Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,183 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Me too!! Be travelling up from the country for it. I hope they don't screen for non-Dubs on the door :P

Considering how few Dubs listen, they'd probably have nobody left if they did (and the presentation team would be quite missing too) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering how few Dubs listen, they'd probably have nobody left if they did (and the presentation team would be quite missing too) :pac:

Ray, JP and muireann are all culchies.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys to anyone going to the Naked Breakfast on Friday where are ye all parking? According to the RDS website their carpark doesn't open until 7.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

No idea but I presume since doors open at 7 parking will be open then too.

Interesting start to the show this morning with discussion about "98FM's Naked Breakfast" and the lack of Foley and the little show known as "The Ray Foley Show" in the newspaper ads...second time they have mentioned focus groups this week and them not liking Foley ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah he seems to have lost a bit alright. Those early mornings are a killer i'd say. Muireann really makes mairead look plain doesn't she!

mairead used to look better when she had the bit of weight on her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Happy Naked Breakfast Day everyone!

I managed to make it through the front doors - place is looking well!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Naked Breakfast Day everyone!

I managed to make it through the front doors - place is looking well!

Here as well. Very fancy this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

How was it? Won't be listening to the pod until later.

It was fantastic...best outside broadcast I have been to or heard...really great show and was the number one Twitter trend in Ireland ahead of the Toy Show and Black Friday so seems people enjoyed it and got involved.

Gavin James, Keywest, Una Foden and Rachel Stevens :-O, Hometown, Noel Edmonds, Elmo from Love/Hate, Dublin GAA players, Dublin Gospel Choir, and Dustin (who was hilarious taking digs at Darcy and Tubs...and even Muireann)! They went all out this year and it went down a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Can't wait to hear the Naked Breakfast podcast! It'll brighten up my day over here in smoggy China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Listening to the podcast now, Laurence Kilnan (sp?) is the guest now, it's great so far!

Raging I couldn't be there, really wanted to go this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Totally forgot it was on until I heard it going live after 8. Curious to how it went, anyone else actually there? Get the feeling Ray could get up and abuse the crowd for 2 hours and people here would still love it. How was the attendance couple of hundred or into the thousand? Not as much reaction here than I expected.

They mentioned 600...well I think Noel Edmonds did, but it seemed like more to me to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

IUA14 wrote: »
    They mentioned 600...well I think Noel Edmonds did, but it seemed like more to me to be honest.

Seems ok for a Friday morning when people are usually at work, what was the attendance for last years one?

soc160 wrote: »
    Seems ok for a Friday morning when people are usually at work, what was the attendance for last years one?

400 I believe.

Are the lads playing more music at the moment? Notice the show podcasts are 15-20 mins shorter than they had been?

IUA14 wrote: »
    Are the lads playing more music at the moment? Notice the show podcasts are 15-20 mins shorter than they had been?

Yes on the show itself there's definetly more music being played during the last hour. Sometimes there's 2-3 songs played in a row without interruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just looked at my itunes on my recently fixed laptop and discovered I've 13 episodes from the old today fm show on it. I've the last four shows and my earliest one is the 20th of December 2011.

listening to the last lazy radio. God they could do anything they wanted to. So good. I'm ten minutes and I've laughed a few times randomly.:D:D

edit: Oh jesus the last ever feedback. I can't breath.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

What I loved about the old show was that they just went off on tangents a lot. Like, maybe I'm just looking back with rose-tinted glasses, but I remember their first link after the 12pm news often going on until like 25 past. Just them messing around. It felt like an entire show made up of the type of link they do after the 6:30 news now.

I know, I know, I know, that they can't do that stuff because it's breakfast radio and tight format is the order of the day, but good Christ I miss them just dicking around. I can't help but feel they'd be a better fit in Ian Dempsey's slot though. I think at Today FM they'd get a lot of that leeway back.

I dunno, I've found myself enjoying the show a bit less recently. Still has super moments, but it's feeling more and more like they're going through the motions.

With regards to the current show I'm listening to the podcasts but if I can't listen to it the day after I'm playing catch up I'll delete it and move onto the next one. That NEVER happened before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just looked at my itunes on my recently fixed laptop and discovered I've 13 episodes from the old today fm show on it. I've the last four shows and my earliest one is the 20th of December 2011.

listening to the last lazy radio. God they could do anything they wanted to. So good. I'm ten minutes and I've laughed a few times randomly.:D:D

I have a load of their old blast stuff. Flick it on occasionally, I was a huge fan of them on Todayfm. Went to a good few outside broadcasts. Never listened once to their new show. I wished they'd come back to national radio.

Deedsie wrote: »
    I have a load of their old blast stuff. Flick it on occasionally, I was a huge fan of them on Todayfm. Went to a good few outside broadcasts. Never listened once to their new show. I wished they'd come back to national radio.

The 98fm show while different to the tofayfm show has had some great moments but not as many as the old today FM show. I do hope they come back to today FM at some point on a different show. I say it with all due respect to 98fm but today FM is the lads home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

The 98fm show while different to the tofayfm show has had some great moments but not as many as the old today FM show. I do hope they come back to today FM at some point on a different show. I say it with all due respect to 98fm but today FM is the lads home.

To me 98fm is just for people from Dublin. I live in Dublin and I like Dublin very much, but I would only listen to national stations as I am from the country originally. Since the lads left the fun seems to have gone out of radio.

Them taking the piss out of Muireann yesterday was really good. I love the "Come annnn!" accent they use. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Them taking the piss out of Muireann yesterday was really good. I love the "Come annnn!" accent they use. :pac:

Sure isn't the MO'C from Limerick ? Sure that accent is funny anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Throw them up online somewhere and share

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Throw them up online somewhere and share

How ? Just went back and downloaded some the ones that others have put up. Enlighten me.

Missed the show the last two days and no podcasts, are the lads off or something?

Also heard Ray talking on Wednesday about this college course he is doing which may explain why the podcast-only bits stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Ray was off today and yesterday but MOC and JP did the show.

• Advertisement

No Listen Back on 98FM.com this week again...annoying!

How was the show with the two of them?

Advertisement