Where he is now with the Straight Edge Society has made him develop more as a heel and as a character, so I would say Punk is on the verge of being there when it comes to carrying a belt.

When it comes to MVP, His losing streak was a part of him coming off of a heel run. MVP was not tested as a babyface. When his losing streak ended he was moved over to the Raw roster when the in ring style he was working was no condusive to being a heel eg. using a chono kick which only garners heat. He wasn't quite as versatile at being a babyface he couldn't build something as basic as having an effective comeback or great charisma when at that point it was only so and so as a result his plans may have floundered. Juxtapose that with a guy like Mark Henry who they really should have had big plans for when they turned him babyface and put him on the Raw roster with the debut against Randy Orton.

The IWC means **** in regards to ratings, in fact I'd say most of the IWC would tend to catch it online rather than live. I stand by what I said (which by the way, you took weeks out of context), there's no excuse for not giving the guy one win on NXT.

I said IWC and the crowd underlined that. Pushing Chris Jericho to a good match is much more useful than a meaningless 5 minute win over a rookie. He's not losing now! Why? because people are reacting to him! They were'nt when he debuted? Why? Because they didn't care. They must have done something right wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The IWC isn't their target audience but the Danielson storyline gets them talking. The WWE have let their audience vaguely know who Bryan Danielson is. What they really want is for people to find out information for themselves. A way of doing that is having him retweet videos of himself, have him drop the name Bryan Danielson in a shoot promo etc. Putting him with the Miz and having him do a losing streak was to piss the IWC off but that wasn't it's primary aim. It's primary aim was for Danielson to become sympathetic to the audience so the crowd could get behind him when he finally took a stand against the Miz and Cole. At the beginning his losing streak was beneficial because it did a lot more for him to push established stars to have good matches rather than have him lose to his fellow NXT rookies. Now when he was losing to rookies that was detrimental. Ratings really don't matter for the show. It's on the SciFi network on a Tuesday night it's going to draw what it's going to draw. Yes they canned ECW but that was because it had run it's course and was pretty much an on screen developmental territory. Most people watching are decent human beings and if they see a guy like Michael Cole who they find irritating ripping on a guy they will instantly get behind him. Have a nice day :)

Of course I agree it gets the IWC talking but only because it pisses them off. The WWE have looked down on the IWC with contempt for years so their treatment of him doesn't surprise me. I think to claim it was part of a grand plan to get him over is giving them too much credit.

I'm surprised you think they did all this to make him seem sympathetic. Most of the WWE audience don't know the guy so if he comes in and loses every week, that is not going to gain him sympathy and encourage people to look him up on Twitter etc. Surely if they wanted character development then the logical thing was to have him win every week, but still have the likes of Miz and Cole rip on him for being an internet darling. That would make him come across as important. Making him a loser just makes Miz and Cole seem right.

I think it was a case, as jaykhunter said, where Vince and the rest wanted to stick two fingers up at the IWC by tearing him down, and then building him up and taking credit for his success.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Of course I agree it gets the IWC talking but only because it pisses them off. The WWE have looked down on the IWC with contempt for years so their treatment of him doesn't surprise me. I think to claim it was part of a grand plan to get him over is giving them too much credit.

I'm surprised you think they did all this to make him seem sympathetic. Most of the WWE audience don't know the guy so if he comes in and loses every week, that is not going to gain him sympathy and encourage people to look him up on Twitter etc. Surely if they wanted character development then the logical thing was to have him win every week, but still have the likes of Miz and Cole rip on him for being an internet darling. That would make him come across as important. Making him a loser just makes Miz and Cole seem right.

I think it was a case, as jaykhunter said, where Vince and the rest wanted to stick two fingers up at the IWC by tearing him down, and then building him up and taking credit for his success.
    Sympathy only gets them so far with the losing streak what egged it on was Cole and Miz saying ''This guy thinks he's so great'' What brought them forward was his recent shoot promo that's what brought the character of Danielson to life in terms of audience participation finding out exactly who this guy is they may not have before. Vince never wants to give the two fingers to the IWC all he wants to do is illicit reactions from them that's all. No matter how much they bitch they still watch at the end of the day. The Danielson push is definitely deliberate he's so well regarded by the guys backstage it isn't even funny.

Advertisement