Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Waiting to watch it on rte player when i get home from work but I'm reliably informed that the Sunday game analysts went to town on systems and their negative impact on the hurling season. Did anyone see it? Apparently duignan especially was mentioning podge, kelly, mcgrath etc and how ridiculous it was to see them way out the pitch foraging for the ball. Wonder if Davy was watching. ....

Sure Davy was in the 19th last night after his days golfing. Loughnanes comment referring to the sweeper system 'when the field was covered in cow shyte the hurling was better' was funny and maybe true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Clareman wrote: »
    I was speaking to 1 of the players earlier and they don't know themselves, they had a meeting yesterday and they were all struggling to explain what went wrong. They've had a lot of injuries and the soccer has taken a lot from them.

I heard one or two have got jobs outside the county and are not available anymore as well. Don't think Colin lynch brought too much to the table either. ..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I heard one or two have got jobs outside the county and are not available anymore as well. Don't think Colin lynch brought too much to the table either. ..

There was a lot going against them alright, but I did hear that Lynch brought a lot to the table, there was video analysis done on every game and there was never a repeated training session but there was a fraction within the club going against him, 1 of the stories I heard was that Ballyea knew the exact tactics Newmarket would be playing against`them cause 1 of the players father's worked with someone in the Ballyea setup and told him everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A: Eire og v cratloe
    B:Ballyea v crusheen
    C:Tulla v clonlara
    D:Feakle v tones

Semi draw: A v C
    B v D

Worst draw possible for us :( should be a cracker though.

Edit: That semi final draw might be bull. Lad messaging me could be taking the mick out of Eire og

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

BnB wrote: »
    Not a good year for Newmarket. According to the results on Clare Gaa, they gave a walkover in the Intermediate this weekend as well.

What has gone wrong there the last few months ?

If Newmarket go down I'd say the village will be lively that night. Half the county might arrive to do a lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Any thoughts on the football championship this weekend?

MIltown v Clondegad is moved to Sunday morning.

Predictions
    KIB
    Cratloe
    Doonbeg
    Miltown Clondegad to be a Draw

Also, have any players stood out so far in club championship that would be worth a go wit th county?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gael85

Clare IFC Semi-Finals
    Kilfenora v Shannon Gaels
    Kilmihil v Kildysart

Clare SFC Quarter Final draw
    Ennistymon v Cratloe
    Doonbeg v Cooraclare
    Miltown v Clondegad
    KIlmurry IB v Lissycasey

Irish indo reporting Paul kinnerk has left the clare set up to return to coach limerick senior hurlers. Bit of a body blow to Davy I'd imagine

Irish indo reporting Paul kinnerk has left the clare set up to return to coach limerick senior hurlers. Bit of a body blow to Davy I'd imagine

Has Limerick appointed a new manager yet?

Not yet but the indo is saying that daly, liam sheedy and funnily enough davy are all in the running. Also mentions Jimmy Barry murphy and their current u21 manager. Will be interesting to see who they go for. Wouldn't rule out Anthony cunningham either. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Clare IFC Semi-Finals
    Kilmihil v Kildysart

Ennistymon v Cratloe
    Doonbeg v Cooraclare
    Miltown v Clondegad
    KIlmurry IB v Lissycasey

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Not yet but the indo is saying that daly, liam sheedy and funnily enough davy are all in the running. Also mentions Jimmy Barry murphy and their current u21 manager. Will be interesting to see who they go for. Wouldn't rule out Anthony cunningham either. ...

Seeing as Limerick have gotten Kinnerk on board then I think it's safe to say that Davy is out of the running,
    Another year at the helm for good ship Clare, and a big push to put back to back Munster leagues together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Gael85 wrote: »
    Clare IFC Semi-Finals
    Kilmihil v Kildysart

Ennistymon v Cratloe
    Doonbeg v Cooraclare
    Miltown v Clondegad
    KIlmurry IB v Lissycasey

shannon geals
    kilmihil

ennistymon
    cooraclare
    miltown

doora/barefield to beat kilrush in the relegation final

the game between KIB and lissycasey has been called off

tatoo wrote: »
    Seeing as Limerick have gotten Kinnerk on board then I think it's safe to say that Davy is out of the running,
    Another year at the helm for good ship Clare, and a big push to put back to back Munster leagues together.

yes the good ship clare , where john conlon will have to wait till his 30s to have another serious crack at an all ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yes the good ship clare , where john conlon will have to wait till his 30s to have another serious crack at an all ireland

What a pity Davy isin't joining Kinnerk:(

Clare IFC Semi-Finals
    Kilmihil v Kildysart

Well I got that totally wrong :)

Kilfenora 2-9 Shannon Gaels 0-5
    Kildysart 3-7 Kilmihil 0-11

Well I got that totally wrong :)

Kilfenora 2-9 Shannon Gaels 0-5
    Kildysart 3-7 Kilmihil 0-11

me too , kildysart blitzed kilmihil in the second half with 3 goals , the full game is on there facebook page i think https://www.facebook.com/KildysartGAA/

kilfenora used the wind to there advantage in the first half wining by 10 in the end , not making excuess for either team but perhaps the tougher group has helped the two sides advance to the final , the final its self will be very close to call

shannon geals
    kilmihil

ennistymon
    cooraclare
    miltown

doora/barefield to beat kilrush in the relegation final

the game between KIB and lissycasey has been called off

Why is KIB/Lissycasey off?

Please god they find him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks like Davy is staying on, if Hayes is saying it you can take it as a press release usually

http://www.clarechampion.ie/fitzy-set-to-continue-as-clare-boss/

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

I'd say Limerick have made their decision, and it's not Davy, once Kinnerk was in their picture then Davy was out of the frame......hence he's available again for Clare.

It's an ill wind etc.

tatoo wrote: »
    I'd say Limerick have made their decision, and it's not Davy, once Kinnerk was in their picture then Davy was out of the frame......hence he's available again for Clare.

It's an ill wind etc.

word on the street is its daly , i reckon kinnerk will return if donal or gerry get the clare job down the line , i feel he was restricted in his roll after his return , i know this departure will not go down well with some of the players while i believe a number of fringe players wont be happy with davey's decision it could lead to another excedus like the 2014/15 off season

As someone said to me recently "we'll have 2 goalies deciding how we play, they are just interested in stopping scoring than scoring."

round up of games today so far , mixed bag for doora/barefield defeat in the minor A hurling semi after extra time to kilmaley while there footballers survive relagation with a 3 point win over kilrush , a late flurry of scores saw cratloe see off ennistymon and miltown had a comfortable win over clondegad

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/775006720338911232?lang=en

https://twitter.com/muirioch/status/774984178559492096

https://twitter.com/BrennanEoin/status/774981877237215232

https://twitter.com/MiltownGAA/status/774955397245460480

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cooraclare beat doonbeg.

All favourites through to semi's and sets up some good classes no matter what the draw is

Any thoughts on the football championship this weekend?

Also, have any players stood out so far in club championship that would be worth a go wit th county?

cooraclare will have a big say in the panel over the next few years if players commit to the county panel colm was in kilmihil this evening hopfully he can convince one or two more on to the panel

https://twitter.com/Westclarepage/status/775033420388896768

i think the player in qustion was asked last year but coudnt commit due to work , ennistymon put up a brave show against cratloe early today after a good championship and with a young team i would expect one or two making the senior panel also

there has been good work done under age the last few years so maybe a bit early for some players but the clare team could really do with another midfielder to cover brennan or o'connell and a full forward with hight the players are there it is just a matter of commitment and players being able to make time for the county panel

also in the championship you do have several players on the hurling panel that had great championships thos far , the likes of david fitzgerld and kevin hehir for ennistymon , tony kelly for clondegad connor mcgrath and cathal mac for cratloe along with the likes of david reidy eire og and connor cleary would all walk onto the panel too if they were not hurlers

its tough on colm to see all mentioned stand out in club matches and not be able to draft them in

cooraclare will have a big say in the panel over the next few years if players commit to the county panel colm was in kilmihil this evening hopfully he can convince one or two more on to the panel

https://twitter.com/Westclarepage/status/775033420388896768

i think the player in qustion was asked last year but coudnt commit due to work , ennistymon put up a brave show against cratloe early today after a good championship and with a young team i would expect one or two making the senior panel also

there has been good work done under age the last few years so maybe a bit early for some players but the clare team could really do with another midfielder to cover brennan or o'connell and a full forward with hight the players are there it is just a matter of commitment and players being able to make time for the county panel

also in the championship you do have several players on the hurling panel that had great championships thos far , the likes of david fitzgerld and kevin hehir for ennistymon , tony kelly for clondegad connor mcgrath and cathal mac for cratloe along with the likes of david reidy eire og and connor cleary would all walk onto the panel too if they were not hurlers

its tough on colm to see all mentioned stand out in club matches and not be able to draft them in

What players do you think should be called up for footballers next year? Def need a few additions as Division 2 football is big step up.

Sad to see Kilrush relegated but themselves and Kilkee have been struggling. Kilkee have struggled a underage but always have seem to have one performance in them every year to avoid relegation. Harder for some of their older players to get off the team than on it. Very surprised Kilrush are gone down. They seem to have a good underage structure?The drop down could work in their benefit in the long run. Remember Milltown were relegated from senior championship a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

When will the football semi final draw be held?

• Advertisement

What players do you think should be called up for footballers next year? Def need a few additions as Division 2 football is big step up.

Sad to see Kilrush relegated but themselves and Kilkee have been struggling. Kilkee have struggled a underage but always have seem to have one performance in them every year to avoid relegation. Harder for some of their older players to get off the team than on it. Very surprised Kilrush are gone down. They seem to have a good underage structure?The drop down could work in their benefit in the long run. Remember Milltown were relegated from senior championship a few years ago

not 100% sure about who will be drafted in but i expect a number from the last few minor and u21 panels ,

maybe the likes of danny rouine from ennistymon , adrian davidson st breckans , gearoid o'brien kilrush, niall kelly lissycasey , john looney , cooraclare , podge mcmahon is also back with clondegad so i expect him on the extended panel

most of them players are forwards how many of them get called in is another question i would be thinking most of the above should be given invites to the extended panel over the winter

kilrush's downfall was coming with a while , and with the talk of 4 teams being relegated next year it might act as a kick up the back side for them if they win the intermediate championship next year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement