Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Pretty down today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Doing Darkness Into Light for Pieta House this year. If ye could check my post in the sponsor me thread I'd really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

I want my life back:(...makes me so angry that i was pulling through and doing quite well for about a year and that it can all just slip away so easily and there's nothing i can do to stop it...i just hate it, hate myself for not being able to fight it, for being like this.

And who can i talk to...i dont talk, that's not what i do....sure, tell people i'm feeling down or i'm 'tired' there's a very slight understanding, but tell people that there's cameras watching you, people following you, you seen something float above you and go into the wall etc then they tell you to shut up, don't want to hear. Yea, yea i've come to realise they're irrational thoughts/paranoia but my god why me, i was doing so well and now i just want to give up and do nothing...just feel like i can't climb out of it this time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've been upbeat recently too but my life is ruled by an obsession. I didn't think of myself as mentally ill but it's my whole life now, the state of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I have to stay upbeat and cheerful every single day. A depressed person can't teach a group of Chinese kids. No matter how shít I feel inside, I have to keep smiling and pretending I'm great. It's really getting difficult now.

Right now I wanna just get drunk every night and sleep in every day. It's about all I'm good for right now.
    Upset about Pygmalion? It's had an effect on me too... *hugs*

:( *hugs*

When I first heard the news I was a little emotionally detached tbh. I only met Paul twice and the last time was over a year ago. But the more I think about it, the more unreal it seems. He was so intelligent, friendly and well liked. He was doing what he loved in college and was damn good at it. He had such a bright future ahead of him. How could it have ended like this? :(:(

It's almost insulting that someone like him should have to die like that while someone like me, who screws up every opportunity in life that comes his way, is still here wasting time, moping and brooding my life away.

The world just doesn't make sense. At all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have to go on a school trip to howth, then to work till 6. Not at all in the right frame of mind for it, another bad night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

dlofnep wrote: »
    Pretty down today :(

Same here. In the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi everyone,

I have been keeping an eye on this thread since the start of the year, there are so many of you that post regularly on this thread that I can relate with so much on how you feel. I have messed up so many chances and openings to get on my feet and create a life for myself.

I take things on in the beginning with great gusto, but before long the chatterbox in my mind fills my head with self doubt and distracts my attention from the job in hand and end up comparing myself to those around me. I keep asking myself why am I so different to them.

I become so preoccupied with how "others see me" that I end up messing up my chance of developing a career and a path for myself in life.

I have been down this road so many times during my years in college but always managed to pull through, this time its worse and slipping more and more.

Im dying inside and feel empty and useless

Very important to not give up. Never give up. Surrender is for the weak. keep going keep going keep going keep going keep going

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm feeling very nothing. Like i'm disappearing sometimes. And it's so damn quiet. Tried to say hi to a friend but ran out of words scarily early in the conversation. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I'm doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah I'm definitely doing better. Sleep is still really messed up as you can see but overall quite happy with life at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anonimous

been up since 3:30, today is already a horrible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

anonimous wrote: »

I'm very sorry to hear that, I really hate it when that happens to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I'm feeling very nothing. Like i'm disappearing sometimes. And it's so damn quiet.

I'm exactly the same just didn't quite know how to describe it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

anonimous wrote: »
    Sending you love Anonimous, we're all in this little community together.

Surviving the day...just.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anonimous

Temaz wrote: »
    Surviving the day...just.

... me too.

Going to have a quiet day at home tomorrow with some dvd's and my laptop. I quit drinking so won't be heading out.Anyway It's a horrible day full of drunks rolling around the streets imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey.

Been up and down the last while... Just confused in myself.

Not really sure why I'm posting, but can't do any harm to see it in print!

• Advertisement

I dread this weekend, I have cut myself off from the few friends I have. I don't want to face out into a crowd this weekend at any stage. Even times when I felt okay in the run up to a long weekend I always had this anxious feeling concerning the hype that is associated with it "what are you doing for the long weekend"..I feel as though everyone is on the move meanwhile I stay stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I think I just need to accept that there'll just be some things that I cannot do or be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

jammstarr wrote: »
    I think I just need to accept that there'll just be some things that I cannot do or be.

Anytime I try to accept that, I just feel like I'm useless and pathetic. I wouldn't mind not being able to do certain things if there was something I was good at. But there isn't. I suck at pretty much everything I try.

As it happens I'm feeling really pathetic and useless right now. I don't know why anyone would bother keeping me in their life; it's no wonder friends/exes get fed up of me and leave. I'm pretty much disposable; good to be around for a little while but then no longer useful or needed and thrown away.

On top of everything else, I have a recurring infection at the moment and no way of treating it. I'm gonna have to try going to a Chinese pharmacy full of non-English speakers and explain to them that I need medication. It's gonna be really stressful. And I don't need any more stress right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I have to stay upbeat and cheerful every single day. A depressed person can't teach a group of Chinese kids. No matter how shít I feel inside, I have to keep smiling and pretending I'm great. It's really getting difficult now.

Right now I wanna just get drunk every night and sleep in every day. It's about all I'm good for right now.

:( *hugs*

When I first heard the news I was a little emotionally detached tbh. I only met Paul twice and the last time was over a year ago. But the more I think about it, the more unreal it seems. He was so intelligent, friendly and well liked. He was doing what he loved in college and was damn good at it. He had such a bright future ahead of him. How could it have ended like this? :(:(

It's almost insulting that someone like him should have to die like that while someone like me, who screws up every opportunity in life that comes his way, is still here wasting time, moping and brooding my life away.

The world just doesn't make sense. At all.

But surely the fact that you're in China now teaching would mean that you definitely aren't wasting your time and screwing up. That would strike me as the opposite, very proactive in fact.

First time poster...long time watcher :)

Hope you're all keeping well this evening!

Went to an extremely bad time in 2007 and came out the other side. Thankfully. Although I get depressed feelings a lot I know that they could never be as bad as that time in my life.

The trouble is, since last weekend i've been feeling like absolute sh*te. I met someone who seems to have had an effect on me, nothing will come of it, found out he's on/off with a long term gf.
    Been going to bed hoping someone will flick a little switch isnt good. Woke up last night at half 4 and had to go for a drive just to stop myself thinking...basically my own company isnt serving me well...

Like most of you, not sure what good this will do, better out than in though eh? Going to get myself a journal and write my way through my moods.

Thanks for reading, yay the late late is on soon...i actually love it :)

First time poster...long time watcher :)

Hope you're all keeping well this evening!

Went to an extremely bad time in 2007 and came out the other side. Thankfully. Although I get depressed feelings a lot I know that they could never be as bad as that time in my life.

The trouble is, since last weekend i've been feeling like absolute sh*te. I met someone who seems to have had an effect on me, nothing will come of it, found out he's on/off with a long term gf.
    Been going to bed hoping someone will flick a little switch isnt good. Woke up last night at half 4 and had to go for a drive just to stop myself thinking...basically my own company isnt serving me well...

Like most of you, not sure what good this will do, better out than in though eh? Going to get myself a journal and write my way through my moods.

Thanks for reading, yay the late late is on soon...i actually love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

jammstarr wrote: »

Im still trying to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

one of *those* nights. Don't want to go on, feel like i cant. wave upon wave of despair

neemish wrote: »
    one of *those* nights. Don't want to go on, feel like i cant. wave upon wave of despair

You can. You can, or you wouldn't be here.

Anyone getting wasted to celebrate the day?

• Advertisement

Having a sober day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement