Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah maybe,but I'm always afraid that if I go off the meds I'll turn back into self harming,and never leaving the house etc.

I experimented going off them during the summer and I could feel myself slipping back into old habits,so I started taking them again.

I mean I know I feel like shít most of the time now on meds,so Imagine how much worse I'd feel off them.It's a bit confusing,and I don't feel the psych's ever give me a straight answer about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Id be dead without my meds. I may feel sluggish and stoned but Im alive, and, when you are alive, anything is possible.

Merry Xmas fellow sufferers, try to relax and enjoy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Anyone else here taking cymbalta? Just took my first one of these last night (30 mg) after being prescribed them by my GP and they sent me to the moon and back, got all sorts of weird side effects from them in a matter of hours. Within a half an hour of taking it I felt hyperactive, jumpy, had excessive energy and noticed when looking in the mirror that my pupils were very dilated. Then came the most horrible nights sleep of my life, freezing cold and roasting hot all at the same time, at times i couldn't tell weather or not I was asleep or awake, my mind was racing and i don't even really know if i got any sleep last night, then first thing this morning, i vomited, and felt really lethargic immediately afterwards, an hour past, and i'm back to where I was last night feeling hyperactive and jumpy and feeling like I could go out and run a marathon. Took lexapro once before and had side effects as well but nothing as exaggerated as this..

Anyway i'm not looking for advice on weather of not I should I should be continuing these as obviously that's a conversation I need to be having with my GP, but was just wondering about other peoples experiences with Cymbalta and how they first reacted to them when they first started taking them. Also, in the long run if you feel they made a difference to you because obviously ive only been on them 1 day..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

Cymbalta is the best drug I've had in a while . Stick with it

Anyhow it's the season of depression and all around lonliness I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas , Happy new year and knows they're not alone .

I do hope to become friends with you all in the new year .
    Seasons Greetings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Kranium wrote: »
    I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas , Happy new year and knows they're not alone .

I do hope to become friends with you all in the new year .
    Seasons Greetings

Well said man. Hope you have a good one too :)

jammstarr wrote: »
    Well said man. Hope you have a good one too :)

2nd time today someone has thought i had jingle bells between my legs ;)

2nd time today someone has thought i had jingle bells between my legs ;)

:eek::o

jammstarr wrote: »
    :eek::o

Oh dont look so shocked :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I really cannot get into the Christmas spirit at all. Trying to avoid spending time with friends, which I feel bad about but I just want to shut myself away until it's all over.
    Having said that, I hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day tomorrow. Happy Christmas:)

• Advertisement

girlonfire wrote: »
    I really cannot get into the Christmas spirit at all. Trying to avoid spending time with friends, which I feel bad about but I just want to shut myself away until it's all over.
    )

I hope to stay in bed all day tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

@ Temaz, or anyone really - when they say sleeping pills are addictive, what exactly does that mean?
    Like do you start feeling the need to take them more and more, throughout the day, or is it just that you become dependent on them putting you to sleep at night?
    I have had ridiculously bad insomnia for way too long, and I'm thinking it's time for sleeping pills.

As for depression and anxiety - I'm doing shyte!!!
    I can't manage to even feign excitement over xmas for my kids' sake :(

@ Temaz, or anyone really - when they say sleeping pills are addictive, what exactly does that mean?
    Like do you start feeling the need to take them more and more, throughout the day, or is it just that you become dependent on them putting you to sleep at night?
    I have had ridiculously bad insomnia for way too long, and I'm thinking it's time for sleeping pills.
    (

I find that I've no natural sleep pattern of late. I find it very difficult to fall asleep and when I eventually do, I rarely sleep for longer than an hour at a time. It's a nightmare. The only time I get a relatively decent sleep is with a sleeping tablet. I've had to double the usual dose I take in order to get some sleep as my body has become used to them now. I would say they are most definitely addictive. However, using them to reset your natural sleep pattern, if you will, can be very helpful. If used properly, they're fine I'm sure.
    I'd talk to a gp about it and take it from there. There's nothing worse than going without sleep.
    Hope you feel okay soon.

I find that I've no natural sleep pattern of late. I find it very difficult to fall asleep and when I eventually do, I rarely sleep for longer than an hour at a time. It's a nightmare. The only time I get a relatively decent sleep is with a sleeping tablet. I've had to double the usual dose I take in order to get some sleep as my body has become used to them now. I would say they are most definitely addictive. However, using them to reset your natural sleep pattern, if you will, can be very helpful. If used properly, they're fine I'm sure.
    I'd talk to a gp about it and take it from there. There's nothing worse than going without sleep.
    Hope you feel okay soon.

Yeah, you see I have never had a normal sleep pattern - even as a child.
    I reckon my circadian rhythm is off kilter by a fair amount - I just do not fit in with the normal person 9-5 crap, I never have, and I never will - but yet, I have to ye know?!

So I know that sleeping pills won't actually get me into a normal routine - I just want to sleep - even just for a week!!!
    It has been months - maybe 6? - and I'm just going crazy - or did I already go crazy? Who knows?!

Anyway, yeah - it is awful. I'd go so far as saying that it is the worst part about depression.

Crap yesterday and it'll be crap today.

Happy christmas if people are happy though so enjoy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At work at the moment, but due to finish at eight. The fear is setting in, wish i could just stay at work, where i'm occupied, i've a feeling i won't be able to sleep later and the day is unrolling in front of me like one long uninterrupted heartache. I will try go for a walk at some point, but the lack of motivation to do, well, anything when i'm not working is non-existent. Still, it's good to have this thread to spill on now and again. I hope that the day/this time of year/own trigger here isn't too hard for you folks.

It's funny isn't is - what is it about christmas that gets people so down?
    Personally, it is for reasons in my childhood - bad memories and mixed emotions etc...
    But it seems so common that those with depression become even more down around christmas.
    I don't think it's just s.a.d. - because that is for the general winter months, not just christmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah i'd have to agree, longest night of the year just gone - always call them dark nights of the soul when having a bad one. Pondering things until you've it all warped in your head so you end up confused and feeling worse. Just roll on monday, back to work. I'm so agitated right now that i can't even concentrate to read or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Merry xmass all stay strong keep the faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Crap yesterday and it'll be crap today.

Happy christmas if people are happy though so enjoy.

Hey man, don't think of it as a real big celebration today because most people will be just relaxing and watching the idiotbox so were all in the same boat bro, believe me theres nothing spectacular about today except i'm getting drunk on my own so let's roll bro.

• Advertisement

Off to act happy.

It's funny isn't is - what is it about christmas that gets people so down?

Myself I think it's the forced interaction with family. Everyone else is so happy so easily - it almost takes any bit of my own away.

what is it about christmas that gets people so down?

the fact I am never ever going to meet that true love ill have for the rest of my life and its because i have an un cureable condition:(

It's hit me like a brick today

Bad day today, injured my back as well so I can't go anywhere.

Temaz wrote: »
    Bad day today, injured my back as well so I can't go anywhere.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get some rest and feel a bit better soon.

I'm hiding out today and tonight. Can't bear the thoughts of a night out.

I'm hiding out today and tonight. Can't bear the thoughts of a night out.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

the fact I am never ever going to meet that true love ill have for the rest of my life

Same. Most of my friends are in relationships so if I ever mention how I feel about that they're always like "oh sure there's someone out there for everyone, look at me and ___, I thought the same as you until I met them." No you didn't, at least you had a chance of finding someone who likes you, that doesn't happen for me. Sometimes I don't think I want it to either because surely there'd have to be something wrong with a person to like a thing like me.

Bleh, I've gone through so many mood swings these past few days. I love being at home because it males me revert back to feeling like a child so I don't have to worry about crap. But then it all still comes back anyway.

Same. Most of my friends are in relationships so if I ever mention how I feel about that they're always like "oh sure there's someone out there for everyone, look at me and ___, I thought the same as you until I met them." No you didn't, at least you had a chance of finding someone who likes you, that doesn't happen for me. Sometimes I don't think I want it to either because surely there'd have to be something wrong with a person to like a thing like me.

Bleh, I've gone through so many mood swings these past few days. I love being at home because it males me revert back to feeling like a child so I don't have to worry about crap. But then it all still comes back anyway.

you have BPD don't you?

Looking forward to hitting the hay tonight, exhausted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

you have BPD don't you?

Nah, just depression. Psych said I have borderline tendencies though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement