Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

jbyrne10 wrote: »
    Ya wanna talk about it?
    John:cool:

Cheers John, Just needed to have a bit of a moan :o
    phi3 wrote: »
    I went a coupla times last week and I thought it was helping but today was a disaster.

Sounds bad. I found their real life meetings can range to from very helpful to agitating depending on who is attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

why disaster ? I just feel you don't get much help, hard to type fast. good for saying/typing how you feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I think it was the facilitators. They weren't saying much and stuff. No feedback from anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

hi jammstarr,

I am on my sixth bacardi and the words are dancing on my screen now. Its funny, I dont usually look at the location of the member that is posting. But I must acquire enhanced vision with a few drinks on me. Anyhoo, I noticed the name of the place where you are located, and, would you believe that my next door neighbour and very good friend is from the same place as you. I think I said enough already. I will say goodnight to you and all the boardsies. I hope all the words are in the right place.
    John:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've started to ruminate, not good. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Heading backwards again. :( Having to ration my Efexor and take it less frequently is proving to be a bit of an ordeal. Am having a lot of problems sleeping; last night I was so overtired that I just could not sleep. Which has left me feeling quite shitty right now.

Back home in less than two weeks and immediately a trip to the GP will be on the agenda.

Starting to freak out every time my boss comes near me. Work is stressful at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Doing ok atm but the headaches I'm getting are unbearable. Not even Ixprim will work when I get a bad one.

I'm feeling a bit run down the last few days which has made me a bit more panicky and susceptible to bad emotions.

Hope ye're all doing ok :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

jammstarr wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit run down the last few days which has made me a bit more panicky and susceptible to bad emotions.

Hope ye're all doing ok :o

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be ok.
    John:):)

• Advertisement

jbyrne10 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be ok.
    John:):)

I'm alright now thanks. Just annoying me as it's happening more and more lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Don't know what's up with me the last little while. when I have a boyfriend I'm usually rarely down, because it's like someone likes me, but it doesn't seem to be holding me up. I couldn't bring myself to go for a walk earlier, not feeling lazy, just didn't want to do it. don't feel like doing anything. couldn't be bothered watching the stuff I usually do. think i'm bored with everything.

had my fourth session today. still have a good feeling to it, ready to start going places with it now. starting out with a plan next week, to pin point exactly what I want to change. she said i'm confusing, cause I want to stop worrying but I don't want to stop worrying. worrying is my way of catching out the ****ty things before they happen, but I wish I could just relax too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Definitely in an upswing. Hopefully it lasts a good long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Hi guys would it possible for me to join this forum not feeling great at the moment :confused::confused::confused::confused:

pejay wrote: »
    Hi guys would it possible for me to join this forum not feeling great at the moment :confused::confused::confused::confused:

We let everyone in! What's up?

i was recently diagnosed bipolar after being treated for 12 years for depression, waiting on CBT but things are so hard at the moment without boring anyone i was reffered to psyciatry 3 months ago after being put on yet another anti depressant lustral that sent me manic, so i was given a quick comedown with serequel.I was started of slowly and put onto homebase with nurses coming into the house, that was fine had some side effects but was doing ok doc then increased serequel to 275mg started feeling palpitations putting on weight and was panicking all the time, any way went for an ecg as i was afraid to excercise incase i had heart attack so my GP did a ECG to put my mind at rest and that there was nothing wrong with my heart only it came back that my heart was irregular as a result of the serequel so my doc decreased me of them with a view to stopping them.

Last week was really rough like i was cold turkey, so i went from being on 275mg to right now i am 25mg.Seen my psychitric doc today who has changed me to a new med called Abilify which also is a mood stabiliser but is less effective on the heart.

To say i am totally panicking i feel so upset that the last 3 months was a waste and a bit optimistic that these wont work either as i do worry about effects new meds have on me i am just wondering has anyone tried the med Abilify and what do they think of it. Thanks Guys for listening

i was recently diagnosed bipolar after being treated for 12 years for depression, waiting on CBT but things are so hard at the moment without boring anyone i was reffered to psyciatry 3 months ago after being put on yet another anti depressant lustral that sent me manic, so i was given a quick comedown with serequel.I was started of slowly and put onto homebase with nurses coming into the house, that was fine had some side effects but was doing ok doc then increased serequel to 275mg started feeling palpitations putting on weight and was panicking all the time, any way went for an ecg as i was afraid to excercise incase i had heart attack so my GP did a ECG to put my mind at rest and that there was nothing wrong with my heart only it came back that my heart was irregular as a result of the serequel so my doc decreased me of them with a view to stopping them.

Last week was really rough like i was cold turkey, so i went from being on 275mg to right now i am 25mg.Seen my psychitric doc today who has changed me to a new med called Abilify which also is a mood stabiliser but is less effective on the heart.

To say i am totally panicking i feel so upset that the last 3 months was a waste and a bit optimistic that these wont work either as i do worry about effects new meds have on me i am just wondering has anyone tried the med Abilify and what do they think of it. Thanks Guys for listening

EXCUSE SPELLING MISTAKES

Feel free to post as often as you need to :)

jammstarr wrote: »
    Feel free to post as often as you need to :)
    Ah thanks everyone its nice to know we are not alone i know i will be awake all night now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm feeling very teary now, and I've no idea why. it's like a pms day, but it's not that. wtf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm supposed to go on a trip abroad today but my stupid head is making me want to stay at home. I've done this before. A couple of years ago I had a trip to the US all booked and paid for and at the last minute, I decided not to go, even though I couldn't get any of the money back. Same thing is about to happen today. I still remember back then after the fact sort of kicking myself for doing it, but even with that in mind, I'm still thinking of doing it again.

I don't know what it is. It's like any time I make any sort of plans, when the time comes I just don't want to do it. I usually go along to nights out if I agree that I will go, but quite often I rarely commit to things, that way if I decide not to go, it doesn't matter.

Even this trip away, I'm going by myself to meet up with a tour. There's no-one waiting on me or depending on me to go, but there are a few who are thinking I will show up.

I think this is some sort of anxiety as I know I definitely get anxious in other aspects of my life. I also rarely seem to be enthusiastic about anything. Actually that's not true. I will look forward more to watching something on TV and having a takeaway that I would about actually going somewhere and doing something.

I really need to take my doctor's advice and go talk to a psychologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm on Abilify at the moment, I'm finding it very easy to tolerate. Your mileage may vary but hopefully it'll be pretty side effect free like it is for me. That and, it'sa marathon not a sprint, trialling drugs will always take a long time I'm afraid and there will, for nearly everybody, be plenty of dead ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

So I did it again, cancelled the trip at the last minute. I'm such an idiot. I'm not so bothered that I'm not going, more than I've just wasted money by booking stuff and cancelling. Luckily enough the event happens every year so I can go next year instead if I get my head together by then.

nesf wrote: »
    I'm on Abilify at the moment, I'm finding it very easy to tolerate. Your mileage may vary but hopefully it'll be pretty side effect free like it is for me. That and, it'sa marathon not a sprint, trialling drugs will always take a long time I'm afraid and there will, for nearly everybody, be plenty of dead ends.

Thanks nesf for that may i ask what dose you are on please.

Feeling really awful today have not slept a wink it was the first night without serequel to help me sleep as taking new med this morning,i have had 3 hours sleep, anxiety is sky high feel like my chest is doing somersaults woke at 5.30 crying for no reason hubby thought something was wrong just feel really crap at the moment.

Hit a bit of a low point today, much worse than the last while. I think I've been trying to put a smile on things but it just all got a bit too much today. Just want to be normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Izzie11

Has anyone been on the Life Skills programme by Aware yet? I got a place in Cork but I know some of you in Dublin may have already started. Freaking out about going but I know its what I need. What was it like? Im terrified of having to do group exercises :(

Izzie11 wrote: »
    Has anyone been on the Life Skills programme by Aware yet? I got a place in Cork but I know some of you in Dublin may have already started. Freaking out about going but I know its what I need. What was it like? Im terrified of having to do group exercises :(

Best of luck in it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Slept bad last night. No wonder it's so hard to get out of the blackness, you couldn't sleep because you were anxious, you're anxious the next day because you couldn't sleep. Anyone else like this? :(

• Advertisement

Life is an absolute bastard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement