Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Lonely night all round it seems. Pinkstars - you should probably talk to a doc, hopefully they could have a balanced view and weigh up the situation.

Handbagmad, I'm not sure how much you have to accept or love yourself to love someone else.. I mean I believe it a bit but looking at how people here for instance support each other and that's without having the foggiest of who they are talking to, I reckon human nature is more loving than people think.

I hear what you're saying grem and agree especially wit folk here and yourself brilliant for support and advice. Im just very questionable today

Bit philosophical I think. Humanity may be more loving, just baffles why good people are left on their own,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

handbagmad wrote: »
    I hear what you're saying grem and agree especially wit folk here and yourself brilliant for support and advice. Im just very questionable today

Bit philosophical I think. Humanity may be more loving, just baffles why good people are left on their own,

Get out of my head!! I'm always wondering stuff like that.. You like why greed gets some people everything they want and being honest gets you castigated say, since they are common enough found in the news..

Get out of my head!! I'm always wondering stuff like that.. You like why greed gets some people everything they want and being honest gets you castigated say, since they are common enough found in the news..

yes and why do some people get pleasure out of seeing others suffer. For example build them up and put on a pedistal to watch them crash

Why is it always the ones who seek to help others and seek love and honesty the ones to get the most **** thrown back in their faces
    A lot of questions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Right with you on that - I can be oversensitive to things I hear about on news involving someone innocent being hurt anyway.. I take way too much on board around the unfair things in the world. No wonder my brain never shuts up..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

noah45 wrote: »
    Happy Easter to all!!!
    David75 how are you doing today?

Much better thanks. I seem to get 4-6 days grand and then a big black one lands. It's cyclical. If that makes sense. I know it always passes but its horrible while you're under it.

• Advertisement

In a heap, my mind is spinning, nothing has happened in particular, just feeling very lost..

Ah well, it'll hopefully go soon, how is everyone else?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

In a heap, my mind is spinning, nothing has happened in particular, just feeling very lost..

Hope it passes soon there G.

I'm alright here, not great though but am getting by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

noah45 wrote: »
    Happy Easter to all!!!
    David75 how are you doing today?

Longtime sufferer with anxiety and panic attacks , myself and partner broke up today and she moved home to her mothers with 2 kids and i'm in bits here

Need to get my act together , un-employed , no social welfare because she earned a good bit etc

So i'm really down

Longtime sufferer with anxiety and panic attacks , myself and partner broke up today and she moved home to her mothers with 2 kids and i'm in bits here

Need to get my act together , un-employed , no social welfare because she earned a good bit etc

So i'm really down

Hang on in there man. Things might look bad right this second but given a bit of time things could very well improve.

If you can manage it, maybe talk to the citizen info crowd. The change in circumstances could allow for some form of social welfare.

So i'm really down

wow that's tough mate
    don't know what else to say.
    Keep posting here if you need too
    Thinking of you

• Advertisement

not too bad. Actually pushed myself to go for a good walk.
    I too am a bit lost trying to work out the answers to all my questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

handbagmad wrote: »
    wow that's tough mate
    don't know what else to say.
    Keep posting here if you need too
    Thinking of you

Ahh its been comming for a bit , just miss my kids so much

Need to get my act together , fitness , finance , anxiety wise , one positive generates more positivity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Surely it shouldn't be so hard to stay alive? Actually scratch that because I've not done much living today, just existing. I forced myself to cook an okayish meal because eating crap makes me so much worse and I almost started crying because of the effort it took to peel a ****ing potato. I'm so ****ing fed up of being sick, especially seeing how easily some people find it to be happy. It's not fair! I know life being unfair is a silly childish thing to rail at but I really don't care right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

one positive generates more positivity

That's a good way to look at it.

It will be hard going, but you can do it, you will get things together again. One thing at a time.

Long night at work ahead. Pain problem is kicking in.. Fun times, still it means I should sleep in morning ok.. It's very tiring..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

What do you work at? It's a job that you do at night but it's active. Hmmmm I better not guess what I'm thinking so are you a security gaurd? A lorry driver that lifts stuff? An atm theif? Wait, you're on a computer. Silly me, you're a night time hacker?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I've no history with anxiety but a very strange thing happened to me a month ago on a plane. I was thinking away and in my mind I started thinking what it would be like to keep remembering in my mind every time that i blink. very strange I know. but in my mind I started freaking out over that and I wasn't well for days. the anxiety moved onto focusing in on things like if I saw a symbol or a person I think of I cant stop thinking of that/them and fear it wont go out of my head.. so I went to a doctor and got a mild enough tablets because I have no history with anxiety. I don't take them everyday unless anxious.

A month later and I still have anxious feelings also weird/intrusive thoughts. Should I return to doctor? Would you recommend something to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Feeling very anxious at the moment. I plan on telling the doctor that I had previously intended to commit suicide. I had planned to tell him before but just couldn't say it or find the right words. Could anyone that's been in a similar situation give me some advice?

I'm going to say roughly the same thing to the two previous posters - write things down.. Dr bre, perhaps carry a notebook for a week and even just make a mark when you feel like your mind is getting anxious. It'll be a helpful record for both you and your doctor to work from..

Suas, I found myself unable to say certain things to either my doc or the psych team - sometimes it was the fear of their reaction but more often it was because I was nervous and just plain forgot.. So bringing a sheet of my thoughts and reactions to things helped me not to panic as much..

Hope this helps.

Ahh its been comming for a bit , just miss my kids so much

Need to get my act together , fitness , finance , anxiety wise , one positive generates more positivity

How are you getting on?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

Suas11 wrote: »
    Feeling very anxious at the moment. I plan on telling the doctor that I had previously intended to commit suicide. I had planned to tell him before but just couldn't say it or find the right words. Could anyone that's been in a similar situation give me some advice?
    I did find it hard to seek out help but one day I was so bad with depression and anxiety that I had to talk to someone and that was my GP, I just said that I was very depressed and anxious and needed his help and he is still giving that to this day. Good luck take a deep breath and just say what is upsetting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Hi everyone, I was on phone internet a lot over the long weekend so following everyone but not necessarily typing! Hope everyone is doing well.

Suas11 - hope you get to a doc. I know it's a very difficult thing to speak about, but remember it's a safe place and they are there to help you. My GP is an older gent and I was worried about telling him my anxiety story esp as I was there for something else too and didnt want to take too much time. I ended up just bursting into tears and even that helped. He took it very seriously and was concerned. My situation at the time was very much triggered by work stress but he took the time to go through other things with me - I think I was so upset he thought there was more to it.

I actually think what prompted me to say something was the fact that a few months earlier I was in the very same room, only with a nurse this time as I was going for a routine cervical check. Not the most pleasant experience, and as I was very stressed about work, money and a very sick relative I ended up crying my eyes out when it was all over cos the nurse was so nice to me - basically being in a safe space with a caring person made me feel like I could open up a bit. At the time my whole family was worried about lots of things and I guess I felt like I couldnt worry them even more. I didnt say much to the nurse, but kinda regretted that and made sure to say it to the doc the next time cos I felt safe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've actually been going to a mental health clinic for the past few months so they know that I've been depressed and have/had suicidal thoughts. They don't know that I had actually been planning to go ahead with it before and that's what I'm worried about telling them. You think it'd be easy once I've told them that I'm depressed but I still find it so difficult to say. I was afraid before that I might end up being institutionalised but I know now that it's very unlikely to happen but I still can't manage to get the words out. I just feel so scared about it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I'm not sure if keeping busy is helping elevate my mood or just distracting me and allowing me to ignore my emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi, can anyone help me deal with anticipation anxiety? I freeze up always in places I have had panic attacks before its as if all my muscles tense up and i'm on high alert and then I have to run...or I act weird...

Absolutely drained today mentally and physically today.

Mrs grumpy myself :(

Went drinking yesterday, how very productive, oh well pack in everything in over next few days then i'm away for a week..

Went drinking yesterday, how very productive, oh well pack in everything in over next few days then i'm away for a week..

Do you find that alcohol affects your depression? I can't have two Kopparbergs without the mood crashing down afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Do you find that alcohol affects your depression? I can't have two Kopparbergs without the mood crashing down afterwards
    me too. Dunno if its more the hangover effect. I can't drink much anyway but feel bad the next day if I'm not 100%. I think that might be a cycle with me - I had a really productive day in work on Tues despite having some wine on Mon, was so distracted I forgot to beat myself up over boozing

• Advertisement

stinkle wrote: »
    me too. Dunno if its more the hangover effect. I can't drink much anyway but feel bad the next day if I'm not 100%. I think that might be a cycle with me - I had a really productive day in work on Tues despite having some wine on Mon, was so distracted I forgot to beat myself up over boozing

I'm not much of a drinker either but it's frustrating that when I actually do drink that it affects me so.

Do you find being busy in work is usually distracting you from troubles or stressing you out more?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement