Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone else having trouble with C4HD not working?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm after finally flashing VIX 2.3 and C4 HD is working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've got a few things with my vu+ that I'd like some help in sorting out. At this stage, I'd be happy to pay for a little time of someone that knows what they're doing.

- something fell off the side of my house and knocked my sat dish out of kilter, so what I scan I get 0 services now on 28.2 and I used to have loads

- I just can't find a quick way to do my 'favourites', I've played about with 'dreamedit' and it's all just a bit awkward. Even if I take silverfoxes bouquet I still have loads of channels there that aren't actually available to me.

Would anyone be able to come to my house next Wednesday and get it sorted for me? Send me a PM if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with C4HD not working?

You need to do a manual scan to retune it. See here.

Also, I discovered last night that Pop, Popgirl, Tinypop and a few others were moved fairly recently. I found the tuning settings for that but don't have it at the moment. Available online if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Also, I discovered last night that Pop, Popgirl, Tinypop and a few others were moved fairly recently. I found the tuning settings for that but don't have it at the moment. Available online if anyone's interested.

They moved on 10th August.:)

All details re channels on 28deg east here:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

• Advertisement
    byte

Is anyone having problems with the mute and volume controls on the Vu+ after installing the new Vix?

I have to restart it nearly every day to get the functions back.

byte wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems with the mute and volume controls on the Vu+ after installing the new Vix?

I have to restart it nearly every day to get the functions back.

I don't have that problem. Not being smart but are you certain it's not the batteries in your remote?

byte

I don't have that problem. Not being smart but are you certain it's not the batteries in your remote?
    Hi, no, it's not the batteries though thanks for the suggestion.

I've disabled all that new HDMI CEC stuff and rebooted, as I think my TV is too old for that sorta stuff to work, maybe causing the volume not to work. I will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Apogee

Can anyone suggest a quick method (not ftp) of transferring files from a VU+ HD to USB?

I've attempted this by mounting a USB drive, and transferring the files across using telnet. However, once the file had been transferred across, and when the Vu+ is later rebooted, it goes into a continual loop of loading and then crashing.

Using Vix 2.0 currently.

Apogee wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a quick method (not ftp) of transferring files from a VU+ HD to USB?

I've attempted this by mounting a USB drive, and transferring the files across using telnet. However, once the file had been transferred across, and when the Vu+ is later rebooted, it goes into a continual loop of loading and then crashing.

Using Vix 2.0 currently.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to copy from to what...?

But anyway, today I had some files on my ext3-formatted usb stick that I couldn't read on my Windows 7 box (yes I know there are programs for that, but anyway...). I plugged it into the VU+ then accessed them in windows explorer over the network to copy them off.

Not sure if that helps but worked for me.

• Advertisement

I want to transfer material saved onto the VU+ internal Hard Disk Drive to an external USB stick. I want to avoid transferring the files across a network e.g. ftp.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

I want to transfer material saved onto the VU+ internal Hard Disk Drive to an external USB stick. I want to avoid transferring the files across a network e.g. ftp.

You can transfer files using the remote ctrl, and the tv screen

kierank01 wrote: »
    You can transfer files using the remote ctrl, and the tv screen

I've tried that but the USB drive doesn't appear as a destination in the file menu.

Can you expand on how you do it stepwise?

I've tried that but the USB drive doesn't appear as a destination in the file menu.

Can you expand on how you do it stepwise?

can't remember right now, will check when I get home.

how is the sub stick formatted?

NTFS currently as most of the files are over 4GB

NTFS currently as most of the files are over 4GB
    that could be your problem, try ext3

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Using Vix 2.0 currently.

There's a plugin called "Dream Explorer" (I think), which allows you to move and rename files (one at a time). I only tried it briefly, it seemed to do what you want. It should be in the addons download section.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Using Vix 2.0 currently.

Are the files you are trying to move in your movie list?
    If so, whats wrong with using the built in move file option in VIX?
    Highlight the file you want to transfer, press green, select destination location and then press ok.

I've tried that, but the usb drive doesn't appear as a destination option. Formatting the usb drive as ext3 didn't work either

Where did you format it?

I formatted an NTFS USB stick the other day as Ext3 in Linux, but my Freesat box wouldn't recognise it. When I looked again in Linux it said NTFS partition on the Ext3-formatted drive (since before I formatted).

I deleted the partition, then repartitioned as EXT3.

Something like that could be your issue.

You should see it in Vu+ under "Media", then usb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mayomac

hi. how long should it take to format a 1TB ext hard drive on my vu duo.

Where did you format it?

I formatted an NTFS USB stick the other day as Ext3 in Linux, but my Freesat box wouldn't recognise it. When I looked again in Linux it said NTFS partition on the Ext3-formatted drive (since before I formatted).

I deleted the partition, then repartitioned as EXT3.

Something like that could be your issue.

You should see it in Vu+ under "Media", then usb.

I noticed that NTFS partition/ext3 format issue too earlier today, so deleted the partition with a LinuxLive boot USB key, placed an ext3 partition on it and formatted as ext3.

The USB drive shows up as 'Mount:/media/sdb1' and 'Type:Linux' in Devices Manager in VIX.

However, in the file menu, when I click green to move, I get the options of /hdd/movie or (Other)... which brings me back to /hdd/movie bookmark.

I noticed that NTFS partition/ext3 format issue too earlier today, so deleted the partition with a LinuxLive boot USB key, placed an ext3 partition on it and formatted as ext3.

The USB drive shows up as 'Mount:/media/sdb1' and 'Type:Linux' in Devices Manager in VIX.

However, in the file menu, when I click green to move, I get the options of /hdd/movie or (Other)... which brings me back to /hdd/movie bookmark.

You should be able to go to the parent ("../") once or twice, then to "/media" then usb.. ?

You should be able to go to the parent ("../") once or twice, then to "/media" then usb.. ?

Nope, tried that too (multiple times!), but if you select parent directory you get the following directory listing (and you can't go back any further to root directory) and <list of storage devices> folder is an 'invalid location' and not accessible.

186118.JPG

Ah.
    You should be able to add a bookmark there using the blue button, then browse to the USB drive (?)

If not, how about if you press Menu on that screen?

If not, then I'm as lost as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Did you go first into MENU>SETUP>SYSTEM>HARDDISK>INITIALIZATION<your usb flash drive name>press red then select yes
    you can view progress by pressing blue and it should list it there as initialising. once done you should now have the usb listed everywhere not just in mount manager and should be no problem transferriing files etc

byte

byte wrote: »
    Hi, no, it's not the batteries though thanks for the suggestion.

I've disabled all that new HDMI CEC stuff and rebooted, as I think my TV is too old for that sorta stuff to work, maybe causing the volume not to work. I will see how it goes.
    To update on this, I've not had any volume control issues since disabling all HDMI CEC stuff. So, must've been conflict between that and my AV amp, which the VU+ plugs directly into.

irishchris wrote: »
    Did you go first into MENU>SETUP>SYSTEM>HARDDISK>INITIALIZATION<your usb flash drive name>press red then select yes
    you can view progress by pressing blue and it should list it there as initialising. once done you should now have the usb listed everywhere not just in mount manager and should be no problem transferriing files etc

that will format the stick, so don't have any data that needs to be kept on it before doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

lol yes sorry assumed he would know initilialization would format the usb stick thus erasing any remaining info/files on it
    Apololgies assumed someone with knowhow of linux systems would know that so sorry again mate and hope you have not erased any recordings or files. but once you save any of these to a pc and follow my guide you should have the problem solved in relation to your query :)

• Advertisement

Ah.
    You should be able to add a bookmark there using the blue button, then browse to the USB drive (?)

If not, how about if you press Menu on that screen?

If not, then I'm as lost as you.

That doesn't work either. You can't add a bookmark from any other directory.

irishchris wrote: »

The blasted thing won't initialise the USB - keeps returning an error. Is there any alternative to flashing the box with the original firmware?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement