Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MW2 MegaLove thread]sunshine and lollipops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So the guys I play BLOPS with finally relented and played MW2 with me, this weekend. S&D Vacant Danger Close. Noob tube down the hall for first blood, switch to RPG ....triple kill (I'm such a cnut).
    A yank on the other team starts begging literally begging for me to stop. As he was nice about it I do. Next killcam is me shredding two guys with the silenced tar. Switch to akimbo MP5Ks with steady aim and the mayhem really begins :cool:
    Played an hour or two and must have used every gun/set up there is. God I miss it.... Blops is so shyte in comparison. So happy running round the old maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hightower1 wrote: »
    Wow, sounds like a dream game right there. Its just such a good feeling when there is no arse'in about going on. Its happen on rare nights and I will hands down say its one of the very best gaming experiences to be had. I swear, developing a COD game needs to be handled like kitting out a classroom for a bunch of special needs kids where you have to think of every single possible way an item could be used and f**d with in order to decide to keep or get rid of it and by god if you miss one thing that could possible be abused your in for a **** storm!
    :)

Thats the thing, everything that abused horribly in MW2 does have a purpose, danger close for taking down air support faster, but its used by dicks for getting streaks. commando for no falling damage (which is dead handy in a pinch if you have leap off a building or something) but its used by m/l/c'ing cockbags with tactical knives. So anything that can be abused (which it will) should be nerfed or removed.

a lot, a LOT of people who play COD are dicks, lets be honest here, its a mostly horrible community who dont understand the concept of team playing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

krudler wrote: »
    Thats the thing, everything that abused horribly in MW2 does have a purpose, danger close for taking down air support faster, but its used by dicks for getting streaks. commando for no falling damage (which is dead handy in a pinch if you have leap off a building or something) but its used by m/l/c'ing cockbags with tactical knives. So anything that can be abused (which it will) should be nerfed or removed.

a lot, a LOT of people who play COD are dicks, lets be honest here, its a mostly horrible community who dont understand the concept of team playing at all.

I played mw2 for the first time in ages after mostly playing battlefield bad company 2 and I was surprised at how easy it can be in a full party. I was never any good at mw2 but the first game back I went 33-2, yeah I was sound whoring with sit rep, scar with fmj and at4 but I was loving it. You occasionally get games that restores your faith in a game and you realise why you put so many hours into it. Then you could encounter in the very same lobby someone using oma/dc/noobtube and you're swear jar overflows.

On the last point about the COD community being bad there are d*ckheads in all online games. Only yesterday in bad company I saw a "teammate" c4 up a house with an enemy objective inside that they needed to destroy. He blew it up for them. Other times you get guys who just sit in tanks/choppers/vehicles and do nothing with them so you're left attacking the other team without a powerful vehicle or transport. Fair enough if he's a crappy or a new pilot and gets shot down or crashes but to sit there is just infuriating. Then there are guys who "snipe" from about 2 miles away from the action or objective and contribute zero to a team. I lost the rag with them, for the guys in the chopper on a break I rammed them repeatedly with a humvee pushing it into the water and destroying it so it would at least respawn and the "sniper" I spammed smoke grenades on him and blocked his view till he moved up.

so played a load of this over the weekend - is it just me or has mw2 become a much nicer place now most of the tossers have moved on? Got a ton of friend requests and almost no hate mail:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm still getting hate mail, but that's a good sign ey? ;)

Definitely a lot less noobtubing, and a ton less witching, I even saw a few randomers cap flags and defuse bombs :eek:

Enjoying it so much at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Mini Uzi is all kinds of beastly.

I'm ashamed to say this, but I never knew you could hold R1 and the AA12 would shoot constantly, full auto = no pump action in my eyes.

I'm Lee, and it took me almost 1.5 years to realise this.

Oh dear...

Did you ever not hold it down in panic? Or just check the fire rate? Or see other gamers have shells spew out their guns? :D

Oh dear...

Did you ever not hold it down in panic? Or just check the fire rate? Or see other gamers have shells spew out their guns? :D

I always used to tap fire it :o Beasting tonight with it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say this, but I never knew you could hold R1 and the AA12 would shoot constantly, full auto = no pump action in my eyes.

Ahhh dude!
    I just left a lobby of noobs there and they were the kind to run EVERYWHERE in groups of 2 or 3..... full auto aa12 hail , the sound of hit markers was deafening! Scavenger is a must along with extended mags. 12 rounds downrange in about 3 seconds... sweet baby jesus:eek:

Stick with the fmj challenge and unlock the extended mags probably shouldnt have even be left in the final build tbh

• Advertisement

Stick with the fmj challenge and unlock the extended mags probably shouldnt have even be left in the final build tbh

They're shotguns so it's 400 kills, have about 250ish atm started off with 0 earlier this evening hehe.

Leeg17 wrote: »

That's so funny
    What did you think was happening when someone was pasting you to a wall with it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

AK47 + FMJs + Hardline Pro, playing Demo on Rust > idiot kids

COME AT ME BRO.

So does that mean the AA12 has extra scavenger rounds, the standard clip and extended mags? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

So does that mean the AA12 has extra scavenger rounds, the standard clip and extended mags? :eek:

AA-12 has 16 rounds when extended, acts better with a grip to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Forget the grip, extended mags is where it's at. If you start at mid chest level the worst you'll end up doing with the recoil is getting headshots.

Cossax wrote: »
    Forget the grip, extended mags is where it's at. If you start at mid chest level the worst you'll end up doing with the recoil is getting headshots.

Totally agree, compensate for the recoil and you have 16 12gauge rounds capable of killing a group of 5 or so folks in a few seconds (on consideration they are relatively close). The ability to do that level of damage more than makes up for having to adjust for recoil. Grip makes it uber controllable but thats not what the aa12 is about - its about sheer rounds down range in cqc.

Its on all my classes. To me shotguns are for room clearance nothing else and when you have got to absolutely clear a room - no other shotgun is as good , but dont take my word for it, here is our regional head of sales Mr.Terry Crews to demonstrate....

heres our favoute professional Russian to explain the AA-12 more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

love that guy!! brilliant!!

can you imagine if in MW3.. dual wield AA-12!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Totally agree, compensate for the recoil and you have 16 12gauge rounds capable of killing a group of 5 or so folks in a few seconds (on consideration they are relatively close). The ability to do that level of damage more than makes up for having to adjust for recoil. Grip makes it uber controllable but thats not what the aa12 is about - its about sheer rounds down range in cqc.

Its on all my classes. To me shotguns are for room clearance nothing else and when you have got to absolutely clear a room - no other shotgun is as good , but dont take my word for it, here is our regional head of sales Mr.Terry Crews to demonstrate....

Got a multikill with it on GW last week - walked down the alley on Skidrow by C Dom and it was utter carnage.

• Advertisement

I sir, am in your debt... had never seen this guy before and is niw the very first chaannel i have ever subscribed to on youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"you can poke him with the end and fúck his shít up" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,973 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Played about 10 games of MW2 last night - first few were f'ing abysmal - everything went wrong.. random grenades thrown half way over the map landed beside me, got taken out 2 or three times by air support, I changed to my anti-air class, just as I'm locking on, someone else takes it down, spawned in front of enemies.. the lot.

Then....

had some class games... and on TDM on Afghan, got an achievement I never had gotten before on all the prestiges...

"owned" and the "jugs" emblem for smacking the head off a bloke with a riot sheild in the final kill cam...

^ I got that one in an s&D on Storm right after taking out another guy with akimbo USPs. Walked round like a boss for about a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I was like 8 or 10 kills in the lead in an FFA, with one to go, so I made a point of messing by chasing people around with the shield to get that emblem and title. I love that people still can't deal with shields.

I sir, am in your debt... had never seen this guy before and is niw the very first chaannel i have ever subscribed to on youtube!

haha, FPS Russia is great, I'd love to have access to all those guns and just dick around with them like he does, watched loads of his vids in one sitting when I first saw his stuff

hypermuse wrote: »
    love that guy!! brilliant!!

can you imagine if in MW3.. dual wield AA-12!! :eek::eek::eek:

sshhhh, dont give em ideas! as much fun as that would be itd be way overpowered , sure you wouldnt have to use any other secondary with two of those things in your hands. If you get Bling Pro on MW2 you can have akimbo g18s with extended mags, stick stopping power on them and you'll annihilate people , got a load of triples running into a room and spraying like a lunatic, if you could do that with the AA12 itd be way too powerful

JoePie wrote: »
    I was like 8 or 10 kills in the lead in an FFA, with one to go, so I made a point of messing by chasing people around with the shield to get that emblem and title. I love that people still can't deal with shields.

Its mad really that people have been playing the game for over a year and still freak out, semtex on shield, boom, problem solved. or dropshot and go for the ankles.

if you want a great laugh dicking around put on the shield and akimbo 1887s and run around looking upwards, you look fcuking hilarious on the other persons pov. or turn your sensitivity to 10 and crouch and spin around, you spin so fast if someone is firing at you the shield usually deflects it, one of the lads got a gamewinning killcam on S&D as I was doing it and two snipers were standing right in front of me trying to quickscope me, fun times :D

if you want a great laugh dicking around put on the shield and akimbo 1887s and run around looking upwards, you look fcuking hilarious on the other persons pov.

You did this yesterday in Scrapyard, then I stuck them on and did it to Cody :pac:

We'll have to do some SnD later, find where the last guy is and have one of us run across the screen doing it while another gets the last kill. I will record :P

• Advertisement

one of the best games of Demo i've ever been in there, got a double ac-130 in the first round, and another 2 later on, went down to the last round, got the defuse with less than a second left on the clock and then had 10 secs left on the game clock to defend it like a bastard, what a game :D its matches like that which make up for all the noobtubing commando bullsh1t, kells you shouldnt have left you missed an awesome match :)

m6has.jpg

how much is a pvr?

Advertisement