Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

This is turning out to be a long, long night. Hows everyone else doing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will be starting counselling soon.. Terrified of how it will go but have to start talking before something stupid happens. Looking at changing my location on paper to get better care too. But i have less than zero motivation.. Frustration :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I kind of have to knock hurting(self harming, but I hate that word) on the head. Bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bigjacklad

Hello... how is everyone today ?? I am feeling slightly better...making some improvement... slow but steady... I dont want very much... just to lose the anxiety and fear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

this is too ****ing hard. i just dont care anymore no point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

ashblag wrote: »
    this is too ****ing hard. i just dont care anymore no point

What's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bigjacklad

U ok ASH ??

im finding this battel really hard im still waiting on a pysc appointment 4 weeks now.
    im just tired of fighting ill find the energy to go back to gp tomorrow and try get more help. my meds seem to be not doing anything for me.
    i look like ive aged 10 years in the last 3months

gonna be a long night...............

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope it wasn't too long ashblag, ihad a few beers so got some sleep, been awake since five though, **** it.. Internet and tea - the excitement

By the way - has anyone heard from Jammstar?. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 rg1265

I only recently discovered I have social anxiety. In one sense it is a relief because I know other people are going through the same thing, but in another it only makes me more anxious because I know that now that I know what it is I should go and do something about it. The very thought of approaching people about my problem is terrifying; I have a hard enough time having a casual conversation with strangers, never mind revealing something so deep about myself. It's kind of catch-22, I know I won't get better unless I get help from a professional, but my conditions makes it impossible for me to get help. For those of you who have been in therapy, how did you work up the courage to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

Hope it wasn't too long ashblag, ihad a few beers so got some sleep, been awake since five though, **** it.. Internet and tea - the excitement

By the way - has anyone heard from Jammstar?. :confused:

I just checked.. account has been closed, I can't reply to the last PM. . . should I worry?

I know I'm not a regular here, but I think it will do me some good to try and post here more. I've already said the basics. Since my last post, my meds have been upped again but I'm not convinced they're doing the job. Considering counselling still but unsure about it altogether. I went to see my doc but he wasn't there, I had some other guy. I'll have a chat with him again the next day.
    I'm having a good day. On edge though.... very happy as we have just finished painting our bedroom, the stress of doing up my house has been triggering crazy moods and highlighting my lack of concentration. Sort of still waiting for my mood to drop which I know isn't good but I can't help it.
    I've been dreaming lots of going back to school... anyone know what that means?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Havnt been on here in a while , but I am so stressed and anxious at moment.
    Had more shoulder injections last week and was sick from work. Got sent home again today but work is stressing me out. My supervisor is pressuring me to be trained on things is piling projects on me and gave me a crap review. I've only been there 4 months and I don't feel my training has been good.
    I think about work constantly. I'm also worrying about being sick so much. I got 20 minutes sleep last night.
    I feel like my team is getting fed up of my shoulder injury.
    Also I've started getting clingy with other half, and he's told me to back off a bit.
    I'm moving house again soon, and I can't lift anything so feeling so frustrated.
    Normally im so active but on Sunday I went for a 20 minute walk and came back jn tears because jt hurt so much.
    I'm thinking of doing an evening course , in cooking or something but stressing about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I can feel the beginnings of an attack coming on. I have a ten-hour flight in a bit so I know that's the springboard.

Any advice? My trusted breathing exercises aren't helping much.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

ok. just try relax for a bit - maybe if you're getting clingy then you need to spend some time clearing your head a bit so you don't become too dependent on the relationship.
    Is your boss completely unapproachable, or could you have a chat? that might be a bit daunting but ultimately productive & rewarding hopefully.
    Maybe more regular small walks could be helpful. I find that helps me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

da_shivsta wrote: »
    ok. just try relax for a bit - maybe if you're getting clingy then you need to spend some time clearing your head a bit so you don't become too dependent on the relationship.
    Is your boss completely unapproachable, or could you have a chat? that might be a bit daunting but ultimately productive & rewarding hopefully.
    Maybe more regular small walks could be helpful. I find that helps me.
    my boss is a complete cow, and im not the only person to say that. Totally unapproachable and scary.
    I'm thinking the evening course could be what I need to stop me being clingy. It would get me out the house, although its gonna take some working up of the courage.

have emergency appt wednesday. dont know what to expect. dont know if i can open up. we'll see

Hope it goes well for you Ashblag - i think the fact that opening your mouth to seek help means you're more likely to talk given the opportunity to. Have to say my first app wasn't great - but on thinking about it i may have been expecting a full on miracle! Just make sure and get your point across it'll be hard get the first word out but then the rest will come..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Good luck tomorrow ashblag x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hope it goes well for you Ashblag - i think the fact that opening your mouth to seek help means you're more likely to talk given the opportunity to. Have to say my first app wasn't great - but on thinking about it i may have been expecting a full on miracle! Just make sure and get your point across it'll be hard get the first word out but then the rest will come..

Hi, Grem,

If I could get together with you all, I would sing for you my favourite song, which is
    Dont Worry, Be Happy

Now, if you think this is a funny song, you will think it hilarious when I will be singing it, mostly because, well, most of my front teeth fell out, due to to complications with my diabetes and, well, they tell me I look funny before I open my mouth at all. My daughters birthday party on saturday week and I just that they'll want me to sing on stage,OMG, so I better starting practising.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Doc started me on Cipramil for depression and anxiety a few days ago, I think it's making the anxiety worse and making me feel sick, had a real bad episode yesterday. Think I need to call/go see them this morning again as I don't think it's agreeing with me.

Anyone else reacted like this to anti-depressants?

Starting/finishing meds can be pretty rough...best to call your doc and have a chat with them about it.

Good luck Ash! We're thinking of you.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

G-Money wrote: »
    Doc started me on Cipramil for depression and anxiety a few days ago, I think it's making the anxiety worse and making me feel sick, had a real bad episode yesterday. Think I need to call/go see them this morning again as I don't think it's agreeing with me.

Anyone else reacted like this to anti-depressants?

If you don't think they're agreeing with you, it might be best to chat to your doctor. There's always side effects when you start taking an anti-depressant though, so there's a chance that it's just that too. I was put on Cipramil first, and I remember I nearly fainted in one of my lectures the day I started taking them 'cause it sent my head all spinny. A friend of mine found it really good though.

Pretty much what you guys said, the doc said these side effects are normal with most anti-depressants when treating anxiety. Was told to decrease the dosage for 4 or 5 days then go back up to the normal dosage again, so will see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

God, feeling depressed today. Couldn't get out for a walk at lunch time so just sitting at my desk. It feels like the whole world is going on around me and I'm just sitting still in the middle of it all. Like I can't jump on to this moving object even if I wanted to.

I'm at home today - couldn't face the world. I keep thinking, why is everything moving so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I'd love to stay home and hide but I'm too scared of phone calls to call in sick.

Couldn't face going in today either. Slept really badly last night, was all stressed this morning.

had my psch appt this morning was hard and drained now. have a letter to give my gp do i have the right to open it. i want to see whats written in it.
    adding a new tablet to my meds.
    have another appt next weel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

ashblag wrote: »
    had my psch appt this morning was hard and drained now. have a letter to give my gp do i have the right to open it. i want to see whats written in it.
    adding a new tablet to my meds.
    have another appt next weel
    No, you shouldnt open it. Best of luck, things will get better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement