Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Headhog

My GP contacted me today after the fiasco I had with the psychiatrist last Monday. She told me to follow their advice. It will be worth it. What advice lol? They didn't give me any advice they just referred me back to the GP. I'm gonna look for another doctor, at least for a second opinion. Anyone know of a good GP in the city centre that has experience with depression and anxiety?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've been Effexor now for a few months and it's stopped my little man downstairs working,was at the doctors yesterday getting more tabs and i asked was this normal,Talk about embarrassing.:o

I've been Effexor now for a few months and it's stopped my little man downstairs working,was at the doctors yesterday getting more tabs and i asked was this normal,Talk about embarrassing.:o

Yep. Pretty lousy side effect eh? Ask your doc about other side effects make sure they give you all the info on Effexor including withdrawals should the day come you decide to stop taking them. Most people have pretty nasty withdrawls from them. Also inform yourself about them before going to your doc and ask questions about them. Some doctors seem oblivious to side effects unfortunately. I'll never take anything again without fully researching it after my experience getting off Effexor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

does anyone on here have any experiences with zisprin? i feel really rank since the doseage was upped to 45mglast week .
    nausea,aches and pains just generally feeling ****e and no energy.
    I will ring nurse monday and ask but I really dont want to take it anymore.
    Is this just till my body gets used to it I wonder.

Went for a second opinion today from a different doctor. She just wanted to refer me to the same place I was already sent to who did nothing. Its hilarious doctors in this country just want to refer someone with a difficult problem elsewhere so they don't have to deal with it. I was sitting in the surgery and the doctor actually had the money from previous patients all piled up on the desk. I refused to pay her especially since she wanted to prescribe me the same medicine that I had become addicted to and wasn't working. So I just walked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

ashblag wrote: »
    does anyone on here have any experiences with zisprin? i feel really rank since the doseage was upped to 45mglast week .

Couldn't move on zispin. became a blob on the couch. went from my bed to the couch and back - that was it. cried all the time. Didn't want to do anything but sleep. The difference when I changed was amazing. Some meds just don't suit some people

neemish wrote: »
    Couldn't move on zispin. became a blob on the couch. went from my bed to the couch and back - that was it. cried all the time. Didn't want to do anything but sleep. The difference when I changed was amazing. Some meds just don't suit some people

What did you change to?

yeah sort of like that. im also on 20mg lexapro. I just dont feel right at all. I'll go back to gp monday

Definitely. there's no point in being miserable with meds. Lexapro gave me restless legs all over - took me hours to relax my muscles enough to sleep

Headhog wrote: »
    What did you change to?

Cymbalta. Find it great - the only thing I wonder is if it affects my concentration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hi there,

I've been on these for almost a year now, started on 15mgs, then my gp decided to up the dose to 30mg at the end of April....that worked for about six weeks....was sleeping fantastic & was calmer....since may I am wound up & agitated to the point I had to get sleepers the other day :mad:

I suppose the main thing to take away is that meds effect everyone differently....for me they only worked short-term....I would not go off the meds until you talk to your doc first, they know best & you generally need to be weaned of any tabs etc

Best of luck

Candy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

This is actually the only antidepressant that I can tolerate-just shows how different we all are I suppose. It took a dose of 60mg to get me out of a very dark place. Lower doses are supposed to be more sedating, and the initial phase of utter zombification that I experienced when I started it faded after a couple of weeks. Still, upping the dose to 60mg has really zapped a lot of my energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Really really down the past few days :(

cloud493 wrote: »

Why what's going on with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well, apart from just generally being sad, since I hate the word depression :mad: my brother came over this week, with his fiance. Not only is she pretty, she's also very nice, smart, all that. And they were all over each other.

And my mums got a nice boyfriend too, she's 50 years old for gods sake. Not that I'm not happy for her, but, you know.

And then there's just me. Still alone. Well, I have my little sister. God knows, I love her more than life itself, but, its just not the same. She tries hard, bless her little heart, but I don't expect like, that from her. She should be with people her own age, she's actually to said to me she needs to make sure I'm happy :confused:

But you know, its not the same. I'm just alone, and it is disheartening, to see everyone else I know happy. Even if they're not in relationships, they have friendship groups. And while everyone else is out having another cool saturday night, I'm sitting here watching waterloo road and drinking tea. It is disheartening.

3 weeks of no hurting now I think. Not sure if worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

3 weeks of no hurting now I think. Not sure if worth it.

Cloud, that's amazing. You should be really proud of yourself:)

cloud hope your ok and safe. down and suffering too. im coming to the conclusion pumping myself with these so called anti-depressants is doing more harm than good....

hmm no sleep wide awake.:mad: frustrated beyond believe.
    im sorry actually everytime i come on here im giving out or moaning about meself. im never one to be giving advise. im useless

hmm no sleep wide awake.:mad: frustrated beyond believe.
    im sorry actually everytime i come on here im giving out or moaning about meself. im never one to be giving advise. im useless

Don't be so hard on yourself insomnia is hell. Its such a vicious cycle the more you don't sleep the more you convince yourself you won't sleep and your body gets completely out of whack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Because I've moved to the other end of the county it's not really viable for me to see my own gp except in pre-arranged appointments on the weekends. So I've to see a new gp to have someone close by in case of an emergency. Not looking forward to this tbh, I find it hard to open up to people. I've a lot of health issues along with my depression & anxiety - things could change rapidly (bad asthma also) so I need someone I can trust. I'm seeing someone on Tuesday close by to work. Really don't know how to approach it. It was on the advice of my new therapist that I'm doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Hey has anyone here ever suffered with balance problems caused by anxiety??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have suffered with this - sometimes i look slightly drunk - if the stress levels are high then i tend to lean to one side or the other. After my first therapy session i had to sit on a wall for a while. :o

I have suffered with this - sometimes i look slightly drunk - if the stress levels are high then i tend to lean to one side or the other. After my first therapy session i had to sit on a wall for a while. :o

I have it 3 months now and after numerous trips to docs, brain scans, eye tests and tablets for balance etc its still there. It gets much worse in shops and comes and goes. Its cracking me up. I never suffered with anxiety before but im thinking that it has to be anxiety causing it. Also feel pretty crap with plenty of headaches :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Keep going the doctors, i'm sure mine is stress related as that is when it shows up, are you keeping a notebook/ symptoms diary? Very useful when you're seeing various different doctors etc. It might show some pattern that might help you get to the bottom of it..

No i havent been keeping a diary as i was sure it was ear infection or something causing the off balance and the docs were telling me a viral infection for the first month. Then the brain scan was all clear except for sinusitis which can cause off balance too. But now im convinced its anxiety. I even woke up grinding my teeth last week :( Its destroying my once active life as i now just struggle through work and dont want to do anything else as i feel off balance and pretty crap in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I feel the same actually. I'm always willing to rant here but am never able to offer any good advice to anyone.

Woke up today feeling extremely shít. Came from nowhere. Don't wanna get up now. Make-or-break point is fast approaching and it's kinda terrifying. Things could work out but if they don't.......I really don't know. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Am a bit of a grumpster today. I had a panic attack when I was in the city today. Out of nowhere :(

Hersheys wrote: »
    Am a bit of a grumpster today. I had a panic attack when I was in the city today. Out of nowhere :(

I know the feeling. I just went to the supermarket and had a panic attack in the queue so I just left the shopping there I had to leave. Its an awful feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Having such a bad few weeks at the minute. Bad thoughts have been coming back... what's worse is I thought I'd stopped hating myself so much, but now it would seem like I'm back to square 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Hey, I'm just leaving this here. If anyone wants to get anything off their chest in a PM, please feel free. I've had a very difficult few weeks and without the kindness of strangers I would have been very stuck. So, I suffered with deep depression and currently have mild depression. I've had anxiety, panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias, you name it. I've had counselling and CBT so feel stronger but I know that I just have to focus on each moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement