Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "WWE NXT" thread ***Contains SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... Alex Riley will end up not just being a main eventer, but a top level one equal to Cena and Orton. There, I've said it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Concerning last night's NXT:
    You know I wouldn't be surprised if Kaval becomes yet another "internet darling" to go on a losing streak on NXT. :rolleyes: I know the guy has to do what he's told but I'm sure a feeling of "WTF is happening here?" came over him when he put on that property of Laycool t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the point of Nxt if all the rookies from Season 1 got contracts (bar Bryan but fingers crossed he will be back) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,062 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the point of Nxt if all the rookies from Season 1 got contracts (bar Bryan but fingers crossed he will be back) :rolleyes:

the point of Nxt is to give the guys exposure and and get them in the minds of the wrestling fans.

It isn't a real competition, it is story lined.

Sure even tough enough had more than one person getting a contract despite not winning it. Morrison didn't win it, i think Josh Matthews may have taken part in the first season. I know there was another fella that didn't win (a Swagger like fella) and he got a contract with the WWE too. may be others as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

the point of Nxt is to give the guys exposure and and get them in the minds of the wrestling fans.

Sure even tough enough had more than one person getting a contract despite not winning it. Morrison didn't win it, i think Josh Matthews may have taken part in the first season. I know there was another fella that didn't win (a Swagger like fella) and he got a contract with the WWE too. may be others as well.

The boogeyman was one of them I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Im sure Dolph Ziggler was one of them too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont want this thread going too far off topic with talk of tough enough but...

notably TE folk were:

Maven, Nidia, Chris Nowinski & Josh Matthews (Season1)

Matt Morgan, Jackie Gayda (Season 2)
    Shad Gaspard had to be replaced due to medical complications

John Hennigan aka John Morrison (Season 3)
    Melina, Daivari and Daniel Puder (didnt make it to the final 25)

Mike "The Miz" Mizanin, Daniel Puder, Nick Mitchell [Spirit Squad], Ryan Reeves aka NXTs Skip Sheffield, Marty Wright aka The Boogeyman (Season 4)

dont want this thread going too far off topic with talk of tough enough but...

notably TE folk were:

Maven, Nidia, Chris Nowinski & Josh Matthews (Season1)

Matt Morgan, Jackie Gayda (Season 2)
    Shad Gaspard had to be replaced due to medical complications

John Hennigan aka John Morrison (Season 3)
    Melina, Daivari and Daniel Puder (didnt make it to the final 25)

Mike "The Miz" Mizanin, Daniel Puder, Nick Mitchell [Spirit Squad], Ryan Reeves aka NXTs Skip Sheffield, Marty Wright aka The Boogeyman (Season 4)
    cheers - just backs up my NXT point. TE was much more an actual competition than NXT is, and that didn't stop the losers getting contracts. Anyone who expected only one guy from each season of NXT to get a contract wasn't thinking straight imo - not everyone in each season will get a contract, but a good number will, as long as they show they can perform in front of a WWE crowd and get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

.. The spirit squad. There's a blast from the past.

Off topic, moved to the 'your questions answered' thread.

The tagline for the show is "who will become WWE's next breakout star" kinda implying one winner to me

• Advertisement

The tagline for the show is "who will become WWE's next breakout star" kinda implying one winner to me

taking the tagline.... it shouldn't. there may only be one breakout star (and title shot) but it doesn't say 'who will be the one to win a contract.

Also, it is a show, not a real competition. As said, TE was far more a competition than NXT is. If anyone in NXT proves themselves good enough, they will get a contract. Whether they are the winner or not. it is that simple. All the NXT guys are currently under contract in the dev territory (FCW) as it is, so it is not like WWE is just going to give up on them instantly, they have already invested in them all, and this is simply the next stage of their development process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

daniel, wade and gabriel should out for me as the stars of season 1

i cant see all of the season 1 rookies staying with the wwe after this angle is over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

daniel, wade and gabriel should out for me as the stars of season 1

i cant see all of the season 1 rookies staying with the wwe after this angle is over
    Aye, I wasn't too big on most of the rest of the group, particularly Heath Slater. He always bugged me. One of the best, for me, was Gabriel, it's nice to see someone who isn't Evan Bourne capable of doing moves like the 450 splash. (Not saying Bourne is bad, I like him too, just not many in the WWE can do high-risk like him)

Percy Watson really reminds me of J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Percy Watson really reminds me of J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys...:pac:

I f'n hate Percy Watson with a passion:mad::mad::mad::mad: Know what I'm saying

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Can u explain it in kayfabe terms! The point of the rookies in NXT is to win a contract and become the next breakout star...it's like everyone won this year's Tough Enough! I hate when WWE go back on their kayfabe plans. Boo! Although i'm happy to see most of the NXT guys remain; you can separate the wheat from the chaff later on

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Can u explain it in kayfabe terms! The point of the rookies in NXT is to win a contract and become the next breakout star...it's like everyone won this year's Tough Enough! I hate when WWE go back on their kayfabe plans. Boo! Although i'm happy to see most of the NXT guys remain; you can separate the wheat from the chaff later on

They haven't really - Only Barrett got a contract as a result of winning the NXT competition.

The rest got them after they mashed the crap out of a load of people and 'forced' the WWE to give them contracts. If they had simply given the NXT rookies contracts caused they wanted to keep them around it would have broken the kayfabe rules, but that isn't what happened.

It will, however, be very interesting to see how they deal with the same situation for season 2 - they can't go the same story line again, they'll have to think of a differnet way of getting those that impress up to the main roster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It will, however, be very interesting to see how they deal with the same situation for season 2 - they can't go the same story line again, they'll have to think of a differnet way of getting those that impress up to the main roster.
    It's WWE, they expect you to have forgotten that story by then; any way I'd expect them to go for a stable set up with a GM giving them temporary contracts to work as his bodyguard or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just seen via F4W the photos of the new NXT host, Ashley. Bloody hell. :eek:

4a8dc3da09a1e.jpg

Yeah I think I'll be watching NXT regularly from now on. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Nxt dropping in ratings: (source: pw torch)
    Last night's episode of WWE NXT on Syfy scored a 0.9 rating and averaged 1.05 million viewers over the course of the show.

The show was down nearly 14.0 percent compared to last week's 1.21 million viewers.

Through four weeks, NXT has lost 31 percent of the audience compared to the season premiere's 1.53 million viewers at the beginning of the month.

Season One of NXT had similar results. The fourth week of NXT dropped off by 32 percent compared to the season premiere.

Looking at all of the NXT episodes over two seasons, Tuesday night's episode was the second least-watched episode of NXT. The May 4 episode during Season One averaged 1.00 million viewers in-between 1.07 million viewers (April 27) and 1.08 million viewers (May 11).

The following is a break down of the first four weeks of the second season of NXT.

June 8 (Week 1) - 1.53 million viewers
    Jun 15 (Week 2) - 1.31 million viewers
    Jun 22 (Week 3) - 1.21 million viewers
    Jun 29 (Week 4) - 1.05 million viewers

ouch!

• Advertisement

WWE star John Cena ripped into the performance of NXT rookie Percy Watson on his Twitter page. Cena started by praising the performances of Alex Riley and Husky Harris, but then had the following to say about Watson:

"If Percy Watson makes another one of those faces where I'm supposed to think he's mad but it looks like he just crapped himself...I'll eliminated him. He has gone downhill every single week. Disappointing. He is really one hell of an athlete. I think he may be suffering from yep yep syndrome. Looking for something special when all he needs is what he's got."

Source
    The current plan is to have season three of Nxt will feature four male wrestlers and four women wrestlers from developmental. WWE is adding Divas to the mix because they're running low on fresh stars from FCW. There's still no word yet on where season three of the show will air once SmackDown comes to SyFy
    Lucky Cannon
    eliminated this week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Percy Watson: I was a fan initially but now I hope he is next to go. All he does is a few drop kicks every match. I am Tired of it. He needs to learn some new moves when he goes back to FCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Source

Lucky Cannon
    eliminated this week

Man, I was really hoping when he said "I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and fffllllip out" he would actually have a Christian Bale rant at the "Universe".

(Warning: This tirade has naughty language)

I can just picture Cannon pointing at Percy Watson and going "You picked him over me? HIM?!" *waggles fingers* "'Ooh look at me yeahyeahyeah fingerrain fingerrain lalala' like this! Oh good for yoooou. What's the matter with you people?! I almost DIED when I was a kid! Don't tell me to shut up!" etc. etc. as he's dragged away with a microphone in his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ridley wrote: »
    I can just picture Cannon pointing at Percy Watson and going "You picked him over me? HIM?!" *waggles fingers* "'Ooh look at me yeahyeahyeah fingerrain fingerrain lalala' like this! Oh good for yoooou. What's the matter with you people?! I almost DIED when I was a kid! Don't tell me to shut up!" etc. etc. as he's dragged away with a microphone in his hand.

"what don't you f*cking understand...."

:pac:

So who is going to win?

Alex, Michael or Kaval

I think it will be Kaval

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I imagine Perfect's son will win, as Reilly has Miz (and so can accompany him, and slip in the door that way) and Kaval, maybe so too with The BeautLayCool. Plus Reilly is quite strong on the mic, Kaval's impressive in-ring and good on the mic, but i dunno about Joe.

Well, that's my reasoning anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source
    According to a report by PWInsider, the plan for tonight's "season finale" of WWE NXT is to introduce the cast of the upcoming third season. We're told the original plan was to include four male rookies and four female rookies. The show will be finishing up on SyFy in the next four weeks after tonight with the debut of Smackdown on the network on October 1.

While the company has been shopping the show around to other networks, they were not able to keep the timeslot on SyFy and it would appear they will move the show to WWE.com for the time being as they have every intention of continuing the concept. SyFy reportedly passed on renewing the show feeling it performed poorly in the ratings after a pitch by Kevin Dunn and WWE promised higher ratings than ECW. The network was much higher on the idea of bringing Smackdown to the network with its much more longer and successful track record on broadcast television.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I hope Creed is in series three, he has everything needed to succeed it the NXT environment. My money is on Kaval tonight.

• Advertisement

I hope Creed is in series three, he has everything needed to succeed it the NXT environment. My money is on Kaval tonight.

I think Creed's quite the safe bet, and would definitely do well.

Love to see Steamboat Jr in Season 3 i've been watching some of his FCW matches recently and he has serious potential..

Advertisement