Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

swoofer wrote: »
    with a single lnb you only use one tuner. in setup under tuner configuration set it to tuner a, you also need a sat xml file and with these boxes the easiest way to get sats is to load a channel setting list. But that dish may be wonky as well, is it a sky dish and have you an old sky box.

it looks like an old dish but the guy in the house before me was running his off it but prob for polish tv? I bought a new twin LNB if this will make any difference. I have the blackhole image set up on it so if I get a spanner set and adjust the elevation is there an option on the box that I can view to see I have it pointed right? again apologies im a noob to all this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

it would be better to get a signal first, i have bh 2.0.7 and if you are a beginner you are in for a sharp learning curve. if you get a twin lnb and pointed at astra it will be ok if you want to record.

the duo is old and i have an uno but bh is same. do this but be quick and get back, menu, setup, service searchinh, manual scan, tuner a should say dvb=s etc,

tye of scan will say single transponder, cursor down and change sat to 13 east, use arrows,

cursor down to fequency, and put in 12596, 27500, 3/4, its VERTICAL the next 3 entires say no.

then press ok and if its finds bbc world news you are on 13 east. then exit out and press ok, channel will open

after that press menu, go to information, press ok, selcet about and tell me the bh version

it would be better to get a signal first, i have bh 2.0.7 and if you are a beginner you are in for a sharp learning curve. if you get a twin lnb and pointed at astra it will be ok if you want to record.

the duo is old and i have an uno but bh is same. do this but be quick and get back, menu, setup, service searchinh, manual scan, tuner a should say dvb=s etc,

tye of scan will say single transponder, cursor down and change sat to 13 east, use arrows,

cursor down to fequency, and put in 12596, 27500, 3/4, its VERTICAL the next 3 entires say no.

then press ok and if its finds bbc world news you are on 13 east. then exit out and press ok, channel will open

after that press menu, go to information, press ok, selcet about and tell me the bh version

that's perfect I will do all this when I get home and get back to you. regards pointing at astra how is this done should I pick up a sat finder meter aswell to align properly? the SNR I was seeing last night was always flicking between 12% to 50% when searching for 28.2E

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Not sure if blackhole s the same but on VIX when you install an image the wizard has an automatic mode that scans the feed to tell you what fixed satellite you have. It starts at 28.2 and then tries 13, 19 etc...

kod12 wrote: »
    that's perfect I will do all this when I get home and get back to you. regards pointing at astra how is this done should I pick up a sat finder meter aswell to align properly? the SNR I was seeing last night was always flicking between 12% to 50% when searching for 28.2E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

A sat finder does make it quicker but if you have time go back and forward to the dish the satfinder in the vu box itself will perform the same function and with a quality reading it will be more accurate.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Tony wrote: »
    A sat finder does make it quicker but if you have time go back and forward to the dish the satfinder in the vu box itself will perform the same function and with a quality reading it will be more accurate.

Cheers for that I clicked on that option last night on the blackhole image and it came up that there was no satfinders installed or something

Should be in Setup:Service searching

Cheers for that I clicked on that option last night on the blackhole image and it came up that there was no satfinders installed or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Hey folks, I have been using a vu duo happily with my sky card the last two years.

Now with Sky blocking HD channels on third-party boxes, I am going to go back to a new offical Sky box when they send it out to me.

My current setup is just a standard Sky dish with 2 cables running off it into my sitting room.

My question is, is there anything I can do now to allow me run the Vu duo from the bedroom, what are my options, even if it is just to recieve FTA on a single cable ie no need of dual tuner features, ...just to allow some telly in the bed room off the existing satellite.

Thanks

Just run another cable from a spare LNB port on the sky dish

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Hey folks, I have been using a vu duo happily with my sky card the last two years.

Now with Sky blocking HD channels on third-party boxes, I am going to go back to a new offical Sky box when they send it out to me.

My current setup is just a standard Sky dish with 2 cables running off it into my sitting room.

My question is, is there anything I can do now to allow me run the Vu duo from the bedroom, what are my options, even if it is just to recieve FTA on a single cable ie no need of dual tuner features, ...just to allow some telly in the bed room off the existing satellite.

Thanks

Tony wrote: »
    Just run another cable from a spare LNB port on the sky dish
    Cheers, I havent even looked to see if there is one !! sound, ill check it out later

• Advertisement

Should be two spare as sky only use single or quad lnb's

Cheers, I havent even looked to see if there is one !! sound, ill check it out later

The satellite 19e worked the way you said. BBC news came up perfect. And the blackhole version is 2.0.8. So do I just need to adjust the satellite to get 28.2e? Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

your mad running vu duo off 1 cable get a second feed so you can record ,remember freesat has over 100 channels and some are hd.even if you have to change lnb vu duo is worth it.

greasepalm wrote: »
    your mad running vu duo off 1 cable get a second feed so you can record ,remember freesat has over 100 channels and some are hd.even if you have to change lnb vu duo is worth it.

hardly mad, the vu is being relegated to the bedroom, where it'll hardly be used, but thanks for your concern

The only thing to consider though is if you are running one cable why not run another at the same time or even use double shotgun cable on a short run.

hardly mad, the vu is being relegated to the bedroom, where it'll hardly be used, but thanks for your concern

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

always playing with box in bedroom and thats a solo2 with tsmedia,tv in bedroom on a cold winters morning.

did this and it worked was able to see the bbc world news. is there frequency for the FTA uk and Ireland settings. Cheers for the help again signal keeps flicking from 35 to 50% on 28.2 e

yes you can use BBC1 london, 10773H , 22000, 5/6 try that its got caught redhanded on now. I take it you movind dish slightly and slowly as digital signal has a litlle gap between hitting dish and getting to box. IF SIGNAL IS FLICKERING YOU COULD HAVE A POOR LEAD CONNECTION.

That image you have is ace but complex and it should have had all the sats on it unless it was wiped.

you should see around 90% and 84%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Loos

is there frequency for the FTA uk and Ireland settings ... signal keeps flicking from 35 to 50% on 28.2 e

All the 28 east frequencies can be found on sites such as Lyngsat or Kingofsat (I can't post links).

Have you moved the dish yet? If not, the "flicking" signal is probably just a weak 13 east channel that shares a frequency with something on 28.

did this and it worked was able to see the bbc world news. is there frequency for the FTA uk and Ireland settings. Cheers for the help again signal keeps flicking from 35 to 50% on 28.2 e

going to get new cable and need to look at the dish I think the way its aligned now I cant move it to the same as the neighbours so its only picking up 19e satellite. Cheers ill try the new freq when im home

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Loos

You won't get the signal from 28 east unless you align the dish there or, use an offset LNB on a dish aligned on a different position.

Frequencies are re-used on different satellite orbital positions, so don't read anything into getting a response on the signal meter when you enter say, a frequency used by the BBC at 28 east, unless when you scan you actually find the relevant BBC services.

All working now cheers guys for the help appreciate it. How do you install new plugins on the device. Is it as easy as copying it to a USB and installing it on the Duo from there?

glad your sorted, with the image you have its all done online, you should have a good play with the remote and get to know all the functions, ie colour buttons do a lot and the menu button. you only use usb for loading an image and holding some data like picons and epg stuff. Press menu and a list should appear, go to plugins and it should have tspanel, click on that and it will have all you need to download if your box is on network.

now go here and enjoy
    http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Whats the best autobouquets to use with BH?

I was going to ask on the Duo2 thread but there is little activity on it.

Where is the best place to buy the Duo 2 ?

if you go on ebay do a search go to page 2 and it will say make an offer but for postage you will need parcel motel. if you want the best sevice look at goldwafers com, have a look anyway as it has the software package you will need its Vu+ Control Centre V0.8.

I have no connection with any of them.

for your autobouquets i think its laizar.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Hi lads I need a bit of help, I'm a novice to this game, I have a Vu ➕ duo box and it has been working fine. I was messing about with it and I pressed software update by mistake. This went on for about 10 min. Now it says on the screen Vu plus black hole and starting GUI on the bottom but like this for about 15 min. Am I after fcuking it up or is there anything I can do.....
    Please help

yes, but try this first, turn off then switch at rear. wait a few mins, switch at rear, wait then power on with remote. if still spinner you will need to start again ie reflash.

What you did is very easy to do and BH does not like live update

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

yes, but try this first, turn off then switch at rear. wait a few mins, switch at rear, wait then power on with remote. if still spinner you will need to start again ie reflash.

What you did is very easy to do and BH does not like live update

This is not looking good I bought the box set up for me so how do I go about getting it reflashed ?

• Advertisement

if you go on ebay do a search go to page 2 and it will say make an offer but for postage you will need parcel motel. if you want the best sevice look at goldwafers com, have a look anyway as it has the software package you will need its Vu+ Control Centre V0.8.

I have no connection with any of them.

for your autobouquets i think its laizar.
    Thanks for the info.
    Goldwafers is costing approx €452 and that includes postage.No HDD.
    Which ebay seller should I be looking at ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement