Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

you might have to setup your own section in bouquet and rename it ************* as there should be a few unnamed folders to add to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

FWIW the solution here I found was to also place the timeshift folder onto USB.

Despite the fact that timeshift was disabled and I've never used it, something was causing the box to look at the timeshift folder (even after deleting it) on the HDD and wake it up out of standby when changing channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

What's up with a duo when I only get a red light on power up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

irishgeo wrote: »

thats the red light of death, you may have to solder a capacitor, its a common problem on the old vu duos

http://www.schrankmonster.de/2014/08/02/vu-duo-shows-red-light-start/

don't switch on your box again as it may cause other components to blow

kingtiger wrote: »
    thats the red light of death, you may have to solder a capacitor, its a common problem on the old vu duos

http://www.schrankmonster.de/2014/08/02/vu-duo-shows-red-light-start/

don't switch on your box again as it may cause other components to blow
    Crap I can't solder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Crap I can't solder

if i could do it then anyone can

its actually pretty easy to do, just clip off the failed capacitor at the highest point possible leaving the legs still attached the the board and then solder the new capacitor onto the old legs

it doesn't have to look pretty ;)

kingtiger wrote: »
    if i could do it then anyone can

its actually pretty easy to do, just clip off the failed capacitor at the highest point possible leaving the legs still attached the the board and then solder the new capacitor onto the old legs

it doesn't have to look pretty ;)

i brought it to work and got one of the lads to do it.:D

i hope he knows + from - as those caps have to be done correctly.

greasepalm wrote: »
    i hope he knows + from - as those caps have to be done correctly.

he does but its not getting passed the starting phase and it wont flash either.

any suggestions. luckily i have a nano for someone else purchased which arrived today which is currently nbeing built and will be a temp measure.

depends if it needs a new bootloader flashed first then image,and dont use crap usb sticks as vu are fussy in what they use,cruzer,integra,kingston usb work,wonder if your getting the starting on fron display? i had dry joints also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Duo-Red-Light-Repair-Fix-Kit-C807-U801-Z1021AI-AOZ1021-/121616203094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c50e3fd56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

http://www.satnigmo.com/2525/repair-guide-for-vu-duo-red-light-problem/

I replaced the capacitor in mine months ago and its flying again.i put a higher value of capacitor in to address the heat problem.

depends if it needs a new bootloader flashed first then image,and dont use crap usb sticks as vu are fussy in what they use,cruzer,integra,kingston usb work,wonder if your getting the starting on fron display? i had dry joints also.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Duo-Red-Light-Repair-Fix-Kit-C807-U801-Z1021AI-AOZ1021-/121616203094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c50e3fd56

Yeah starting appears on the front panel.

Using a integral USB key.

I flashed a bootloader and it worked.

I then tried to flash the image. No joy just hangs.

sounds like more than your cap issue then.no other usb in box for epg?

sounds like more than your cap issue then.no other usb in box for epg?

Nope unplugged that. Hard drive installed as well. Could be on the blink. I'll try it without it tomorrow night.

seems to boot up without the hard drive attached.

the hard drives is passing all the tests though. any suggestions?

hmm wonder if it could be taking power away from board,if its passing the test i would say its ok,noisy when they give trouble.
    on another thing anytime box is flashed switch fan on in settings or cooking will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

I have always used external Transcend USB external hard drives for recordings , EPG, etc (portable and replace anually when full). If you dont mind forking out, maybe try mounting one of them as HDD instead of the internal. This may point to whether the drive is causing the problem.

Should the power board fan be spinning all the time. Or does it spin when needed.

yes as box is always warm to hot even in standby mode and keeps the hdd cool as that space is now taken up with drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hey

I had the red light of death on my box...cloud ibox 4

Tried everything - flashing from back up etc...no joy

Gave it to a mate of mine who's a tech guru....he reckoned the problem was with openpli for some reason...installed black hole (horrible I know) and now the box is working fine

weird I know, but there you go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I use blackhole and find it just fine to be honest.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

all back and working , i got the repair kit off ebay and my mate soldered it all on. now working.

lucky you and well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Most will be aware that the Irish channels on sky astra 28.2 have changed frequency over the last couple of days. When I scan in the new channel frequencies I see that rte2hd is blank. When I check the oscam log all looks good. The channel is being decrypted by the card as normal but it stays black. Can others confirm having the same problem. Does rte2hd open in cccam?

Most will be aware that the Irish channels on sky astra 28.2 have changed frequency over the last couple of days. When I scan in the new channel frequencies I see that rte2hd is blank. When I check the oscam log all looks good. The channel is being decrypted by the card as normal but it stays black. Can others confirm having the same problem. Does rte2hd open in cccam?
    thats against the rules.

thats against the rules.
    How can this be against the rules. I pay a valid subscription and choose to use my card in a vu duo as I prefer the vix software. I am asking why a channel doesn't open in oscam and does it open if I switch the cam to cccam. I think you confuse my question with card sharing which is of course against the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I imagine RTÉ Two HD is now using that Sky encryption that requires a Sky box to view most HD channels

i use abm with vix and i see no rte 1 or rte 2 or rte 2hd,just doing a new scan to see what strange things lurk .
    dummy eire services.

i use abm with vix and i see no rte 1 or rte 2 or rte 2hd,just doing a new scan to see what strange things lurk .
    dummy eire services.

did main channel scan and rte one and rte2 working and rte2hd not.

• Advertisement

Any update?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement