Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »
    I have a few passengers in the squad. But was thinking about giving all my main 24 guys 1 session each on Tuesday. What effect does 1 session have on energy?
    None that you'll notice. I don't think i've seen a player drop an energy level after fewer than three sessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Fewcifur wrote: »
    eh... I'll just shush. :pac:

Think I'll shush too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

None that you'll notice. I don't think i've seen a player drop an energy level after fewer than three sessons.

If you train a player he won't 'regain' energy though will he? Like a pumped player might recharge to supercharged if he doesn't train but may not dip to energised with 3 sessions, is that right? I still don't quite get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

JohnButler wrote: »
    Think I'll shush too.

Especially since you're in danger of getting knocked below the auto-promote line :pac:

I'm currently lined up to go into league 6 with Mar-z and a mate of mine in Kilsough Warriors. No doubt this will change (and JB will get knocked into playoff land :P )

Ok, so changed again... now I'm heading into 7 with a buncha you boardsie misfits! I notice Gnomes have indeed been relegated and are they heading into league 3 with Bogwarriors? Say hello to my old friends Carolans!

My God i am dangerously close to slipping down!!

Surely its fully updated and i will be safe??

By the way how does one work out what league they could end up in?

Edi: Fcuk it, i did fall below that blasted line!!

• Advertisement

Just scanned through the documentation there and it seems the auto-promote spots are subject to change right to the end of the playoffs.

Am i right or have i mis read? Is there still hope? Dear god is there still hope??

My God i am dangerously close to slipping down!!

Surely its fully updated and i will be safe??

By the way how does one work out what league they could end up in?

Edi: Fcuk it, i did fall below that blasted line!!

1st place goes into league 1... all the way down to 16, then 17 goes into 1, then you go down to the play-off position chaps.
    Just scanned through the documentation there and it seems the auto-promote spots are subject to change right to the end of the playoffs.

Am i right or have i mis read? Is there still hope? Dear god is there still hope??

They can change, yes, but I reckon that'll be unlikely, what with the amount of bots going on. Don't fret though, if you're heading towards league 3, then you'll just have to play a match against a bot, if I'm correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Yep, it will be updated with the teams that win the playoffs so you can move up if some first placed teams lose their playoffs. No way to work out exactly where until then.

Edit: Frankie beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

JB I think if all stays the same after playoffs your due to play a team from III.3 and I think its Half Acre Hornets

Hmmmm interesting few matches ahead!

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    JB I think if all stays the same after playoffs your due to play a team from III.3 and I think its Half Acre Hornets

Half Acre Hornets? Fudge, they'll give you a decent run for your money, I was hoping it would be a bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What are people doing about Training on Tues?I am very tempted to cancel all my individual sessions to rest up for the Playoffs. Worth it? (considering i only have an outside chance in the playoffs anyway)

No, crazy idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Orizio wrote: »
    No, crazy idea.

Which is crazy, resting or not resting?

Judging by your previous posts i would say not resting is crazy.

So, looks like at least myself and the Sex Panthers are going up to play with the boys in league 7. Fun times! :D

Which is crazy, resting or not resting?

Judging by your previous posts i would say not resting is crazy.

Other way around. Not training anyone is crazy (assuming that is what you are proposing).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Other way around. Not training anyone is crazy (assuming that is what you are proposing).

I agree, I have now swtiched training from my top players I want at perfect for playoffs to players that will be subbing etc.

if you dont train anyone then you are effectively wasting those slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Nah, thinking of not resting my fitter starters and subs etc. But definetly at least reducing the training some of the lads get (i.e. not giving 1 man more than 1 or 2 sessions I think). I'll see what energy levels are like Monday night.

anyone watching the U20's match v SA? 20mins gone and SA have 96% territory, but only one try! quality defense - but it all so early means we could be shafted in last 20!

edit: seven all - nice try too!

eoferrall wrote: »
    edit: seven all - nice try too!
    Up 12 7 at halftime. Playing @ normal could pay off!

Up 12 7 at halftime. Playing @ normal could pay off!

It did pay off! 3 from 3, top of pool B! reckon we will be playing wales or france? which would we have better chance of beating?

Don't know much about the international sides as only just started paying attention to them!:o

• Advertisement

15 pops in the past week! :eek:

15 pops in the past week! :eek:

Match & training or just training?

eoferrall wrote: »
    Match & training

Two training sessions, two WNWIM matches.

So everyone set for the play-offs? Everyone feeling confident?

So everyone set for the play-offs? Everyone feeling confident?

Everyone is confidient, everyone is set! :D now to see if the tactics come off so i still have rested players for Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Total change of normal tactics for semi - and it worked, won 38-0 against a team which I had very close games with in regular season [won one and lost one].

Realisitcally I have next to no chance tomorrow in final, as they are the team who won group stage quite easily and beat me easily twice.

Half tempted to go WNWIM and use it for training and take a defeat tbh with an eye on winning league next season? But I guess I will sleep on it and see.

Total change of normal tactics for semi - and it worked, won 38-0 against a team which I had very close games with in regular season [won one and lost one].

Realisitcally I have next to no chance tomorrow in final, as they are the team who won group stage quite easily and beat me easily twice.

Half tempted to go WNWIM and use it for training and take a defeat tbh with an eye on winning league next season? But I guess I will sleep on it and see.
    I would still go ltnt. There is an experience bonus for knockouts, which may 'stack' with the 1.5 experience multiplier for playing LTNT.

I'll be glad to get out of this joke that is Div IV ... My team of props just destroyed a bot 93-0. I must say I'm liking the effect that a team full of forwards is having, I may finally realise my dreams and just fire my whole backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I would still go ltnt.
    thanks, Ive done that :)

Fingers crossed now, its in the hands of the gods :)

• Advertisement

So i have gone over a full year without having premium membership but i could go on no longer without it.

Just got it there and its gonna make the Gnomes even more awesome!

Advertisement