Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

jambofc wrote: »
    i want just one good dumping of snow,just one,then and only then will i allow the summer to roll in. :rolleyes:

Thats what i want then after that i dont care.. we havnt really had that much snow this year just cold temps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Yea but you're alive. It's only precipitation!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    we havnt really had that much snow this year just cold temps..

Sums up this winter perfectly. While the intensity of cold has bordered on classic at times, it will be hard to define this winter as being a true classic if there is not at least one good countrywide snow dump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

torrential rain now this better be the end of this!

Well, there hasn't been a sniff of snow here for 4 weeks, and I won't be getting excited over this week either. All charts for snow and cold weather have always been 4-5 days out which is always jsut tantalizingly close but never quite make it. It's been a seasonal winter in terms of temperatures, but we're getting into a stronger sun and longer days - more conducive to convective showery weather during the day, but whether those showers are white or not, is all very marginal....

this is turning out to be rubbish again.... its dropped to 4c but the dps are wayy to high and the only place at around 2-3c which would be cold enough for snow is northern scotland were it is warming up too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It is a lovely day today in Dublin's City Centre, bright, minimal cloud. Hard to imagine that it could change that dramtically by Wedensday although I would never take anything for granted in Ireland.

Spring does appear to be creeping its way in though ever so slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

long time lurker so said I get involved.no snow here yet the sun is out ugh :mad:rain on grass not frost ugh :mad: but dps are gone down since this morning but are up again now.We got no snow yet :mad: only frost and that wasnt cold :mad: hopefulle it will snow soon

Snowc wrote: »
    long time lurker so said I get involved.no snow here yet the sun is out ugh :mad:rain on grass not frost ugh :mad: but dps are gone down since this morning but are up again now.We got no snow yet :mad: only frost and that wasnt cold :mad: hopefulle it will snow soon

Looks like you have a stalker Owen.

What a perfect couple :o:o:o

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Looks like you have a stalker Owen.

What a perfect couple :o:o:o

Naw he's my enemy!!! Some cold spell this is upto 6c and walk to wall sunshine I thought you said it would get colder ... Tomorrow better be ten times colder and 3c and we better get some snow tonight ...

15 February 2010 11:38

Today Ulster and Connacht will have scattered heavy showers this afternoon - which will turn wintry later on mountains - but some bright spells too, with the sun breaking through at times. Munster and Leinster will have a mix of cloud and sunny spells, with showery rain spreading southeastwards during the afternoon and evening after a dry start for most areas. Highest temperatures countrywide will range 6 to 9 C.
    Tonight

Tonight the northwest, west and southwest will have clear spells and scattered heavy showers - these giving snowfall on some mountains. Other parts of the country will become dry and generally clear, with early rain and showers (mainly in the south) dying out during the first half of the night. Frost will become widespread overnight away from Atlantic coasts, and severe in places later. Lowest temperatures will range + 3 to - 2 C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

this is my first time on the weather forum since the snow in january. while it was great at the time, we all know that any snow now is going to be wet and sleety. i can't wait for this bloddy summer to hurry up and arrive. i want a proper warm summer with just enough rain for crops/ grass to grow and no more. heatwave, here i come!!! :D will we hit 30 degrees this year????

Snowc wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Satire at its best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I hope no one minds if I :D if we get no snow.

13c to 14c dry weather with sun would be so nice. ok no sign of that but I can dream, Joe Bastardi predicts a cooler than normal March which isn't great but the worse of the winter is over.

The weather for this week just sounds messy and unpleasant but nothing extreme.

:D will we hit 30 degrees this year????

Temps will probably head this way in this thread if we don't see snow this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Temps will probably head this way in this thread if we don't see snow this week

can't wait for the summer threads, itll either be -5 or +40 in coleraine in july!!!;)

Some cold spell this is upto 6c and walk to wall sunshine I thought you said it would get colder ... .

Don't blame Wolfe! The general theme is for temps to very gradually get cooler over the next few days, but may not fall very far away from average overall.

Some spits of very light rain here at the moment. Incredible weather...

Don't blame Wolfe! The general theme is for temps to very gradually get cooler over the next few days, but may not fall very far away from average overall.

Some spits of very light rain here at the moment. Incredible weather...

I said it would get cold with snow potential for higher ground in particular from wed-fri. Have been saying this and this only since midweek last week. Don't recall saying isolated heavy and prolonged thundersnow over owen's padded cell on Monday at 12.46pm.

Deep, post some pics of your incredible weather.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Im off to brussels on friday for me stag:) any one any clue what weather will be like there for friday to sunday..

Congrats cretin. have a good one.

here is a link. not too dissimilar to here

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=netweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|BE|BE003|BRUSSELS&metric=1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

met.ie
    HEADLINE : Cold and unsettled for the rest of the week and during next weekend, with occasional showers and with night- time frosts. Tuesday night will bring clear spells and showers, with a risk of snow over mountains and some sleet or snow possible at some lower levels also.

i agree with this. as the low moves away it'll have to drag in some colder weather somewhere. i was never expecting a foot of snow but a fall at night would do me.

as we saw earlier this winter, north easterly and easterly airflows deliver cold and dry weather to most of the country, except of course for those in the east. if you live in these areas it's only natural you'll favour such setups but objectively speaking, unless the battleground situation between the the opposing airmasses delivers(which they rarely do), our best chance of widespread heavy snowfall remains the polar low.

• Advertisement

Took this just a few minutes ago Wolfe:

sp_tornado1.jpg

Tornado developing between here and Croagh Patrick! :eek:

:Dnice deep. Like a normal day in west clare here.

Tornados kill more here than old age.

By the way, I expect to see an upgrade in the 3.30pm GFS. This morning's output was quite reserved in terms of the potential it showed for snow.

Thanks for that wolfey! mainly for flights etc, also hopefully dry so i dont go arse over tit, DE is that photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Took this just a few minutes ago Wolfe:

sp_tornado1.jpg

Tornado developing between here and Croagh Patrick! :eek:

realistic enough:p
    as you always seem to be looking on as the interesting weather takes place across the border:p

:Dnice deep. Like a normal day in west clare here.

Tornados kill more here than old age.

Oh my God! There is one heading across the bay now heading straight for you WolfeIRE:

black-lake-tornado.jpg

Get to the bunker quick! :eek::eek:

Meanwhile, tornado has passed here and back to the spitty light rain...:pac:

High King Of Mayo can't blame George Lee for this storm :pac:
    105229.jpg

haha lol wolfey,

GLee on tornado "I couldnt possibly comment on that, I have heard rumblings, that all":D

High King Of Mayo can't blame George Lee for this storm :pac:
    105229.jpg

Sweet Jesus! :pac::pac: Nice one Wolfie.

Precip forecast (based on UKMO i think) for next few days

click on nedbor
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Precip forecast (based on UKMO i think) for next few days

click on nedbor
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

I think that's the HIRLAM

This discussion has been closed.