Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

how many things have you ticked=too many?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The card reader on my Duo2 seems to have stopped responding. Thought that it was the card but inserted it into a normal duo and it reads fine. Any suggestions? I already tried flashing a new image but CCcam still reads "no card inserted"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

redout wrote: »
    The card reader on my Duo2 seems to have stopped responding. Thought that it was the card but inserted it into a normal duo and it reads fine. Any suggestions? I already tried flashing a new image but CCcam still reads "no card inserted"?

You not allowed talk about cccam here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

anyone having problems with Cross EPG?
    I'm on BH and it stopped working in the last few days.HDD is mounted and I have also tried using it with a usb stick but nothings happening.

Any ideas ?

did you see if you could download again?

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    did you see if you could download again?
    I didnt try that yet.Would I just download an IPK and put it in temp file?

no did not mean to download that way,i use vix and if epg goes down i go to epg plugin and download again,that usually fixes it or if not i format my usb and remount it and reset it up for epg to usb and that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I've had the same problem since I updated to BH 2.1.3, the EPG downloads but won't populate. If I tick "force EPG load on reboot", and reboot, it loads.

greasepalm wrote: »
    no did not mean to download that way,i use vix and if epg goes down i go to epg plugin and download again,that usually fixes it or if not i format my usb and remount it and reset it up for epg to usb and that fixes it.
    I dont think I can do that on BH.I have remonted usb and HDD and formatted usb but had no joy.
    rurs wrote: »
    I've had the same problem since I updated to BH 2.1.3, the EPG downloads but won't populate. If I tick "force EPG load on reboot", and reboot, it loads.
    I have tried that and its not working either,really ****ing annoying now.

bump.

Antone have any idea what I can do.Cant find a fix to this problem at all.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    anyone having problems with Cross EPG?
    I'm on BH and it stopped working in the last few days.HDD is mounted and I have also tried using it with a usb stick but nothings happening.

Any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

"yabadabado;93485825"]bump.

Antone have any idea what I can do.Cant find a fix to this problem at all.[/quote]

I don't use black hole but have u checked the config for cross EPG and made sure asra 2 is selected??

On fix its system, then EPG then cross EPG goto opentv providers and select astra 2 ..save n click download now

steveon wrote: »
    "yabadabado;93485825"]bump.

Antone have any idea what I can do.Cant find a fix to this problem at all.

I don't use black hole but have u checked the config for cross EPG and made sure asra 2 is selected??

On fix its system, then EPG then cross EPG goto opentv providers and select astra 2 ..save n click download now[/QUOTE]

Astra 2 selected and everything else on config seems OK.

Maybe a corrupted epg.dat?

I fixed my problem by deleting it, although it wasn't exactly the same as yours.

see post#8 here

On my machine the file was ext.epg.dat, you would use something like Filezilla to browse and delete.

I cogged a few of these from halus on the BH board, others I did myself.

FvY6cLfl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tonio

I cogged a few of these from halus on the BH board, others I did myself.

FvY6cLfl.jpg

Do you mind me asking what skin you are using? I have been using BH for the last couple of years on a Solo 2. Thanks for the picons.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a VU+ Duo2 that will be capable to receiving Freesat channels aswell as RTE saorview channels. I want to be able to record RTE1 while watching RTE2 or vice versa.

Am I correct in saying that I will need a VU+Duo2 receiver with two twin tuners ( 1 Twin Tuner DVB-S/S2 Satellite Tuner module and 1 Plug and Play Hybrid DVB-C/T Tuner module).

I assume I will also need an internal aerial or will I be better of with an external aerial?

Thanks in advance

Tonio wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what skin you are using? I have been using BH for the last couple of years on a Solo 2. Thanks for the picons.

I just use the default skin on BH 2.1.3, DarkSky. What you're seeing in the screenshot above isn't really the skin, though, it's the cool TV plugin.

@3 Dollar Bill, yes, you'll need 2 of each tuner for max flexibility. Have you read the duo2 thread to see what's possible? I think there's a number of options as regards twin tuner versus single tuner modules.

Maybe a corrupted epg.dat?

I fixed my problem by deleting it, although it wasn't exactly the same as yours.

see post#8 here

On my machine the file was ext.epg.dat, you would use something like Filezilla to browse and delete.

I never got to solve this problem.I used filezilla but couldn't find that file.Any idea where I should be looking ?

I never got to solve this problem.I used filezilla but couldn't find that file.Any idea where I should be looking ?

depends where your storing your epg.

mine is in /media/sdb1 as its on a USB Key.

i try in the /media folder first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say your USB key is corrupt or you're saving your EPG to another location, can you put in another key and trying "Download Now"? (remove the old key first)

• Advertisement

I have tried 2 different usb keys and the HDD but noting has worked.Nothing in the /media folder.

I have tried 2 different usb keys and the HDD but noting has worked.Nothing in the /media folder.

try the folders in the /media folder

/hdd
    /sbd1

irishgeo wrote: »
    try the folders in the /media folder

/hdd
    /sbd1
    checked them all and nothing.I actually don't have /sbd1.

checked them all and nothing.I actually don't have /sbd1.

what are you epg settings in your settings menu set to.

whats your epg storage location?

My epg.dat file was in /media/usb/crossepg.

There should be a number of folders in either /media or /mnt, if not, there's something seriously wrong...

irishgeo wrote: »
    what are you epg settings in your settings menu set to.

whats your epg storage location?

On the list of EPG setting all 5 options are enabled.
    epg storage is the HDD.

My epg.dat file was in /media/usb/crossepg.

There should be a number of folders in either /media or /mnt, if not, there's something seriously wrong...

something seriously wrong so as all the folders in /media are empty except the HDD and that has the cross EPG folder which is empty and a few enigmacrash reports.

No, I thought you meant you had no folders in /media, they are empty by default.
    Maybe try changing the storage location for crossepg from hdd to usb. If that doesn't work, you probably should remove and then reinstall it. I can't remember the procedure off hand, there'll be some telnet commands to do it fairly handily.

No, I thought you meant you had no folders in /media, they are empty by default.
    Maybe try changing the storage location for crossepg from hdd to usb. If that doesn't work, you probably should remove and then reinstall it. I can't remember the procedure off hand, there'll be some telnet commands to do it fairly handily.

Ah right I get ya.no all folders are there.
    I have tried it with HDD and USB and neither work.Will take a look at removing it tomorrow.

with all the messing going on would it not be better to start from scratch as deleting wrong things could make things worse,if i have errors i reflash and setup from scratch and no backups used,having saved important info to pc first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

If starting from scratch you might consider using Open PLI whose EPG importer does the job quietly in the background ie you only need to do an initial EPG download for your selected channel packages then you need never do it again as it automatically updates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement