Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I just said it was confidential and I didn't really want to talk about it
    She was on at me daily to give up anti depressants and I eventually gave in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I just said it was confidential and I didn't really want to talk about it
    She was on at me daily to give up anti depressants and I eventually gave in

It often happens that family members will try undermine a person'ss treatment. I don't know if that applies to you, but maybe it is something to talk to your therapist about. Also if you are on meds, you don't have to let anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well I won't be telling her again
    If ever I needed to talk to my counsillor it's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Well I won't be telling her again
    If ever I needed to talk to my counsillor it's now.

Maybe that may change, but your therapy needs to be your space to speak freely. Also it up to you if you want to inform people about it. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Keep going through huge bursts of sadness. Kinda relieved that it's not the inertia of being depressed but it's slightly uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

neemish wrote: »
    Fair play for both giving yourself a chance and setting a limit to how far you'll let things go. When I'm in a bad state, I turn into the most indecisive person and find it hard to make any decisions.

you deserve better than to feel like this

I was being indecisive, so I left it to my wife and psychiatrist to work it out. :P

Hmmm... just realised I haven't taken meds all week. No wonder I feel miserable:(

Hmmm... just realised I haven't taken meds all week. No wonder I feel miserable:(

Bold!

I don't know how I do it. If i get out of the routine at all I'm in trouble. Have spent the last 48 hours wondering why I'm teary, feeling nauseous, dizzy etc. Sure I'm probably in withdrawal.

Anyway, gave it an auld kickstart this morning and hopefully by monday I'll be back in business.

I don't know how I do it. If i get out of the routine at all I'm in trouble. Have spent the last 48 hours wondering why I'm teary, feeling nauseous, dizzy etc. Sure I'm probably in withdrawal.

Anyway, gave it an auld kickstart this morning and hopefully by monday I'll be back in business.

I'm lucky in that if I forget my Trileptal the previous night I'll spend the next day completely out of it and woozy. It makes it pretty clear that I've forgotten them (or had my drink spiked at home :P).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Couldn't afford to get my script for venlafaxine filled until today,so I was taking citalopram (to stave off withdrawals) that I had left over from when I was switched to venlafaxine,feel much more alert then I have in ages and slept better all week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emotioncu

Depression is such a lonely illness, don't think i can live like this anymore, everyday so lonely and the feeling of emptiness and sadness - why go on ??? :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Emotioncu wrote: »
    Depression is such a lonely illness, don't think i can live like this anymore, everyday so lonely and the feeling of emptiness and sadness - why go on ??? :confused::(

it is a lonely illness and i have those feelings to but you have to go on this is an illness but you will beat it, it will take time and i know its very frustrating the anxiety part of the illness cripples me, and i go to bed thinking i am sick and tired of fighting this rubbish, my medication is not working and i have been on so many i feel like a guinea pig for the doctors and no one understands what i feel like on a daily basis i cannot even do the basics that a woman does like go shopping, cook a dinner, clean my house, i feel like a failure to my kids and my husband as before i had my relapse i was able to do all these things all i can say is hold on in there and speak to your doctor on how you are feeling.

Are you currently on medication???

Yes I am on medication but it doesn't seem to work and doctors don't seem to do anything - feeling alot worst in myself lately - no motivation, really lonely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cos its worth it isn't it.

Doesn't feel worth it at the moment :(

Doesn't feel worth it at the moment :(

As I've said on this thread before, the night is darkest just before the dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Yes I am on medication but it doesn't seem to work and doctors don't seem to do anything - feeling alot worst in myself lately - no motivation, really lonely :(

Maybe its worth going to see your doctor again and telling him the way you feel and that you feel the medication is not working there are lots of different medication out there its just a matter of finding the right one for you some work differently on others.

I have had to try 9 different tablets so far in the last four months and i am still quiet not there as i have up and down days and some days my anxiety is so high i cannot tolerate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Found my diary from when I was 16. It's not nice looking back at the horrible things I'd written about myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Cos its worth it isn't it.

Just like L'Oreal;)

Doing ok this week, I've been up and down be generally ok.
    I'm starting a six week training program for a chairty fight night with work so am looking really forward to that, it's three sessions a week which is a biggish commitment but something new to try and get into. Maybe it's a bit ironic but it's to raise money for Headstrong.

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Just like L'Oreal;)

Doing ok this week, I've been up and down be generally ok.
    I'm starting a six week training program for a chairty fight night with work so am looking really forward to that, it's three sessions a week which is a biggish commitment but something new to try and get into. Maybe it's a bit ironic but it's to raise money for Headstrong.

Hey, you're totally worth it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

We all are, we just don't realise it most of the time Nesf.

How are you getting on?

Gillo wrote: »
    We all are, we just don't realise it most of the time Nesf.

How are you getting on?

Woke up in *really* good form, sad and miserable by now tonight. Ah well.

Not having the best time right now, but still here, so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Not a good day today. :(

Generally hate Sundays anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

havnt droped into this thread in a good while, partly because i feel 'cured' and partly because im worried if i read negative stuff it would affect me, feeling normal i guess of late, only thing is tiredness, mood ok and feeling generally ok, started looking for full time work recently

thoughts and prayers are with you all keep the faith

Decided to combat the urges to self harm with some distraction. So bought myself a boxset of Beethoven's String Quartets and am immersing myself in them right now (the Emerson Quartet for those interested in such).

This, it turns out, was a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

not good at all lately..manic and all over the place. I keep picking up infections one after an other. So I guess im just really run down. Im not even crying or able to get upset just existing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

UP and down lately but I'm coping ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Why does every ****ing thing I touch turn to sh!t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement