Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "WWE NXT" thread ***Contains SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Tarver will go out first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I've a major feeling the final 3 in NXT will be Gabriel, Wade and Bryan

Funny, I think they're also keen on the 'one man rock band' and Otunga.

TBH, even though many aspects of the show are really starting to tick me off, all seven (excluding Michael Tarver) are starting to develop an interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

geeky wrote: »
    Funny, I think they're also keen on the 'one man rock band' and Otunga.

TBH, even though many aspects of the show are really starting to tick me off, all seven (excluding Michael Tarver) are starting to develop an interesting story.

Tbh, I forgot about "A-List" Otunga and Slater.

Tarver's def out next week imo.

Tbh, I forgot about "A-List" Otunga and Slater.

Tarver's def out next week imo.

hell yeah, and no great loss. I'd kinda be sad to see the back of most of them (Skip Sheffield and Slater less so) but Tarver is boring on the mike and in the ring.

hell yeah, and no great loss. I'd kinda be sad to see the back of most of them (Skip Sheffield and Slater less so) but Tarver is boring on the mike and in the ring.

Tarver is funny on the mic. He makes no sense in any "promo's" he cuts. I don't really mind Slater while Skip is ...um.... unique

• Advertisement

Tarver is funny on the mic. He makes no sense in any "promo's" he cuts. I don't really mind Slater while Skip is ...um.... unique

Ms. Sheffield, your child is... different.

Daniel Bryan, Michael Tarver and Skip Sheffield were all eliminated during the show this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan, Michael Tarver and Skip Sheffield were all eliminated during the show this week

I need to be saved;) I cant say I have watched NXT but why has
    Danielson
    been eliminated?

I need to be saved;) I cant say I have watched NXT but why has
    Danielson
    been eliminated?

He said he didn't deserve to be there 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

to be fair he did
    lose every match he was in except for the tag match on raw
    but i dont think his contract will be terminated. im sure this is just part of a story line where he will return as Bryann Daniells and fued with Miz

• Advertisement

At First I was like :eek::confused:

Then I was like :)

With the eliminations (including one genuine WTF moment) They've suddenly made NXT interesting after weeks of floundering. Any one of the remaining rookies could go next (though I've an idea who it'll be) and that'll be the end of an interesting storyline.
    As for Daniel Bryan/Brian Danielson, I've no idea what they're going to pull - presumably he'll come back gunning for the Miz but he can hardly do it this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This is the best thing they could have done for Bryan.
    Him being "eliminated" in that fashion lets him break away from the "oh he's the NXT guy" sort of attitude that may have followed.

Also, publicly burying Daniel Bryan, and basically introducing himself as Bryan Danielson is great. As someone said somewhere, maybe above, amybe in the sotw thread, it was very like foley introducing cactus jack, theres almost a mystique about the name change. You believe that it will make a difference. It breaks the fourth wall.

If they can get some footage of his matches on the indies, and then build up his impending return against the Miz, it could be a really good "debut".

He has the talent. He just needs the right push

• Registered Users Posts: 45,043 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone heard any rumours on what they are going to do with Bryan?

I assumed he'd be taking the US title from Miz and feuding with him but now I have no idea :confused:

Maybe Raw's new gm will snap him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

I'm pretty sure you wont see him on TV again until at least after NXT is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

It's a NXT spoiler so I won't post the picture, just link to it but

I think some people want to see this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ridley wrote: »

to quote the miz:

AAAAAAAAWESOME!!

Ridley wrote: »

I really didn't want to look at that link but couldn't help myself. :)

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    I really didn't want to look at that link but couldn't help myself. :)

NXT Spoiler for this weeks show.

FREAKING AWESOME SPOT.
    Daniel Bryan telling it straight - some brilliant delivery, some great lines and some Cole slaps.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/wwenxt/2010/may15-21/14494454

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Have to say, one thing I loved on the show was
    Regal and Punk laughing and nodding when Bryan said he's better than The Miz. The Cole thing was great too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Regal saying "He is better than you Miz" while Miz was ranting was great. Not as great as seeing Michael Cole get punched and kicked though. It would seem they do have proper plans for Bryan Danielson which is good to hear.

For anyone who wants to see it again and again and... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PROS1ApRGAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This single angle is more interesting than absolutely everything else going on in the WWE at the moment.
    I hope danielson
    kicks Michael Coles' ass every week!

After people complaining for weeks about the way WWE were treating Bryan, looks like they had everyone fooled. Well played WWE. I'm enjoying this so far. Hope he has a good future ahead of him.

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    After people complaining for weeks about the way WWE were treating Bryan, looks like they had everyone fooled. Well played WWE. I'm enjoying this so far. Hope he has a good future ahead of him.
    losing to rookies every week STILL doesn't look good to me. His promo was excellent, but the fact is he got beat every single week, and by people supposed to be far less talented and experienced than him. It would make sense if the WWE or some pro's could have been seen to screw him out of victories, but for the most part his losses were clean. He could have been made to look a little better, then be scrwed over by 'management' and still have this angle, without him having looked crap for weeks

Darren Young
    eliminated this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The current season of NXT will likely end in mid-June with the winner getting a title shot, probably a tag team title shot with his Pro. There is talk of doing another quick season to end in September or October when the show ends and SmackDown comes to SyFy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Wow that segment last night was awesome.
    Punk and Regal nodding in agreement was hilarious.

Am I the only guy who noticed that there was one chap roaring 'you suck!' with unusual enthusiasm? Like, three or four times during that episode, you could hear him clear as day - sounded like the same guy too. At one point,
    Cole obviously heard it during DB's promo and added an 'amen'

This was as good an episode as I've seen. No stupid games, a couple of decent matches, and far less illogical ****e.
    Highlights for me included bidding goodbye to the troll-hair dude, William Regal's 'he is better than you Miz', and 'you're a poor man's replacement for JR!'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Am I the only guy who noticed that there was one chap roaring 'you suck!' with unusual enthusiasm?

Probably someone who can't get enough of the freakish physiques of some wrestlers. ;)

Advertisement