Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 guff daddy

SteJay wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to fast forward a movie file on the VU+ to a user defined number of minutes like on a sky box?

When i press help on the remote it says to longpress the right button but it doesnt work for me, im using vix image
    Longpress the fast forward button (>>) (button above the RADIO button) and it should bring up a slider graphic - you can then use the right button to move to the time you want...)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

guff daddy wrote: »
    Longpress the fast forward button (>>) (button above the RADIO button) and it should bring up a slider graphic - you can then use the right button to move to the time you want...)

Sound ill try that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Sound ill try that thanks

Also, if you stop a playback, later on when you return to it, if it doesn't automatically jump to the point you stopped, the progress/play bar displays a pink (on mine) line at the point you last stopped.

If you press the Right arrow button (">" at the bottom of the numbers) play will jump to this line.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Also, if you stop a playback, later on when you return to it, if it doesn't automatically jump to the point you stopped, the progress/play bar displays a pink (on mine) line at the point you last stopped.

If you press the Right arrow button (">" at the bottom of the numbers) play will jump to this line.

Sound gunther

Sound gunther

My 10 year old taught me that one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

dfdream wrote: »
    dnme,

DTT tuners on VU+ boxes (especially it seems for Irish users) is a disaster. You look on any forum and its the same comments (go back through this thread and you will see tons of DTT errors.
    Freezes, black screen, looping 10 sec video, tuner failed and on and on. Doesnt seem to effect UK users (and thats why there isnt a fix I'd say).
    One trend I did see was the some users of DTT that have the above issues on DTT with VU+ dont have any issues at all with the same tuner on a Dreambox...

D

I'm having the same problems with an avermedia af9015 usb DTT stick . The box needs a reboot to get rte back working again. A right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Using blackhole image here with the Italy sat plug in and rarely have any problems with DTT using an avermedia stick.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

All of a sudden my ITV HD, Channel5 HD, and Pick TV are gone. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

dnme wrote: »
    All of a sudden my ITV HD, Channel5 HD, and Pick TV are gone. Anyone else?

itvhd and c5hd changed transponder a couple of months back.

check the fta sticky or lyngsat for new details...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

kierank01 wrote: »
    itvhd and c5hd changed transponder a couple of months back.

check the fta sticky or lyngsat for new details...

I dont think thats it, if they changed a few months back, I would have updated. I was watrching these channels very recently. Also no Pick TV.
    Where on lyngsat do I find Channel5 HD frequency? I searched it a while and could not find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

dnme wrote: »
    I dont think thats it, if they changed a few months back, I would have updated. I was watrching these channels very recently. Also no Pick TV.
    Where on lyngsat do I find Channel5 HD frequency? I searched it a while and could not find.

here

itvhd is fta, unless you are tuned to one of the regional variant's.

check your oscam logs immediately after you switch to one of the affected channels, it might tell you if it can't decrypt there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Tony wrote: »
    Using blackhole image here with the Italy sat plug in and rarely have any problems with DTT using an avermedia stick.

Cheers!
    The latest blackhole seems to work fine with no need to install drivers.
    I just have to figure out how to get the epg populated in blackhole, Crossepg or built in epg downloader don't seem to work.

I just have to figure out how to get the epg populated in blackhole, Crossepg or built in epg downloader don't seem to work.

I'm on the previous version of BHole and have only managed to get the Rytec feed to work and even then it does not work occasionally . I'd be interested to hear if you can get the EPG to work.

I'm on the previous version of BHole and have only managed to get the Rytec feed to work and even then it does not work occasionally . I'd be interested to hear if you can get the EPG to work.

You have no epg in Blackhole? That's crazy!

...or am I missing something?

As for rebooting VIX to fix the blanking DTT issue... I can't remember the last time I had to reboot for that or any other reason. It was certainly before Christmas when last the machine was reset -and even then I don't think it was because of blank Irish channels.

Before then it was maybe once every two weeks at most when a reboot was required. I don't see any problem with that. ...Who was it here who created a Cron to reboot every evening (actually I think maybe I did that too -must check later)?
    Have you noticed an improvement?

(Latest VIX/ Nova T tuner here)

You have no epg in Blackhole?

Yes of course I have an epg ? Its darkmaster that does not have his working yet

Yes of course I have an epg ? Its darkmaster that does not have his working yet

I don't mean to cause offence -just don't know what your previous reply meant then... you recently got rytec working, (to update the epg regularly?) but it doesn't work sometimes. Is this the case?

Is the satellite epg not "automatically" updated in Blackhole? Or are you talking about just DTT here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

one problem i have with blackhole is that summaries go missing from channel list.

I don't mean to cause offence -just don't know what your previous reply meant then... you recently got rytec working, (to update the epg regularly?) but it doesn't work sometimes. Is this the case?

No offence taken, yes that is the case . Maybe once a month I have to re power the box to get the EPG working . Also the sky feed downloads ok but does not populate the epg but bear in mind I'm on an older version of Blackhole.

stanley1 wrote: »
    one problem i have with blackhole is that summaries go missing from channel list.

Yeah I get that too, what version of BH are you on ?

using latest BH image, it's the same for all BH images, I find it annoying so tonight i will flash with Vix image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

This happens if you view the channel - when you pop back out, the summaries no longer display, right?

(Just for viewed channels)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Wiggy

You have no epg in Blackhole? That's crazy!

Who was it here who created a Cron to reboot every evening (actually I think maybe I did that too -must check later)?
    Have you noticed an improvement?

(Latest VIX/ Nova T tuner here)

That was me, I think.

Not a huge improvement I'm afraid, if any. It's hard to say because it is such a random event.

I'm on a relatively old BH image, will probably update to Black Hole 1.7.1 soon in the hope that that will help.

It's a really strange problem, and something that I can't imagine is happening with as much frequency in Italy or even the UK. If it was, there would surely be a lot more noise on the forums about it?

Wiggy wrote: »
    This happens if you view the channel - when you pop back out, the summaries no longer display, right?

Not sure to be honest, i'll have to check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Don't think I have this problem...when you say channel list, are talking about the list that pops up when you press CH+ button? Does it affect all channels? I have noticed that with BBC 3+4, the summary is often missing for the now & next program, but that's about it.

yep, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Amazed I never really noticed this before, but happening here too, though it only seems to be the combination of CoolTV guide + OpenTV EPG source. (ie DTT isn't affected, or Rytec sources, or OTA from eg 19e).
    Also, the info is still there in BH Single EPG, and if you keep pressing EPG button in CoolTV, the info shows up eventually, but on the top line, not underneath, and only on Now&Next. Maybe one for the CoolTV dev to sort? Anyone speak German? :D
    Stanley1, any luck with Vix?

flashed vix last night, epg working perfectly using crossepg /opentv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

flashed vix last night, epg working perfectly using crossepg /opentv.

thats a first. i moved to blackhole as the VIX EPG was broken on VIX and never seemed to download correctly at night, not matter which source i used.

did you enable freesat epg in epg options ?

• Advertisement

I've never had any epg problems with vix. Ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement