Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

been playing MW2 for over 2 years now and still havent gotten it ^ its one of those things you just cant plan for it happens itself, I nearly got one on Rust one time (that never comes up in playlists anymore either)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

krudler wrote: »
    I nearly got one on Rust one time (that never comes up in playlists anymore either)

I know, I'm getting slightly sick of the map rotations lately, I hate salvage, storm and bailout, MOAR Skidrow and Terminal plz

I know, I'm getting slightly sick of the map rotations lately, I hate salvage, storm and bailout, MOAR Skidrow and Terminal plz

yeah wtf is that about, every game its either storm, bailout, underpass or salvage, you never see Terminal on domination

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Delete the map pack.

Thats a really good idea, i didnt realise theyre all in the same map pack!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thats a really good idea, i didnt realise theyre all in the same map pack!

You're a prat for not liking Bailout though :p

I miss that map ie: Crossfire 2.0 :)

I miss that map ie: Crossfire 2.0 :)[/Quote]

theyre totally different! Brings some nostalgia for backlot and downpour actually

I miss that map ie: Crossfire 2.0 :)

Bailout is a great demolition map, its the mode I play the most so if a map has good placement of the bomb sites its a great mode, demo on Trailer Park is just epic.

there's still loads of low ranked noobs on it these days, its funny watching guys go to the regular spots and getting headshotted across the map, got a multikill on Highrise the other night by just letting rip with the rpd across from C to A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Safe to revive this?

Got fed up of MW3. Just wasn't able to do anything with it. Lost a lot of one-on-one battles but on MW2 I'm winning more and more. Just a bit more fun to play.

Tubers and DC users are annoying but I much prefer MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Safe to revive this?

Ground war im finding unplayable with oma danger close, regular tdm and dom are usually ok, the odd oma danger close. Random people messeging for stupid lobbies and **** is pretty annoying too. Been playing it a bit recently and am enjoying it for a game i previously hated.

Was playing some gwar on karachi and one guy on my team tubing from the back of the map with claymore was on an 18 streak and just finished with his ac-130. He backed into a corner while changing kit so i blocked him in the corner and kept shooting so wed show up on the enemy map and sure enough a guy came across and killed us ending his "streak". He messeged me saying he reported me and rage quit, just messeged him back saying dont care and its people like you who have the game ruined at times.
    Bellend!!

• Advertisement

Been sticking to FFA and some Dom and TDM but it's much more fun I find.

Lots of complaints about modded guns; M21s and FALs on rapid fire but I haven't come across it. Cold Blooded is prominent too but again, I haven't seen it.

OMA, DC is a terrible combo. They really should have patched that.

I heard rumours there was a 500+ MB patch announced for MW2 but since it was announced around April 1st, I guess it was a joke. But remove Commando, Danger Close, the knife, tac ins on FFA, ridiculous sniper rifles, and whatever bullsh!t elements left and you have a solid fun game.

I've said it a million times, if oma/dc and commando knifing were removed MW2 would almost be perfect.

better guns and maps than MW3 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I've said it a million times, if oma/dc and commando knifing were removed MW2 would almost be perfect.

better guns and maps than MW3 imo.

So so good.

Agreed on with guns and maps.

I only have the base maps but I'll play the majority but will always skip Underpass. Hell I was in that map the other day and did decent.

Guns feel like they "work". Three shots with the SCAR-H and they're down. Much more effort required in MW3 which sucks when you're on a poor connection.

Running the silenced UMP45 and it's fun. OP as always but it helps combat the "quiksc0prz". M4A1 with RDS and silencer's cool too.

Using hardline and UAV, Care Package and Predator is hilarious watching the killstreaks stack up.

Agreed on with guns and maps.

I only have the base maps but I'll play the majority but will always skip Underpass. Hell I was in that map the other day and did decent.

Guns feel like they "work". Three shots with the SCAR-H and they're down. Much more effort required in MW3 which sucks when you're on a poor connection.

Running the silenced UMP45 and it's fun. OP as always but it helps combat the "quiksc0prz". M4A1 with RDS and silencer's cool too.

Using hardline and UAV, Care Package and Predator is hilarious watching the killstreaks stack up.

the guns do feel nice and meaty, especially the RPD, my absolute favourite gun in the COD series, grip, extended mags, awwww yeah. I'd gotten into the habit of suiciding straight away so I could run over my own body and grab the extra ammo, 600 rounds in a gun= carnage.

<3 killing boosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think extended mags are easy enough get with ARs and LMGs and I've had them on most of the ones I use at some stage but SMGs *shudders*. I've done it with the MP5 and UMP. They're pretty powerful SMGs and I found it hard enough. Trying it with the weaker ones can't be pretty.

2 more FMJ kills on the mini uzi and I will have the emags on all smgs/assault rifles. Scrapyard is the best for getting SMG FMJ hits.

That leaves me with the MG4 and the M240 to do :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

2 more FMJ kills on the mini uzi and I will have the emags on all smgs/assault rifles. Scrapyard is the best for getting SMG FMJ hits.

That leaves me with the MG4 and the M240 to do :(.

Trailerpark is pretty bitching as well for bullet penetration kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

As much of a clusterfúck as this game is, triple feeds with the Spas-12 on quickscopers will never get old

Leeg17 wrote: »
    As much of a clusterfúck as this game is, triple feeds with the Spas-12 on quickscopers will never get old

will be on later if you wanna jump on

• Advertisement

will be on later if you wanna jump on

Sounds good!
    (Got trittons so want to soundwhore :D)

didnt make it on last night net was acting the bollocks, will be later though fo sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Is it worth my while buying MW2 or is it hacked to bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

deccurley wrote: »
    Is it worth my while buying MW2 or is it hacked to bits?

Not hacked to bit last time we were playing it on the XBox anyway. You can still find games reasonably quickly but you do get people acting the prat with Danger Close and One Man Army.

Cossax wrote: »
    Not hacked to bit last time we were playing it on the XBox anyway. You can still find games reasonably quickly but you do get people acting the prat with Danger Close and One Man Army.

Cool, I'll give it a lash. The missus said she'll pick it up for me in town. :cool:

deccurley wrote: »
    Cool, I'll give it a lash. The missus said she'll pick it up for me in town. :cool:

Grand on Ps3 too, relatively uncommon to find a Witching/Tubing noob.. seems most of them have fecked off to Mw3 ;)

That makes sense......MW3 is ridiculous at times and I'm more or less done with it. Only started playing CoD at Black Ops stage so I missed out on previous CoDs but often spot ye all masturbating about MW2 on here so I said I'd give it a lash :p

Edit: Give MW2 a lash, that is.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Grand on Ps3 too, relatively uncommon to find a Witching/Tubing noob.. seems most of them have fecked off to Mw3 ;)

isnt it great, if it played like it does now when it was in its prime people wouldnt have gotten so sick of it. people are actually playing it without being dicks as all the kids have gone off to MW3.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I traded my copy in to buy one of the newer ones :( Only have MW3 now.

On the plus side they've added Terminal to download for free which is great, has me hankering for some of the other maps.

• Advertisement

riot shield chopper gunner.

awwwwwww yeahhhhhhhh

Advertisement