Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm gonna fail the leaving cert. Again :(
    Do you need many points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bobbity

To you all that are down in your boots, lonely, scared and feeling hopeless....
    This too will pass!
    You are smart, intelligent people, you do not need another person to make you happy. Be happy in yourself and stop looking to others to blame ( I know what I'm talking about, I have the "t- shirt!).
    I've struggled for 15 yrs with depression, today I came home from work and went straight out to my garden cos my head was wrecked in an office al day. I weeded a bit, but mainly sat back smoking a cig and listening to the birds around me. A very simple thing to do but I was happy as anything when I came in soaked after sitting in the rain.
    Next time you go outside, just stop and actually listen to the sounds around you, it may even make you smile.
    Small steps.....will lead to greater things.
    Take care and keep writing about it, that's therapy in itself. Xx

cloud493 wrote: »
    It sounds achievable, hope it goes ok, tough enough to do once, I've a lot of respect for you doing it again.

I know what you mean Bobbity, it's great actually getting pleasure out if the really small things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi cloud 493,

I dont want to sound patronising, but if you concentrate on the subjects that was your most weakest, you should get a good run at it. As I was telling one of the girls only last week on this same thread, if I could complete and pass a FETAC Business Course Level 5 at my age, I cant see any problem in your getting the points that you require. Anyway, whichever way it goes, you are still you, that will not change. I want to wish you the very best of luck.
    John:)

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I just want to tell you that if my words look like gobblygook on any of my posts later on tonight, it will be because of the drink(its my birthday). My other half tells that I always slur my words when I have a few(bottle of bacardi)drinks.
    John:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

jbyrne10 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I just want to tell you that if my words look like gobblygook on any of my posts later on tonight, it will be because of the drink(its my birthday). My other half tells that I always slur my words when I have a few(bottle of bacardi)drinks.

Happy birthday J :)

Hi JS,

Thank you very much. Signing out now as the screen is starting to become a blur, but I am very happy. Have a good weekend.
    John:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Zispin = sleep. That is all.

nesf wrote: »
    Zispin = sleep. That is all.
    Lucky you, I find it kinda hit and miss, good sleep though it can go a long way.

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Lucky you, I find it kinda hit and miss, good sleep though it can go a long way.

Yeah sometimes it doesn't suit me but last night it gave me a good six hours of decent rest so I'm rather happy today.

Couldn't sleep at all last night, then when I did really weird dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Gillo wrote: »
    Couldn't sleep at all last night, then when I did really weird dreams.
    I can't sleep and im so anxious
    The day stretches really long for me

1 hour of sleep. Ah well, at least my mood is good (not elated good, just good).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

My new job is going relatively ok, it's temporary but I'm up and out so it feels good. Last night I actually had a full 8 hours of sleep, I usually take hours to get to sleep and then wake up 5 or 6 times.. I had a bad night during the week where I panicked, things are going good and I feel like it'll all fall apart if I get my hopes up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Still on ferocious mood swings, trying my best not to hurt the few people left talking to me, but i can see them finding it hard to keep up with my sudden rages and blackness... :( Even nice weather not convincing me to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

feelin a bit "bleh" this evenin if that makes sense. Not down, just flat as a pancake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

No sleep again, and the pain in my stomach from stress is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Has anyone found going to a doctor helps social anxiety? I'm trying to get the courage to go but I have a feeling there's nothing they can do except send me to cbt but I'm too socially anxious to go. So maybe it would be a waste of time.

Better mood today, a good night's sleep last night (well, 5 hours anyway). Happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Still on ferocious mood swings, trying my best not to hurt the few people left talking to me, but i can see them finding it hard to keep up with my sudden rages and blackness... :( Even nice weather not convincing me to get out of bed.

I hear you Grem. I really don't want to be around anyone at the moment, but the people I have left are very good to me and I don't want to hurt them. I'd much prefer to be alone for a while. Hope you feel a bit better soon.

I've been fighting off this low, but it's getting harder and harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Feeling horribly anxious and paranoid today, just want the day to be over so I can get a proper night's sleep.

Only slept about four hours last night, kept waking up and just couldn't switch my brain off. They weren't bad thoughts that was occupying my mind, just couldn't switch off, really frustrating.

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I can't sleep and im so anxious
    The day stretches really long for me

I am the total opposite. I find it hard to stay awake. I think it is due to all the tablets that I am on (I heard it said that I am on that many tablets that I rattle when I walk). But there again, I suppose that they are doing their job. So, as homer simpson (who I am getting increasingly like in size), says, wha a ya gonna do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I slip between bouts of insomnia and bouts of chronic tiredness. Soooo tired all the time now, slept for about 16 hours on and off Saturday I'd say. Not sure what's causing it, cause my mood is pretty good most of the time. Used to be like this when I was feeling down constantly alright.

Appetite has been changing a lot lately! I kinda hope its something medical that can be easily treated, as opposed to something mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Starting to feel myself slipping today. Things are fast building up and I don't think I can handle this pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Posted last week about how well i was doing , well now im very down again. So sick of it. Cannot stop crying. Everything bothers me, if a fly looked funny at me id cry.
    head killing me from crying.

Feel worse after an online aware meeting.

jammstarr wrote: »
    Starting to feel myself slipping today. Things are fast building up and I don't think I can handle this pressure.

Ya wanna talk about it?
    John:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

phi3 wrote: »
    Feel worse after an online aware meeting.

was there too, don't think they help really

• Advertisement

noah45 wrote: »
    was there too, don't think they help really

I went a coupla times last week and I thought it was helping but today was a disaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement