Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary Hurling Discussion Thread 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's a good U/21 team but we thought that last year when we went down to Dungarvan,the Tipp U/21 teams have caused us a lot of heartache over the last few years than anything else.Best of luck to them anyway I would love to see them go all the way..does anyone know if the Senior match on Sunday is being televised ? I'll be at the game myself but a couple of lads I know are on Hols out foreign and would like to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sonic boom

any1 have a list of the subs? brendan maher wasted in the backs. and considerin noel mcgrath is playin for the seniors sunday he doesnt really need all the extra running that playin midfield requires, id have left him corner forward. havin said that we would appear to have enough firepower to get the job done.

Good win for Tipp tonight. after looking so commanding for a long time though it very nearly slipped from our grasp. 2-17 to 21 points it finished.
    Scorers, Seamus Hennessey (1-3), Mikey Heffernan (1-2), Noel Mcgrath (0-5), Sean Carey (sub) (0-2), Brendan Maher, Bubbles, Paddy Murphy, Bonner Maher (all 0-1).....thats 2-16 i have...not sure if buggy o'meara got a point as well when he came on.

EDIT: Noel got a 6th point. 2 of his were from play. Hennessey was definitely motm last night. unreal. Won everything absolutely dominated, scored a crucial goal from a 21, a 65 and a delightful sideline cut as well as a lovely point from play.
    i dont think i could have handled another defeat to cork this year.

Great stuff,thought we were gone in normal time until Hennessey banged in the free.looking forward to going to the Munster final now...Up the Premier.:cool:

Tipp team v Offaly.

Brendan Cummins

Paddy Stapleton
    Paul Curran
    Michael Cahill

Declan Fanning
    Conor O'Mahony
    Padraic Maher

David Young
    Brendan Maher

Gearoid Ryan
    Shane Mcgrath
    Patrick 'Bonnar' Maher

Noel Mcgrath
    Larry Corbett
    Eoin Kelly

• Advertisement

Callinan dropped ? interesting.

tippspur wrote: »
    Callinan dropped ? interesting.

He is probably burned out in fairness.I heard last year he hurled for Drom and inch, tipp u21s and tipp seniors in the space of a week. it takes its toll eventually. Him and Noel look knackered at times to be honest. Still a serious sub to bring on.
    Tipp have decent bench if you take Shane Maher,
    Hammersley, Buggy, Hennessey (after his excellent performance last night), Benny (if fit) Paul Kelly (if fit), Festy, Callanan, Heffernan, Darren Gleeson (capable custodian), Pa Bourke, even Johno or Egan might be worth a trick or two.

Tipp team v Offaly.

Brendan Cummins

Paddy Stapleton
    Paul Curran
    Michael Cahill

Declan Fanning
    Conor O'Mahony
    Padraic Maher

David Young
    Brendan Maher

Gearoid Ryan
    Shane Mcgrath
    Patrick 'Bonnar' Maher

Noel Mcgrath
    Larry Corbett
    Eoin Kelly
    He is probably burned out in fairness.I heard last year he hurled for Drom and inch, tipp u21s and tipp seniors in the space of a week. it takes its toll eventually. Him and Noel look knackered at times to be honest. Still a serious sub to bring on.
    Tipp have decent bench if you take Shane Maher,
    Hammersley, Buggy, Hennessey (after his excellent performance last night), Benny (if fit) Paul Kelly (if fit), Festy, Callanan, Heffernan, Darren Gleeson (capable custodian), Pa Bourke, even Johno or Egan might be worth a trick or two.
    Agreed,some good talent on the bench there.I hope Young can do the biz in midfield but twud be even better if Shane Mc Grath does well at CF,that's where we really need improvement...Up the Premier...

tippspur wrote: »
    Agreed,some good talent on the bench there.I hope, Young can do the biz in midfield but twud be even better if Shane Mc Grath does well at CF that's where we really need improvement...Up the Premier...

id be surprised if Mcgrath starts at CF. I expect a swap round with him maybe dropping back to MF, maybe Young wing forward and Bonnar centre forward

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

id be surprised if Mcgrath starts at CF. I expect a swap round with him maybe dropping back to MF, maybe Young wing forward and Bonnar centre forward

IIRC Young hurled in the half forward line and midfield as a minor so not beyond possibility. Personally I would leave it for a while and see how it goes.

I would have liked to see Buggy start with Noel Mc futher out the field. Buggy caused Cork the world of trouble in 21 game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sonic boom

brendan maher played wing forward for tipp at minor 1 year, and plays in the forwards for the club 2, wouldnt be surprised if he goes wing forward, bonnar centre forward and shane mcgrath midfield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

well lads. due to work commitments , i wont be there tomorrow but i was just wondering is it on telly? i couldnt see it being advertised anywhere. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

tom thum wrote: »
    well lads. due to work commitments , i wont be there tomorrow but i was just wondering is it on telly? i couldnt see it being advertised anywhere. thanks
    It's not on TV at all which is a disaster. I'm now stuck in two minds of whether to travel up and risk missing the chance to see Swans play an u21 South Final or to not travel at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Will it be streaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Orizio wrote: »
    Will it be streaming?
    I can't see anything about RTE showing it online only anyway.

Also since it's not on TV, I don't think the lads on Justin.tv etc... can stream it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

thanks looder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Any place to watch or listen to the match lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Any place to watch or listen to the match lads?
    i can only find tipp fm

i can only find tipp fm

Is it working for you? It wont load on my laptop unfortunatley :(

Is it working for you? It wont load on my laptop unfortunatley :(
    Im using the radio here :p

Edit: I clicked "listen live" on tippfm.com and its not working for me either

• Advertisement

Im using the radio here :p

Edit: I clicked "listen live" on tippfm.com and its not working for me either

Fecker, enjoy :P Let us know how we're gettin on :)

Fecker, enjoy :P Let us know how we're gettin on :)
    Half-Time 0-14 to 0-5
    David Young having a good game in centre-field apparently

Half-Time 0-14 to 0-5
    David Young having a good game in centre-field apparently

Good stuff! Hows Shane doing centre forward? Who's doin the most of our scoring?

Good stuff! Hows Shane doing centre forward? Who's doin the most of our scoring?
    Im missing four scores, but kelly has at least 4 (three from frees), and at least six others have scored including Shane, we had a big wind in the first half so we need to push on now

Im missing four scores, but kelly has at least 4 (three from frees), and at least six others have scored including Shane, we had a big wind in the first half so we need to push on now

Good on ya lad, teletext is as slow as a wet week

Good on ya lad, teletext is as slow as a wet week
    ah its terrible alright

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Tipp 0:14 - 0:05 Offaly

E Kelly x 4 (3f)
    B Maher x 2
    Noel Mc x 2
    G Ryan x 2
    S McGrath x 1