Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Did I read something about Sky blocking cccam for a lot of channels cause of card sharing? Maybe that's what's happening? You could try oscam instead and see if that'll work

http://linuxsat-support.com/oscam-configs-all-packages/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Clareman wrote: »
    Did I read something about Sky blocking cccam for a lot of channels cause of card sharing? Maybe that's what's happening? You could try oscam instead and see if that'll work

http://linuxsat-support.com/oscam-configs-all-packages/

No I doubt that's his problem. I think sky decreased the ecm times so you need fast broadband with low ping rates or the picture will break up. Ironically old sky boxes couldn't deal with the changes and had problems too.

Using an incorrect boxkey seems to be what most people do wrong.

Others seem to recommend using oscam instead of cccam.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When you scanned the channels on your box did you enable diseqc? Mightn't be able to flick between normal and data channels if it wasn't enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Non HD channels work so it wont be that.
    Yeah, I knew it was unlikely but was just spitballing possibilities, I'm fairly sure its a .cfg or box setup issue
    When you scanned the channels on your box did you enable diseqc? Mightn't be able to flick between normal and data channels if it wasn't enabled

Enabling Diseqc would be very unlikely to have any bearing on this issue.
    Stuxnet has stated he receives FTA channels which barring some situation I've never heard of(Which is very possible ;) ), means the LNB is active and working.
    And would (to my mind at least) eliminate any possible Diseqc issue.

Diseqc switches allows multiple LNBs to be connected to a single tuner,and too switch between those LNBs.
    With Diseqc only 1 LNB is active per tuner at any time, it does not allow or provide any ability to recognise ''normal'' or ''data'' and has no bearing on a tuner being able to receive/decode those channels other than of course specifying which LNB is active at which time.
    If the box is displaying FTA channels from the expected satellite, its safe to assume that any Diseqc(if used) is working correcly.

banie01 wrote: »
    Enabling Diseqc would be very unlikely to have any bearing on this issue.
    Stuxnet has stated he receives FTA channels which barring some situation I've never heard of(Which is very possible ;) ), means the LNB is active and working.
    And would (to my mind at least) eliminate any possible Diseqc issue.

Diseqc switches allows multiple LNBs to be connected to a single tuner,and too switch between those LNBs.
    With Diseqc only 1 LNB is active per tuner at any time, it does not allow or provide any ability to recognise ''normal'' or ''data'' and has no bearing on a tuner being able to receive/decode those channels other than of course specifying which LNB is active at which time.
    If the box is displaying FTA channels from the expected satellite, its safe to assume that any Diseqc(if used) is working correcly.

I've noticed that when you don't enable it when you are scanning that a load of channels are missing, you will get ~1000 when scanning with it enabled ~500 with it set to off, it might be something to try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Did you try turning your Sky card the other way around?
    You'd be surprised how many people have it in wrong way round?
    ah Im not that bad :-p
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
    BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 XX XX XX XX XX

Is correct with sci0 being the top card slot reader.
    I think you have to have the line:
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

before the BOXKEY line as i think it may lead to a syntax error?
    Ill swap them around and see, Ive the sky box hooked back up again temporarily, till the weekend, cheers
    Also, when you add the .cfg file are you restarting the Vu+
    And do you have CCcam set to autostart?
    I wasnt at first, but I have tried, and yes CCcam is set to autostart, hoping its something just as minor a bad misinterpretation of my serial and conversion to hex, can I pm you what I have and you confirm for me ?

I've noticed that when you don't enable it when you are scanning that a load of channels are missing, you will get ~1000 when scanning with it enabled ~500 with it set to off, it might be something to try.

Diseqc will have no bearing on the number of channels received during a single satellite scan.
    You should recieve @ 955 services from 28.2 see here including about 50 ''data'' streams.
    In that case even if Diseqc made a difference to the ''data'' channels received it would be a difference of @50 channels

Now considering Sky Boxes are designed to specifically exclude Diseqc protocols its not possible that Diseqc enable would allow you to receive anything that a standard Sky HD box can't receive.
    Meaning Diseqc has absolutely no bearing on a standard Sky set up or Linux pointed at 28.2e.
    In the case of your jump from 500 - 1000 channels by enabling Diseqc in a single LNB setup.....I'm stumped :confused: as even if Data streams made a difference it would only be @50 data services and @120 radios.

Are you sure your doubling of services is not a case of double counting on scanning both tuner A and B is it?
    i.e Tuner A will scan and give a channel count on a single scan ie 955, but if you do a multituner scan on A and B it will give you a total of 1910 as it will count duplicate services on seperate tuners as seperate services.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    ah Im not that bad :-p

Ill swap them around and see, Ive the sky box hooked back up again temporarily, till the weekend, cheers

Also, when you add the .cfg file are you restarting the Vu+
    And do you have CCcam set to autostart?
    I wasnt at first, but I have tried, and yes CCcam is set to autostart, hoping its something just as minor a bad misinterpration of my serial to hex, can I pm you what I have and you confirm for me ?[/QUOTE]

Of course, But just using the Hex calculator in windows should sort you out for the correct box key.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Diseqc will have no bearing on the number of channels received during a single satellite scan.
    You should recieve @ 955 services from 28.2 see here including about 50 ''data'' streams.
    In that case even if Diseqc made a difference to the ''data'' channels received it would be a difference of @50 channels

Now considering Sky Boxes are designed to specifically exclude Diseqc protocols its not possible that Diseqc enable would allow you to receive anything that a standard Sky HD box can't receive.
    Meaning Diseqc has absolutely no bearing on a standard Sky set up or Linux pointed at 28.2e.
    In the case of your jump from 500 - 1000 channels by enabling Diseqc in a single LNB setup.....I'm stumped :confused: as even if Data streams made a difference it would only be @50 data services and @120 radios.

Are you sure your doubling of services is not a case of double counting on scanning both tuner A and B is it?
    i.e Tuner A will scan and give a channel count on a single scan ie 955, but if you do a multituner scan on A and B it will give you a total of 1910 as it will count duplicate services on seperate tuners as seperate services.

That's all correct but I do know that some Enigma2 boxes (specifically the Gigablue) had a firmware issue/bug that limited the scan if diseqc wasn't selected in the tuner set-up. ...irrespective of whether there was a Diseqc switch connected or not. I've never heard of that problem on the Vu+ boxes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Sorry lads meant to get back to ye, went through a few hoops with banie last night, everything was correct on my end so we were both a bit stumped.

Then I noticed a flashing green icon on my epg, had to google to see what it meant, turned out there were 56 updates available to me, downloaded and installed them what do you know all my HD channels were suddenly available to me !!

so all good now, only thing that doesnt work is channel 4 and chan 4+1 ? weird !

Stuck on xmbc metro theme from the plugins menu, really nice UI and epg now, so happy enough witht the visual layout now also :)

just need to train the brain now to learn the series link stuff/auto timers..:cool:

• Advertisement

Get Project Valerie and 1Channel Plugins, you don't need anything else after that :)

Channel 4's are difficult, a lot of users here have had problems with them, go to all channels in your Bouquets and find the 1 that works, there's probably 4 different copies of each, copy that manually over to your main Bouquet then.

Is Valerie working on VIX3.0 now? I know there were problems when OpenVIX was first launched.

Project Valerie is Superb! :D
    But it does take a little bit of setting up, especially on OE3.0+/VIX 3.0+ builds.
    If you install and run ''as is'' it will crash your box at the end of file playback.
    You need to go to Menu>Setup>Recording Settings and change ''behaviour when a movie is stopped'' and ''behaviour when a movie finishes'' options to ask user.

Also, if you have any TV series PVMC will manage and catalog those for you too but it can take a little finesseing ;)
    A little file called a ''valerie.info'' with the tvdb series number will sort any sync issues ;) (Usually)
    See these post,andThis.
    You also need to .MKV and .MP4 to the recognised filetypes via the WebIF as otherwise these files won't be catalogued by PVMC.

I have blackhole and it works perfectly straight from the install.

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Is Valerie working on VIX3.0 now? I know there were problems when OpenVIX was first launched.

@ SalteeDog see my post below your one.
    You just need to change a few settings in the record settings menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads where you getting your boxes from?

@tinner satboxes.com....good value & good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

@tinner satboxes.com....good value & good service.

+1
    they have been top notch any dealings I have had with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

tinner777 wrote: »
    lads where you getting your boxes from?

I got mine from ielektroniks.com

kierank01 wrote: »
    I got mine from ielektroniks.com

Same as myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody else having problems with recordings being split in 2 with only a few minutes of the start and end?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with recordings being split in 2 with only a few minutes of the start and end?

never had that problem but I did have problems with only a few minutes of a program being recorded but that was a problem with the tuners.

Where I have had recordings split in two it's because the box crashed/rebooted sometime during the recording..sometimes happens if I have too many recordings happening at the same time. That said it's always recorded most of the program with just the minutes missing that coincide with the time taken to reboot.

Initially I did think that it might have been the box crashing but then I noticed it happening on recordings while watching another channel.

Another problem has since surfaced where I am unable to update the box via the settings menu so I will probably just do an update via usb when I have time.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Saltee dog is this something you have noticed happening only recently.
    Im on vix 3.0 very 519 and notice that recordings are regularly crashing and the box rebooting. It never happened before on older versions ( except when recording on usb dtt except I don't use that any more. Also in this version I notice that auto timer scan causes spinning vix logo that never happened before. Something definitely changed in recent versions. I will do online update today to see if there is a change.

Where I have had recordings split in two it's because the box crashed/rebooted sometime during the recording..sometimes happens if I have too many recordings happening at the same time. That said it's always recorded most of the program with just the minutes missing that coincide with the time taken to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

lertsnim wrote: »
    Initially I did think that it might have been the box crashing but then I noticed it happening on recordings while watching another channel.

Another problem has since surfaced where I am unable to update the box via the settings menu so I will probably just do an update via usb when I have time.

There is a setting somewhere that allows you to set recordings as having priority over watching something.

If that was switched off, and you were hogging all the tuners, then something like might happen.

It's setup to give recordings the priority

@dfdream No, this isn't something that's just a recent occurrence. I'm on build 539 now and it seems quite stable. I skipped a few recent builds so I may have skipped 519.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

what is the name of the plugin for streaming channels to other boxes and does it have to be another duo or can it be any enigma 2 box? (sorry but thread is a bit long to search through to find it :P)

• Advertisement

Is it d IP address I need from my box to look up my system on a pc ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement