Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I remember my sister coming in one day and asking if I ever got bored. At this stage I had literally being going between my bedroom and the couch for two months.
    All I could say was "no, it never bothers me". And the amazing thing was that there was no emotion to go with it. No sadness, anger, embarrassment. How you be bored sitting on the couch til you ached? Why would anyone WANT to leave the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Well I got dumped
    I'm absolutley devastated. He was the one thing in life that kept me going.
    I don't know what to now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Has anyone else switched from Lexapro to something else, I have been on 15mg per day since Christmas and I still feel ****ty all the time. I am thinking of asking my GP to switch me to something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Well I got dumped
    I don't know what to now

Sorry to hear that Snoop :(

jammstarr wrote: »
    Well I got dumped
    I don't know what to now

Sorry to hear that Snoop :(
    going to have to go back on the tablets I think.
    A long lonely weekend for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

If there was a pill I could take I would, but as of now, I think I'm not from this world. I don't have anxiety and depression..(it's all in my head).I'm just homesick for a better, nicer, happier world.:)

But thank god, I now know there are many more like me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

going to have to go back on the tablets I think.
    A long lonely weekend for me :(

Oh Snoopy, sorry to hear that, there's always someone around this thread hope the tablets help.

Just can't stop crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

Just can't stop crying

I feel for you, it'll pass, just like the good times pass, so do the bad times. It's the only thing that keeps me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Ok this one is hard to explain for me.

I get crazy depressive moments about once or twice a day. This has always happened for a while but has gotten worse lately because of a guy i started liking(He's a guy too). now he's completely straight but i've never felt like this about anyone before and he's a good friend so i see a lot of him so i'm incredibly love sick and its made me realise at the age of 23 having never been in a proper relationship. So I'm worried.

I constantly feel trapped. but its always something that bothersme. it used to be living at home with my parents, then not having a job but these problems have been solved and now it's this.

Am I seriously destined to be unhappy, will it ever get better.

I've never got help before but got crazy drunk one night and next thing I knew i was self harming. I won't go into it but its not pleasant.

I've kinda decided to try get help, but how does one approach a gp about this. i'd feel embarassed and i know that sounds stupid..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi Snoopy 1,

Please dont cry. There is someone out there, that when you meet him, he will appreciate you for you. It may not seem like it now, but just give it time. Chin up.
    John:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

getting gradually lower all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm just getting worse and worse at the moment.

Thanks everyone
    Just feel so low atthe moment. I got dumped because for some reason I told him the counsillor cancelled my appointment, but he read my post on here where I said id cancelled the appointment.
    I really liked him and I don't know how im going to cope with the emptyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I want to encourage you all here, things do get better.

18yrs on meds
    each med eventually seems to wear off
    new meds take time to kick in

Over the last 17 months my meds have been tweaked/upped/others added in and it has taken until now to finally feel normal.
    Throughout those 17 months life has been so hard, no desire to get up or to do anything, weight gain, no interest in anything etc.

But I have persevered and attended my mental health clinic every month and had many med changes and now finally I feel alive and happy. I feel so good.

I share this so that others here can have hope and be assured that it does get better. It may take a very long time but please do not give up.
    It is hell going through it, but trust your gp/psy and be open to medication changes and you will get there.
    There is hope always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Not doing good at all today. Just had a realisation last night that I am someone that has depression. I mean I have known for years but it just kinda hit home last night. Suppose I know it on the surface but I don't let it penetrate deep into my conscience. If that makes any sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mood swings still driving me mad, but couldn't take the medication i was given for it - the taste in my mouth was unbearable, and constant. :( Have to wait until june for next psych appointment. Argh. That is all. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm sick of struggling with relationships. Why can I not just stand up for myself. I'm afraid of being alone. But right now i'm completely alone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Had to get some valium to help with my anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    Ok this one is hard to explain for me.

I get crazy depressive moments about once or twice a day. This has always happened for a while but has gotten worse lately because of a guy i started liking(He's a guy too). now he's completely straight but i've never felt like this about anyone before and he's a good friend so i see a lot of him so i'm incredibly love sick and its made me realise at the age of 23 having never been in a proper relationship. So I'm worried.

I constantly feel trapped. but its always something that bothersme. it used to be living at home with my parents, then not having a job but these problems have been solved and now it's this.

Am I seriously destined to be unhappy, will it ever get better.

I've never got help before but got crazy drunk one night and next thing I knew i was self harming. I won't go into it but its not pleasant.

I've kinda decided to try get help, but how does one approach a gp about this. i'd feel embarassed and i know that sounds stupid..

It's never easy to say these things. Good on ya for posting about it :)
    I said it to someone else earlier in the week - write down what you have to say and if needs be, hand it to your gp. Copy what you wrote on the thread and if you can, expand on it. It'll be a starting point.

I remember a friend telling me years ago that depression is a liar - it tells us to keep it secret, that we can't tell anyone how we feel, that no-one would understand, and that there's no help either way. But it's lying....none of those things are true, And sometimes even saying it out loud can be a relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Am I seriously destined to be unhappy,
    No, you are not.
    will it ever get better.
    Yes, yes it will.
    but how does one approach a gp about this.

The first thing you need to recgonise is that you are taking the right step about this. So pat yourself on the back about that for a start.

As for approaching your GP, well I found that bit very easy actually, and my GP couldn't have been anymore understanding about it. Make your appointment and I found the direct approach the best.

[Doc] So Mr Profiler what can I do for you?

[Me] I'm feeling very down, have felt that way for some time, I think I might have depression, I need some help

and that's it done... first step (most difficult step) taken! Weight off the shoulders, everything can follow on from there.
    i'd feel embarassed and i know that sounds stupid..
    It's not stupid, it's quite common actually to feel that way.

However I'm willing to bet that your GP deals with depression very regularly, probably even daily. So there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

Bobbity wrote: »
    Am on 40mg seroxat for the last two years, gp added 30mg zispin in jan, I have put on nearly a stone in weight. Is this normal? Feel so sh*t, with weight gain, and want to pull myself together regarding work, family but can't seem to climb out of the quick sand I feel I'm in. I have no energy, aches and pains all over, feel like an oap! I feel like I'm only punching in my days, I seem to have no feelings emotionally, and am having a hard time connecting with my DH.

I don't know where to turn, afraid to give up meds in case I sink deeper, but am aware meds have me doped to the point of inaction. What to do? Any advice or experiences welcome. Thanks in advance.

I was on 60mg seroxat for 11 years off it now was not an easy drug to get off just be careful with it :o

Im still really down, i miss him so much. Im annoyed i did something so stupid.
    I am beginning to lose hope that i will ever find anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I'm like that too. I'm lonely, miserable and out of shape. Not exactly the most attractive features.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

I'm terribly confused about a kind of relationship, and am terribly stressed about exams

Listen up everyone,

I want you all to go on utube and listen to happy songs. If that dos'ent work, I want you to type green tea:) or funny friday:). Ya gotta laugh at that.
    John:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

and am terribly stressed about exams

I hear ya, I've an exam this Sat and I'm sat here watching the walls, books open in front of me, I'd pull my own fingernails out, anything to have an excuse to not sit the exam!

I just keep plugging away, every now and then a wee nugget of information jumps out at me and I try to remember... these are the "hard yards"

I just take it one word, one paragraph one page, one chapter at a time...

Hi All,

I will be over on fatcheese if anyone is looking for me. Later.
    John:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gonna fail the leaving cert. Again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement