Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Hi everyone, after a few months of denial after trying to come off anti depressants I've finally agreed with my psychiatrist that I need to be on medication long term, it took me a long time to accept this but I finally have, so I'm on 20mg lexapro for over 2 weeks now, in those two weeks my anxiety and mood has worsened, went to the out of hours doctor last week and was given diazapam but it hasn't helped at all, my anxiety is getting worse and I can't even leave the house now without getting a panic attack, I'm due to go back to work Tuesday but I'm so worried about it cause I made so many mistakes last week at work, I just feel totally at a loss, I don't get sick pay and I've used all my annual leave on sick days already as well as taking days unpaid , just can't cope with the anxiety and palpitations, feel like I'm out of control, do ye think it would be worth going to the doctor for a script for xanax as I know that worked before but I don't want to go down the road of taking benzo's, I'm already totally anti medication but feel like I've no way out of this situation, thanks for reading and thanks for any advice in advance, hope ye are doing well

Stop worrying about work!
    Put yourself first. Certainly a visit to your GP is a must. Trust in your GP, he has your best interests at heart. He is the professional, explain your situation fully , let him decide the best course of action. Don't be afraid to discuss openly with him any reservations you may have about the medications.
    Look after yourself, these moments of anxiety etc . will pass, but it is important to meet with your GP

Thanks everyone for the advice, I guess I'm not really anti medication, would just prefer not to be popping tablets every day, it's like I don't feel like me anymore, just numb and extremely anxious, I think I will go back to my gp on Tuesday, can't keep going on like this, hopefully it'll go ok, just worried cause I've been there so many times and all as a result of me stopping my medication alone, which I've learnt the hard way is not the way to go,

Take it easy and see your Doctor first thing on Tuesday. If you are concerned in the meantime call your out of hours doctor or present yourself at your local A+E

Relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm feeling so lonely right now and have been crying a lot and have close to hurting myself again. I just feel like I can't take it much more. I have an appointment with my psychologist on Tuesday but don't know if I can wait until then to talk with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Tell us here.. tell us why has something happened? Well done on going to psychologist I haven't even got that far yet.. will you let me know it goes? In meantime id love to chat to you
    Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm feeling so lonely right now and have been crying a lot and have close to hurting myself again. I just feel like I can't take it much more. I have an appointment with my psychologist on Tuesday but don't know if I can wait until then to talk with someone.

ellavin wrote: »
    Tell us here.. tell us why has something happened? Well done on going to psychologist I haven't even got that far yet.. will you let me know it goes? In meantime id love to chat to you

One of the main reasons why I feel so depressed is because of the effect that my shyness and anxiety has had on my life. I'm 24 yet I've never even had a proper relationship with someone. I just feel like giving up hope on life and that I'm such a waste of space. There wouldn't even be that many people who would miss me if I was gone anyway.

• Advertisement

I am 22 and I can reassure you that someone cares for you more than you think as you just can't see it in this dark cloud your in but it will lift .. I am living with the affects of bereavement due to suicide and have yet to seek help as I had stayed "strong .. something good will happen.. do you have brothers or sister's?
    One of the main reasons why I feel so depressed is because of the effect that my shyness and anxiety has had on my life. I'm 24 yet I've never even had a proper relationship with someone. I just feel like giving up hope on life and that I'm such a waste of space. There wouldn't even be that many people who would miss me if I was gone anyway.

I am 22 and I can reassure you that someone cares for you more than you think as you just can't see it in this dark cloud your in but it will lift .. I am living with the affects of bereavement due to suicide and have yet to seek help as I had stayed "strong .. something good will happen.. do you have brothers or sister's?

I try to think like that too. That it'll pass, but it's not easy. No, I don't have any brothers or sisters. I don't have anyone that I feel comfortable talking to.

I try to think like that too. That it'll pass, but it's not easy. No, I don't have any brothers or sisters. I don't have anyone that I feel comfortable talking to.

Have you spoken with a Counsellor, Aware, or Pieta House?

I have said more things on here than I've ever actually spoke to someone I do understand in that sence.. if you wamt talk away I am always online

Have you spoken with a Counsellor, Aware, or Pieta House?

No but I'm due to start a WRAP group this week. I think it's similar to Aware.
    I have said more things on here than I've ever actually spoke to someone I do understand in that sence.. if you wamt talk away I am always online

I do like getting things of my chest on here as it helps. I even feel a tiny bit better already. And, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

• Advertisement

Will you let me how you get on , on Tuesday? Good luck I know it'll help
    No but I'm due to start a WRAP group this week. I think it's similar to Aware.

I do like getting things of my chest on here as it helps. I even feel a tiny bit better already. And, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Will you let me how you get on , on Tuesday? Good luck I know it'll help

Sure. It's only my second appointment with her though so I am a bit nervous about it.

I didn't know youd being before was the first time could you say was in more nervewreaking than this? Why do yiu feel nervous about this one? I kept putting my first app off ..
    Sure. It's only my second appointment with her though so I am a bit nervous about it.

I didn't know youd being before was the first time could you say was in more nervewreaking than this? Why do yiu feel nervous about this one? I kept putting my first app off ..

I think I'm more nervous this time. Before my first appointment, I was in a good mood so I wasn't quite as anxious as I'd usually be. If I'm feeling down then I find it more difficult to be around people.

Also, I'll be talking in more detail about things this time which I'm very nervous about. I find it very hard to talk about stuff like this face to face so it'll be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi everyone :)I said if I see the thread pop up id post and it did. I hope everyone is doing OK. I dunno how to start or what to do. So my background is more or less like this i'm a 22 year old Im a mum to a 1 year old and really I Dont know if my problems started before her or after all I know is I'm getting a lot worse mentally. Its on my news years resolution to go to the gp every time i think of it i get panicky and I feel he won't listen properly so I'm thinking of going to a female gp and she seems really nice. Anyway the OH found my new year resolutions and he kept asking why I need to go to the gp and I told him why and he called me mental!
    Somedays I've really good days and I think no I don't need to go the gp but i know now I really do cos the bad days are coming and they're coming more often.
    I probably have no one to talk to i tried talking to my mum but she said Dont be like your sister who had really bad anxiety and call the doc every day maybe twice a day call the out of hours and I don't want to be like that but now I know how she feels kind of. Sorry for the long post :)

It can only help suas11 I am not one to to talk as I couldn't get to first one.. have you been on medication? I was given lexipro never give a chance tho..
    I think I'm more nervous this time. Before my first appointment, I was in a good mood so I wasn't quite as anxious as I'd usually be. If I'm feeling down then I find it more difficult to be around people.

Also, I'll be talking in more detail about things this time which I'm very nervous about. I find it very hard to talk about stuff like this face to face so it'll be a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I know this is a weird question but...

Is it normal to be unhappy on a regular basis? I wouldn't say I'm depressed or anything, but I find myself unhappy, I'd say, about 60% of the time. It's like something just sitting in the back of my mind that decides to pop up randomly when I'm just chatting with friends or doing something else normal like that. I'm 18 now, I've been feeling this way since I've grown somewhat mature (3 years maybe?)...

It can only help suas11 I am not one to to talk as I couldn't get to first one.. have you been on medication? I was given lexipro never give a chance tho..

I hope it helps. I've been on Lexapro for almost 6 months and am on 15mg at the moment. In general, my mood has improved since then but I think that's mostly down to the OT.

Do you think it helped the doc out me on 15 mg of lexipro its laying in cupboard I said last week il make another appointment this week I will. . Do yiu mind me asking what part of lreland you from
    I hope it helps. I've been on Lexapro for almost 6 months and am on 15mg at the moment. In general, my mood has improved since then but I think that's mostly down to the OT.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I know this is a weird question but...

Is it normal to be unhappy on a regular basis? I wouldn't say I'm depressed or anything, but I find myself unhappy, I'd say, about 60% of the time. It's like something just sitting in the back of my mind that decides to pop up randomly when I'm just chatting with friends or doing something else normal like that. I'm 18 now, I've been feeling this way since I've grown somewhat mature (3 years maybe?)...

What triggers the unhappiness? Would you consider talking to your GP or a Counsellor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

In terrible bad dangerous form today.
    Have no energy what so ever.
    Missed my walk yesterday looks like today too. Just can't too tired
    Hope tomorrow will be better.

Hope everyone made it through the weekend ok x

handbagmad wrote: »
    In terrible bad dangerous form today.
    Have no energy what so ever.
    Missed my walk yesterday looks like today too. Just can't too tired
    Hope tomorrow will be better.

Hope everyone made it through the weekend ok x

Chillax ! Recharge the batteries.

Tomorrow is another day.

Chillax ! Recharge the batteries.

Tomorrow is another day.

I know del was just making good progress with the exercise :)

Try again tomorrow though
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

O Lord, it's one of THOSE days. How on earth am I going to be able to work tomorrow?

neemish wrote: »
    O Lord, it's one of THOSE days. How on earth am I going to be able to work tomorrow?

Tomorrow is another day!

Relax and enjoy today.

Be kind to yourself!

I know del was just making good progress with the exercise :)

Try again tomorrow though
    Thanks

Well done on the exercise.
    Sometimes the body needs a rest as well as the mind.
    We need to tune into both.
    Spoil yourself today

Fought the f**king demons and went for it.
    Power walked my way through the mood.
    Have Ben and jerrys to keep me company this evening guilt free!
    #don't give up fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Terrified of work tomorrow. Then have my first ever psych appointment on Wednesday. Gonna be a tough week.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

hey guys,

I'm 24 and ever since I can remember i have been anxious, the other things that i suffer from are constant sweating even when I'm at home and i go red any time that i meet someone new or when I'm talking to women. This all obliviously has had a negative effect on my life and i feel really down all the time, i don't know if i have depression but i probably do. I have never admitted any of this to my family and friends(the ones that i have left) because i feel that they will just say ah sure you will be grand and i don't want to talk to my local gp for the fear of it getting back to my family. If anyone has had a similar experience and has successful treatment can they tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Fought the f**king demons and went for it.
    Power walked my way through the mood.
    Have Ben and jerrys to keep me company this evening guilt free!
    #don't give up fight

Ben and Jerry - no better friends on a day like this!
    Fair play on the walk. You got further than me. Mind you, I did manage a shower

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement