Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

derm0j073 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you could pick dual wield as an attachment for the UMP in MW2 .

Didn't know that. I've actually only ever seen it the once in that one game. I do have a class with dual wield MP5s, which is just hilarious.

Think Blops 2 and MW3 have sucked out all the fun out of fps' for me. I was playing a bit of Blops this weekend had to boot up MW2 afterwards for a few games and it was fcuking wonderful :)
    Lots and lots of snipers in search aka cannon fodder. Problem with MW2 is I have everything unlocked & have stopped prestiging. Think it's the xp element that make me keep going back and struggling through Blops

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Didn't know that. I've actually only ever seen it the once in that one game. I do have a class with dual wield MP5s, which is just hilarious.

Think Blops 2 and MW3 have sucked out all the fun out of fps' for me. I was playing a bit of Blops this weekend had to boot up MW2 afterwards for a few games and it was fcuking wonderful :)
    Lots and lots of snipers in search aka cannon fodder. Problem with MW2 is I have everything unlocked & have stopped prestiging. Think it's the xp element that make me keep going back and struggling through Blops

dual wield smg's and steady aim is hilarity, spray and pray ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Lots and lots of snipers in search aka cannon fodder
    yep especially fun when they try a 360 whatever they call it:pac:

also campers.crap campers at that.if your gonna camp at least do it right and fukking move after getting your cheap ass kill!

only have the basic maps had them all on my xbox but I'm fukked if im gonna give activison any more of my money

yep especially fun when they try a 360 whatever they call it:pac:

also campers.crap campers at that.if your gonna camp at least do it right and fukking move after getting your cheap ass kill!

only have the basic maps had them all on my xbox but I'm fukked if im gonna give activison any more of my money

I was playing on Afghan yesterday in the bunker thing directly ahead of A, using a thermal sniper over towards C, the clowns on the other team were jumping off the cliff doing 360's, I was just picking them off one by one, I don't even think they cared tbh.

krudler wrote: »
    the clowns on the other team were jumping off the cliff doing 360's
    human lemmings lol

• Advertisement

human lemmings lol

Indeed, easy pickings, sure I was camping, but they just kept doing it!

Hilarity on a game there, this little sh1thead was on the opposite team noobtube spamming the crap out of the map on Salvage, tried tubing him back but couldnt get him as he was holed up in the house and one of his mates was using a riot shield giving him cover, I finally did when he was 1 off a nuke :pac: went mental in the lobby, only to wind up on our team the next game, so I did the only natural thing to do, changed to my riot shield class and pinned the little fecker into a corner :pac: cue abusive pm's about "hacking" my account, yeah off you go you knob.

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed, easy pickings, sure I was camping, but they just kept doing it!
    be rude not to!

There's far, far less bs on MW2 these days, played a few full games last night without being noobtubed once, pity it wasnt like this when it was more popular, people playing the objectives, no bullsh1t, its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KaosWatson

Got put into an American lobby earlier, 2-3 bar connections with OMA Danger Close tubing going on. I was not Impressed with their performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KaosWatson

anyone up for a game of Mw2 now? GT is KaosWatson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

I wouldnt mind giving this a go tonight....
    Im ****ing raging i traded in all my cod games i.e cod 3,4 mw2,3(and my beloved bf3:p!)the only 1 i kept was blops1,all for that steaming pile of ****e halo4:mad::mad:

Played a good bit of this over the weekend. Playing solo and talking to my mates playing blops through the vita. Put on the witch class for a while "Look at me Ma, I'm flying" :)
    Got loads of friend requests and hooked up with a couple of Germans and had a blast for several hours. I'm a much happier person playing this game. Couple of lobbies had a bit of lag and it didn't bother me in the slightest. I'll be talked into the DLC 'cos of zombies but am done with Blops MP. Played a bit of Far Cry 3 multiplayer which was pretty ok too particularly the co-op

lol snipers you're so sh1te...christ the amount of useless twits makes for easy kills.

Cry a little bit inside when they're on my team though :)

lol snipers you're so sh1te...christ the amount of useless twits makes for easy kills.

Cry a little bit inside when they're on my team though :)

I love maps like Afghan and Wasteland, nothing but snipers, cue me and my lightweight ump/spas class, easy pickings. nothing as funny as seeing panic firing snipers and just running around them in circles watching them knife at nothing :pac: Its such a pity MW2 didnt have theatre mode the amount of hilarity you could have recorded on it would have been brilliant.

They're everywhere on search too. The odd time you'll get quickscoped but it rarely affects the outcome :) I've been in lobbies where I'm the only one not sniping.
    Can't quickscope. I like sniping but only in TDM where I can hide somewhere & kill someone sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Playing with and against randoms last night on Highrise - we're leading early on but a noob-tuber on their team calls in a few killstreaks and clears my team away from B and they box us in. Scores start closing in, we lose our 30 point lead and the game is heading towards the last minute when we break out from C, cap A and me and a lad who was playing the objective cap B - score 168-199 and we have the triple cap going! Racing around the middle of the map but they're trapped in a corner at C and that sweet, sweet moment comes - score 200 - 199!

Cossax wrote: »
    Playing with and against randoms last night on Highrise - we're leading early on but a noob-tuber on their team calls in a few killstreaks and clears my team away from B and they box us in. Scores start closing in, we lose our 30 point lead and the game is heading towards the last minute when we break out from C, cap A and me and a lad who was playing the objective cap B - score 168-199 and we have the triple cap going! Racing around the middle of the map but they're trapped in a corner at C and that sweet, sweet moment comes - score 200 - 199!

the best Domination games, havent seen that once on Blops2 since they stupidly changed the setup and ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Bought this game Saturday, I should never have sold it. From this point on COD started getting worse for me, I haven't played the travesty that is Blackops 2 since Xmas. God there are some great maps in this game, Terminal, Wasteland, Afghan... Anyone else still playing this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Actually rebought this on friday,and couldnt wait to get home and play it as it was my first multiplayer game a few years ago.The first game in was dom on wasteland with the famas and silencer and spas with fmj as secondary,wasnt long before i had the chopper gunner up and racking up the kills,needless to say my side won the match and i topped the lobby.
    Ever since then(friday) i cant even get a care package and i nearly always go negative,from the ****ers running around with there noobtoobs to some dickhead on my team with a sniper rifle spinning around the shop jumping off of things.(i know its the megalove thread:rolleyes:)
    Still tho the maps are fairly good especially rust......its just mayham!

Don't normally play FFA but was on this weekend
    Fuel came up
    *equips silenced UMP*
    Sure enough Snipers, Snipers everywhere
    hehehehe :D

• Advertisement

played with a mate who hasn't played this in ages and hates it
    much better cod player than me
    s&D
    after an hour he asks "how do you keep getting harriers?"
    god I love this game when it works
    we had one game went 4-3 every other one was 4-0,4-1,4-0 ........

Threw this on the other ps2 downstairs (bigger tv) and had a random psn account I set up on it, started playing from lvl1, and its...fun. In lobbies with other noobs, no tubing, no quickscoping, racing through the challenges and xp, on my other account I stopped prestiging at 8, I miss the level up sound :pac:

Friday & Saturday unbelieveable fun. Then Sunday couldn't get a decent lobby. Hacked to bits aimbots & permenant UAVs everwhere. Sigh.

Friday & Saturday unbelieveable fun. Then Sunday couldn't get a decent lobby. Hacked to bits aimbots & permenant UAVs everwhere. Sigh.

I was stuck in a game on Skidrow yesterday and got demolished in the first minute, only realise after watching a killcam it was an aimbot, bloody hackers, guy was snapping to exact spots on the screen. Still though was good fun aside from that, racing through the low levels getting challenges for everything, fall and die, fall and not die, blow up car, blow up three cars :pac:

I'm not great but when I'm going 5-18 in FFAs I know something's up. In Favela there was a guy running round with an AA12 and knew where you were. It was beyond painful. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

I just leave the lobby and send a 'dirty kunt' message.Its seriously annoying.

returnNull wrote: »
    I just leave the lobby and send a 'dirty kunt' message.Its seriously annoying.

Worse is when you leave the game and as there's not many playing these days you just get dumped back in the same match (unless its onto the winning side :pac: )

I get more hate mail and friend requests playing this game than any other... by a mile. If MW2 was an animal it would eat it's own young!
    Playing search yesterday and selected my RPD loadout by accident. Oh, sweet merciful Zeus.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Mmmmm, RPD with grip and OMA, Stopping Power and whatever else you're having. Point, fire, mow down the opposition.
    Properly beefy sounding weapon whether it's silenced or not.

• Advertisement

Definately have grip & Stopping Power. Unsure about the blue/green perks - SOH and Steady Aim I think. Wouldn't use it on search generally but it worked pretty good. Don't have it silenced, when using it I want people to come find me :)

Advertisement