Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Orizio wrote: »
    ...which is why I'm delighted to see both of my main contenders play 'normally' today. :p

Crafty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

...which is why I'm delighted to see both of my main contenders play 'normally' today. :p

HOw do you know by looking at the game? For instance what are the teams in http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=3951284&showall=1 playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Everyone Likes A Tryer is doing the job here. :D

Let them back in:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

crisco10 wrote: »
    HOw do you know by looking at the game? For instance what are the teams in http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=3951284&showall=1 playing?

Compare their stats to other games and its easy enough to tell

Don't worry I still have plenty in the tank to take you on LTNT in the final Orizio!;)

Played normal as a favour to you - had a feeling Cork were going to also but I have a feeling they may have LTNT'd stupidly with their strong finish?

but my OH and a couple other keys players are out resting. not even on bench!:D

Edit: Sorry Orizio - Spare OH bottled the last minute conversion to win the game! sure you should take them on energy anyways! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I've taken the lead by 2 points. Five minutes left for my opponent to get a score in his match. This is getting tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

******* bollocks.

The good news is that those langers Cork Coyotes have you down tactically...

*pms wileE for advice*

eoferrall wrote: »
    Don't worry I still have plenty in the tank to take you on LTNT in the final Orizio!;)

Played normal as a favour to you - had a feeling Cork were going to also but I have a feeling they may have LTNT'd stupidly with their strong finish?

but my OH and a couple other keys players are out resting. not even on bench!:D

Edit: Sorry Orizio - Spare OH bottled the last minute conversion to win the game! sure you should take them on energy anyways! :D

They played 'normal', I think we can guarantee it.

Thanks anyway.

crisco10 wrote: »

Take note of each teams best players energy levels pre and post match.

You can guess pretty easily by looking at their pre-match stats as well. I also think the amount of handling mistakes says something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I didn't get thrashed by third in the league. :eek:

Woohoo, progress. :D

Looks I'll be finishing in sixth for definite. Do I have a relegation play-off now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Looks I'll be finishing in sixth for definite. Do I have a relegation play-off now?

Yep, Wednesday week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Made fourth place on points difference. Two points :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Had a bot game today so it really didnt matter as I finished top...

Though I have noticed that 2nd played 3rd and third won... still doesnt mean much with the table like it is but im hoping that 2nd will go out for revenge on friday and LTNT them giving me a great chance in the final as I should be able to win on Friday playing normally...

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I finished in fourth and only used a Normal instead of LTNT, delighted. The guy I was playing today told me it was a nothing game for him last night so he wasnt pushed using LTNT. :D Fantastic stuff

******* bollocks.

The good news is that those langers Cork Coyotes have you down tactically...

*pms wileE for advice*

Yeah changed them to up kicking and a more forwards orientated match since they didnt seem to have tall locks from a quick look... will be going back to my normal ones now!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think today proves how bad I am at BR ... I tried my best to lose and I had my best bot game ever. Hope the promotion table updates soon, at the moment it has me in 2nd place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I think today proves how bad I am at BR ... I tried my best to lose and I had my best bot game ever. Hope the promotion table updates soon, at the moment it has me in 2nd place!

Is that not updated fully?

I was just about to post that it looks like you and the Gnomes (assuming victory in playoffs) both go into III.2. But if not up to date then nevermind

Or maybe just how damn good you are?!!

Anyways.. im happily back in the land of autopromote!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

How do the promotion tables work?

I'm 5th place at the moment and hoping I come through the playoffs next week does that mean I'll be playing in IV.5 ?

mar-z wrote: »

I was just about to post that it looks like you and the Gnomes (assuming victory in playoffs) both go into III.2. But if not up to date then nevermind

A season in the same league as the Death Squad? Sparks sure to fly!

• Advertisement

satory wrote: »
    How do the promotion tables work?

I'm 5th place at the moment and hoping I come through the playoffs next week does that mean I'll be playing in IV.5 ?

Assuming the teams above you in the promotion table win then yes 5th means you go to league 5

The table will be updated after the playoffs with all the teams that won them so might change if a team who didn't win round robin wins the playoff.

At the moment all it means for definite is you will be somewhere from leagues IV.1-IV5 as you might move up the table if another team above you fails.

JohnButler wrote: »
    A season in the same league as the Death Squad? Sparks sure to fly!
    Ah, that makes me feel a bit better, not because I think I can take ya, but because at least there'll be some banter. Twas good craic being in the same league as the Bogwarrior last season.
    mar-z wrote: »

Jez, I kinda assumed it wasn't fully updated, I find it hard to believe that only three of us kept a clean sheet and got the maximum. My own league table just updated a few minutes ago, I'm reeeeally hoping I'm not in league 2!

... though, twud be good craic to be in with the gnomes :D

Jez, I kinda assumed it wasn't fully updated, I find it hard to believe that only three of us kept a clean sheet and got the maximum. My own league table just updated a few minutes ago, I'm reeeeally hoping I'm not in league 2!

You're right, I randomly clicked one of the teams on 65 and they hadn't been updated, so its too early to tell where you are yet.

Wouldn't be much fun getting your arse handed to ya Frankie!!:p

Would be great craic though all the same. This season has been most boring!

What are people doing about Training on Tues? I am very tempted to cancel all my individual sessions to rest up for the Playoffs. Worth it? (considering i only have an outside chance in the playoffs anyway)

No training for me anyways. Couple of my young guys have very hard sessions so i want them nice and fresh.

JohnButler wrote: »
    Wouldn't be much fun getting your arse handed to ya Frankie!!:p

Would be great craic though all the same. This season has been most boring!

Big words now that you're no longer going to be in the same league as me :P

Though... it could still happen. If it's all relative we may find ourselves both in league 5 or something. So eh... I'll just shush. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Same as, I'm gonna put some of my young players who won't be in the playoff squad as many sessions as possible though, wear them out completly and see what pops I get, more for the kicks than for any real game plan!

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    Same as, I'm gonna put some of my young players who won't be in the playoff squad as many sessions as possible though, wear them out completly and see what pops I get, more for the kicks than for any real game plan!

I have a few passengers in the squad. But was thinking about giving all my main 24 guys 1 session each on Tuesday. What effect does 1 session have on energy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Came fifth in my league, 1 point behind 3rd and 4th.

Looks like that fcuk up in round 8 cost me a playoff spot and some decent prize-money.

:mad::mad:

Advertisement