Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

- Weathers been nice, can head out for walks in the sun without getting soaked or blown away
    - only a few days till I get to open my Easter egg :)

Hope your getting on alright, plenty more fishies in that big sea & ye never know a certain fish might swim back

Some warmer weather and stuffing our faces with chocolate, I suppose we can't ask for too much more than that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Got dumped tonight. :(

Sorry to hear that WFY :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've had the two extreme extremes over the last two weeks or so. Both I ended up getting myself out one night (after talking to nobody at all bar my mam during the week) and with the help of ecstasy, for the first time since I was in my teens, rediscovered my personality, the funny me, the one people want to be around, the cheeky gurrier. Also connected with people more now.

But as some might have seen I've also had the near-unbearable paralysis and tension, doom-feeling, pass me the rope hell.

I am somewhat on edge but have been basking in the memories of my last two nights out which has giving me some comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Got a wave of sudden dread and panic this morning. Wish it would just **** off

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm busy writing out most of my phone contacts, boring boring but keeping me from goin high or crashing at the minute..
    Trying to steer clear of too much caffeine and sugar as I often get the munchies when it's late and no one around to talk to.. Don't need anymore weight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

bout when we first stared going out with girls/boys I'd have been about 16 ish, I can remember that if it lasted over a week it was serious,, and over two weeks got you the status of Going Steady lol Looking back at it I can see we weren't looking for relationships at all, we just had to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Crazy Compatability all the other things were out of the window, and "We Knew Everything" then. Now I know less and less about more and more

ooops I meant to ask, Gremlinterria said she'd be on here latr last night to chat, does thjat mean skype or something, or pming back and for

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

colrow wrote: »
    bout when we first stared going out with girls/boys I'd have been about 16 ish, I can remember that if it lasted over a week it was serious,, and over two weeks got you the status of Going Steady lol Looking back at it I can see we weren't looking for relationships at all, we just had to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Crazy Compatability all the other things were out of the window, and "We Knew Everything" then. Now I know less and less about more and more

ooops I meant to ask, Gremlinterria said she'd be on here latr last night to chat, does thjat mean skype or something, or pming back and for

Pm since I was workin all night.

Remember the days of the schoolyard fortnight special on relationships - even then I wasn't involved, oh dear..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

ol thanks for the info.

I am so glad thdat my relationship has ended, it was really toxic, my oh was a very domineering woman, but it ended up with me having no freedom of thought, everything in the house and the small holding had to be done her way, so as I was worn down by this process, I ended up putting no input to anything, and its my property lol I do get feelings of sadness and maybe it'll work if we try again, I know it won't, I looked into why I left it until the pain was unbearable, and I have to own up cto fear of the unknown, can I cope on my own etc stopped me. I was a single parent of three kids, and it was after theyd flown away, my life became empty, there was no-one who needed me, except of course there was someone, and that was me, ................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Finally made an appointment with my doctor. Still no guarantee I'll go.
    But it's the first tiny step.

Definitely go anyway. I know it's daunting, you're just not sure what will happen but the doctor has dealt with all kinds of situations similar and otherwise to you. They wont be shocked with anything you say or look at you strangely. Just tell your story and they'll offer advice, you can discuss what to do from there. After you'll be delighted you went and wonder what you were worrying about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Definitely go anyway. I know it's daunting, you're just not sure what will happen but the doctor has dealt with all kinds of situations similar and otherwise to you. They wont be shocked with anything you say or look at you strangely. Just tell your story and they'll offer advice, you can discuss what to do from there. After you'll be delighted you went and wonder what you were worrying about.

Thanks, I'll try. I've never said it to anyone out loud before. It doesn't feel real

phi3 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try. I've never said it to anyone out loud before. It doesn't feel real

Saying it could take a huge weight off your shoulders. Hopefully they're a really nice doctor. It's all about the steps, going to the Doctors is a huge one and hopefully you'll make even more giant leaps afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi all. Well after a mentally exhausting 2 weeks with chronic anxiety I'm back to the psych doctor in the morning. I'm back on mirtazapine 1 week. I think the psych doc is adding in seroquel during the day time (I'm already on it at night) seeing as it knocks out my anxiety so fingers crossed. My mood is good otherwise, I'm not depressed just this generalised anxiety disorder of mine rearing its ugly head. Don't know where I have pulled the strength from to keep going the last few weeks its been like climbing a mountain and looking after 3 young kids at the same time, being mammy coupled with being an anxious wreck from morning to night. Anyway I'm still here, I'm alive and I'm fighting this. Had session with psychologist today who tells me on top of my anxiety disorder I also have obsessive tendencies, great stuff :eek:
    Swear to God its been brutal from morning to night anxiety, brain not switching off and thoughts racing, when my husband tells me hes off to work early in the morning my stomach churns at the thought of being alone but there you have it. hopefully the extra seroquel helps me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mister_Happy

lukesmom wrote: »
    Hi all. Well after a mentally exhausting 2 weeks with chronic anxiety I'm back to the psych doctor in the morning. I'm back on mirtazapine 1 week. I think the psych doc is adding in seroquel during the day time (I'm already on it at night) seeing as it knocks out my anxiety so fingers crossed. My mood is good otherwise, I'm not depressed just this generalised anxiety disorder of mine rearing its ugly head. Don't know where I have pulled the strength from to keep going the last few weeks its been like climbing a mountain and looking after 3 young kids at the same time, being mammy coupled with being an anxious wreck from morning to night. Anyway I'm still here, I'm alive and I'm fighting this. Had session with psychologist today who tells me on top of my anxiety disorder I also have obsessive tendencies, great stuff :eek:
    Swear to God its been brutal from morning to night anxiety, brain not switching off and thoughts racing, when my husband tells me hes off to work early in the morning my stomach churns at the thought of being alone but there you have it. hopefully the extra seroquel helps me:)

'Anyway I'm still here, I'm alive and I'm fighting this' - Great line. From the above post Your kicking it's ar*e.
    You should say that to yourself every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Word to the wise...be careful who you talk to online. not from this site i may add

I knew there was something holding me back from meeting him.

Excuse my French.... But what a prick.
    Better off on my own.
    Will take someone very special to change that!!!
    Trying to keep in positive frame of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

lukesmom wrote: »

Struggling big time, am on 300 mg effexor, doc stopped 300mg zyban (wellbutrin) over the last week and started me on mirtazapine 2 days ago along with seroquel at night. I am barely functioning and sleep in the afternoons. Thankfully am on hols for 2 weeks. Mood is absolutely dreadful I feel dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Been really up for the past two weeks and been okay-ish for a while now but I'm on the verge of a spectacular come down, I can feel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Markhor

I've been reading these threads concerning depression and anxiety etc. and think that medication from doctors or narcotics are not a long term solution.

Many of the causes of depression and anxiety are the result of having too much time on ones hands and not knowing what to do with it. Sitting down and thinking about this, that and the other and worrying unnecessarily about matters.

If the mind and body are involved in hard physical activities then one has little time for over thinking which can cause both anxiety and consequent depression.
    Many years ago depression was less of a problem in the population because people were much more active than they are today, sedentary lifestyle seems to be the norm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really need to find another solution than this, another night in A&E isn't fun.

Markhor wrote: »
    I've been reading these threads concerning depression and anxiety etc. and think that medication from doctors or narcotics are not a long term solution.

Many of the causes of depression and anxiety are the result of having too much time on ones hands and not knowing what to do with it. Sitting down and thinking about this, that and the other and worrying unnecessarily about matters.

If the mind and body are involved in hard physical activities then one has little time for over thinking which can cause both anxiety and consequent depression.
    Many years ago depression was less of a problem in the population because people were much more active than they are today, sedentary lifestyle seems to be the norm now.

You haven't a clue what you are talking about. Yes being active can help a bit but it is often a chemical imbalance which causes mental illness. Its nowhere near as straightforward as you say and is a major insult to myself and others on this thread who suffer with all sorts of different disorders and mental illnesses, for you to say that more activity would prevent them occuring, that is simply untrue.:mad:

• Advertisement

noah45 wrote: »
    Struggling big time, am on 300 mg effexor, doc stopped 300mg zyban (wellbutrin) over the last week and started me on mirtazapine 2 days ago along with seroquel at night. I am barely functioning and sleep in the afternoons. Thankfully am on hols for 2 weeks. Mood is absolutely dreadful I feel dead.

Hey sorry to hear your not feeling so well. Give the mirtazapine a couple of weeks its a great medication. I also take it along with cymbalta which is an snri like the effexor you take. I too take seroquel at night and the doctor has just added it in in the morning time and its doing the trick to kill the setback ive had the past two weeks. Hang in there.

cloud493

The solution is within yourself with the aid of your family and friends, not in A&E.

Change your own behaviour gradually by being active and altering your outlook on your situation by degrees. It may not be accomplished instantly but by a process over time.

Lukesmom

How could you be right when taking a cocktail of drugs, most of those mind altering drugs given out as medication are more destructive to proper brain function that the medical profession would have you believe.

Are you the same person that was talking crap about all this a few days ago?

Things have been disastrous for me since I went off drugs a few weeks ago, maybe it's a coincidence but my mood has gone way down, everything has got more difficult and my girlfriend has left me. I don't know what to do.

Yes I'l just forget about the 9 stitches in my arm and ask my non existent friends/family for help. Thanks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Its not as simple as this! If it were then we'd all be fine. Dep
    ression takes control of your life and its nearly impossible to take control of the depression

I did not say over-coming depression or anxiety is easy, if you read the post, you
    will observe that I stated, it is a process and takes time.

Occupation of the mind and body together are the solutions.

Idleness, sitting down and mulling over things creates the anxiety and depression in the first place.

If depressed people want to improve their mental condition without
    the recourse to drugs, then they must take action and try and get control of their own lives by getting involved in work or activities which take their mind off their
    irrational and unfounded fears.

Cloud493

I am sorry to hear your arm was injured. If you have no friends or family that is a sad situation
    but is reversible because the world is full of people and if you seek friends you will find them.

There are probably plenty of people on this forum who would be very happy to be your friend,
    you just have to reach out a little and usually people will respond.

Yeah alright :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Lukesmom

How could you be right when taking a cocktail of drugs, most of those mind altering drugs given out as medication are more destructive to proper brain function that the medical profession would have you believe.

Markhor,

Do not post in this manner on this thread again. You are not qualified to assess the severity of posters illness or to advise on prescription medications, and some of the posters here are very vulnerable and very unwell.

If you post in this manner again, you will be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement