Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 - Time to Gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Orizio wrote: »
    Is there a week break in between the end of the league and the play-offs? And will energy be reset?

No and No :D

Energy will be reset for teams between the playoffs and qualifiers.

Playoffs in week 15
    Qualifiers in week 16

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ah, sweet **** all training for Ben Young next week then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Ah, sweet **** all training for Ben Young next week then. ;)

Yeah, it's a tough call.

I decided to train my lads at the last minute today and as a result I'll be leaving them out of my team for this Saturday.

It's play or train at this stage of the season :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

just out of curiosity, how are the fixtures for playoff semi finals decided, is it random or does it go like 1st place v 4th place, 2nd place V 3rd place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

bossa_nova wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, how are the fixtures for playoff semi finals decided, is it random or does it go like 1st place v 4th place, 2nd place V 3rd place?

1st v 4th, with 1st being home and 2nd v 3rd with 2nd at home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

eoferrall wrote: »
    1st v 4th, with 1st being home and 2nd v 3rd with 2nd at home

nice:D:D

gonna finish top this season and 4th place is a bot so im sure ill be back in div 3 next season :)

eofarrell, if you could play that chap 'normally' next weekend, I won't complain. ;)

Done, and largely full team, couple players rested to ensure full perfect squad for playoffs.

Is Blackout loading for anyone else? want to check the team stats etc.

Fails to open log in page at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

eoferrall wrote: »
    Is Blackout loading for anyone else? want to check the team stats etc.

Fails to open log in page at all :(

Not working for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Logs in for me, but wont load any page after the office you start at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Me too. Its f**ked at minute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

me 3...

First game in weeks I sit down to "watch". typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »
    First game in weeks I sit down to "watch". typical.
    I suspect you and your like are the problem <shakes fist>
    Meanwhile, 26-0 up after 18 minutes. Well on track for the 100 point win i'll need to be sure of fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

I suspect you and your like are the problem <shakes fist>
    Meanwhile, 26-0 up after 18 minutes. Well on track for the 100 point win i'll need to be sure of fourth.

What a welcoming attitude. I no longer love you dave. :D

Server overload. Jeremy can't do a thing apparently.

Anyway, mine is wroking...just very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

28-6 down at half time to JB's team.

Went 'normal' it to conserve for playoffs, and tried a lot of new positional combinations etc.. so was'nt expecting too much anyway. JB has better team, so no point picking up Stupid injuries/ loosing energy ahead of a playoff spot which is already guarenteed.

Let's hope it doesnt get too crickety :P

Evidently Cork Coyotes is playing normal as well - a mistake imo, I'd take the away semi and keep my energy as high as possible.

Server overload. Jeremy can't do a thing apparently.

Anyway, mine is wroking...just very slowly.
    This is what the amazon servers are for - the site is supposed to spawn more servers when they get stressed. Still needs some work obviously!

Edit: This is going to be ridiculously close. As it stands, positions 3-6 could all end up with 36 points. On points difference, I'm 30 away from 4th place, but gaining fast against a bot.

Seems to be working fine now anyway. And right now have a home semi spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Bah, my fate is in the hand of the rugby gods! I fielded a team of only forwards, 5 props, 5 seconds and the rest are flankers... I'm decimating the poor team 50-0 at half time. Irritating.

Edit: Just looking at some stats, this is the best I think my team has ever played. My usual hooker has kicked 6 of 10 conversions, not great I know, but his kicking is 5 I think. My opponents have won ZERO scrums, I've gained 550+ metres while the opposition are on 50. I'm absolutely taking them apart. I know they're just a bot squad, but compared to my usual starting line-up this is quite impressive. Who needs backs eh? :P

End score: 90-0, officially my best score against a bot. I knew the future was forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    28-6 down at half time to JB's team.

Went 'normal' it to conserve for playoffs, and tried a lot of new positional combinations etc.. so was'nt expecting too much anyway. JB has better team, so no point picking up Stupid injuries/ loosing energy ahead of a playoff spot which is already guarenteed.

Let's hope it doesnt get too crickety :P

After much deliberation i went with WNWIM....really wanted to make sure i have a perfect squad for the playoffs and full TNT!!

Was a risky move but it seems to be working so far, although it aint over yet!

Just keeping my fingers crossed i pick up no injuries using that blasted WNWIM!

Everyone Likes A Tryer is doing the job here. :D

Really need the 60 minute energy calculations to turn things my way. 64-0 atm and i'll need at least the hundred.

I have to be honest, everyone should be playing WNWIM the game before the play-offs (even the two games before if possible). Energy is hugely hugely important.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

31-8 up, home semi in the bag hopefully and just praying I don't get any injuries!

Really need the 60 minute energy calculations to turn things my way. 64-0 atm and i'll need at least the hundred.

???

Have you done stats on the importance of energy the way you have done with experience etc?

I have to be honest, everyone should be playing WNWIM the game before the play-offs (even the two games before if possible). Energy is hugely hugely important.

Couldn't agree more.

JohnButler wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

...which is why I'm delighted to see both of my main contenders play 'normally' today. :p

• Advertisement

???

Have you done stats on the importance of energy the way you have done with experience etc?
    No, nothing like that. I do notice that a a lot of matches with strong V weak teams, the difference really starts to show in the last 20. I reckon that's when the energy bump from playing LTNT wears off.

Advertisement