Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How can this be against the rules. I pay a valid subscription and choose to use my card in a vu duo as I prefer the vix software. I am asking why a channel doesn't open in oscam and does it open if I switch the cam to cccam. I think you confuse my question with card sharing which is of course against the rules.

nope your breaking sky terms and conditions so your breaking the rules here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

if you were in germany ordinary users won the right of which box to use their card in,rules and terms to get forgotten at times.might have another read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

greasepalm wrote: »
    if you were in germany ordinary users won the right of which box to use their card in,rules and terms to get forgotten at times.might have another read.

you are correct. i suspect it soon not be a part of t&cs to use box and card together. european court will likely suggest users have a right to use whatever software they want in an a box. its kinda like a laptop with windows. so why not linux. anyway everything is changing these days. lets see where it goes. as for sky's t&cs. as with my car insurance i probably aint covered no matter what i do, even though it may appear i am. so sorry i aint a t&c person because no matter what way it works the consumer loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

lertsnim wrote: »
    I imagine RTÉ Two HD is now using that Sky encryption that requires a Sky box to view most HD channels

It's not just the HD channels, the SD channels are gone as well (even after a scan). Strange...

irishgeo wrote: »
    nope your breaking sky terms and conditions so your breaking the rules here.

LOL, a wannabie Boards adnim has made an appearance.

Thankfully they know better.

• Advertisement

How can this be against the rules. I pay a valid subscription and choose to use my card in a vu duo as I prefer the vix software. I am asking why a channel doesn't open in oscam and does it open if I switch the cam to cccam. I think you confuse my question with card sharing which is of course against the rules.

Same here. I have a Vu+ Ultimo hooked up to a motorised dish. The receiver has a number of LEGIT cards so I can get channels from different satellites.

This receiver is much better than the Sky box for the enthusiast because you can do a hell of a lot more with it - I simply didn't want to have two receivers (and additional cabling)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's not just the HD channels, the SD channels are gone as well (even after a scan). Strange...

The SD channels are very much there on their new transponders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

rugby looks crap on rte2.

greasepalm wrote: »
    rugby looks crap on rte2.
    Try BBC HD and ITV HD instead. Rather the english commentary myself, that is until its Ireland vs England when it goes to pants

LOL, a wannabie Boards adnim has made an appearance.

Thankfully they know better.

We will see

• Advertisement

We will see

What, are you going to tell teacher on him or something??

What, are you going to tell teacher on him or something??

:rolleyes:

My box has developed an issue. It's hanging on downloading the tv guide. I am using crossepg open tv and the latest version of vix. It's hanging on reading summaries. Any ideas.

blue button, vix, swap manager and enable swap. reboot and all good. now do crossepg download. then read my my post on afterdawn oscam vs cccam to understand how to get freeze free tv

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

blue button, vix, swap manager and enable swap. reboot and all good. now do crossepg download. then read my my post on afterdawn oscam vs cccam to understand how to get freeze free tv

Can you PM me a link to that ?

nope. thats laziness. i spent 3 years working out the freezing issues. you can just type in www.afterdawn.com. it takes a little less

jaysus

so i explain in the oscam versus cccam post exactly why a system freezes. exactly what more do you want. i have spent more than 8 years working on a freeze free system. so i finally got there. gave you the configs. and you are unhappy?. while its been some time i spent a significant proportion of my life explaining to folks how it worked at afterdawn. Not under the same pseudoname but now you annoy me

Relax FFS
    I only asked for a link to a thread:eek:

so i provided the thread name oscam vs cccam. what more do you want. i even supply the config files and if yoy use a linux box the location to put them. but maybe thats not enough

• Advertisement

I asked for a link to a thread and you didn't wanna PM it .Its no big deal to me, best you get over it.
    Cant be good to be getting upset over something so trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭notmyusername

I've certainly never seen this described issue on the hour using CCCam.

However what tends to happen with Oscam is, although it can be more stable, sometimes when it freezes - ie drops a key - it can stay frozen.

On the other hand CCCam will be back up and running within 8 seconds.

There are pluses and minuses with each softcam. If you're getting lots of freezes that is a server issue; no softcam can cure that.

Be very careful lads. It's against the rules to talk about cams.

Be very careful lads. It's against the rules to talk about cams.

I also thought backseat modding was against the rules ;)

All over this particular forum there are ways and means discussed about breaking T&Cs or outright illegally stealing TV content. It would be very strange (and hypocritical) for a single method to be against the rules?

I also thought backseat modding was against the rules ;)

All over this particular forum there are ways and means discussed about breaking T&Cs or outright illegally stealing TV content. It would be very strange (and hypocritical) for a single method to be against the rules?

i dont make the rules.

i dont make the rules.

I didn't say you did; although in advising about rule breakage weren't you breaking the rules yourself?

Not to worry though - point being it is down to the mods to decide what is acceptable here, I'm pre-empting any moderation by saying that so much illegal activity is being discussed in this section that picking on one would be hypocrisy.

I didn't say you did; although in advising about rule breakage weren't you breaking the rules yourself?

Not to worry though - point being it is down to the mods to decide what is acceptable here, I'm pre-empting any moderation by saying that so much illegal activity is being discussed in this section that picking on one would be hypocrisy.

1. yes.

2. Two wrongs don't make a right.

1. yes.

2. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Point is, you were definitely breaking the rules; however based on the threads/posts allowed in this section I wasn't ;)

I'm not sure why it should bother you so much anyway, let the mods decide :)

Point is, you were definitely breaking the rules; however based on the threads/posts allowed in this section I wasn't ;)

I'm not sure why it should bother you so much anyway, let the mods decide :)

it doesnt i am bored.:D

• Advertisement

it doesnt i am bored.:D

Lol

Good answer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement